Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Twelve South HiRise for iMac | Height-adjustable stand with storage for iMac and Apple Displays
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on November 29, 2012
I've had a stiff neck for years and after trying a standing desk, it improved though not significantly. I realized that with the amount of time I spend at my desk, things need to be just right, ergonomically, to put this health issue to bed. That's where this guy comes in.

After an extensive search, I've found it's the only product out there that provides levels of adjustment. Everything else out there seems to be a one-height-fits-all approach. On top of that, they all don't support much weight and most are built poorly.

Not only does this let you set your iMac/Cinema Display at the perfect height (I'm 5'11" and have it at the third notch from the top), but it's built incredibly well with a great eye for detail and it works really well, aesthetically, with the Apple ecosystem.

I went back and forth before purchasing this, as it looked quite large and I was afraid it would take away from the otherwise minimal presence of the display, however I'm happy to report that it's much better than I thought.

BOTTOM LINE: There's no better product out there for this need, it's very reasonably priced, well built, and if you're thinking about buying it, don't think much longer - you'll be glad you did!
on November 18, 2013
I use it for the thicker (2011?) 27" iMac. This is a premium product. Nice aluminum finish, even the packaging is high quality. My neck feels much better looking at a better angle.

P.S there are three completely separate products being reviewed here. It is very misleading, Amazon should let each product have its own set of reviews.
on December 29, 2012
At 6'4", sitting in my adjustable desk chair at a height to try to keep my hips higher than my knees, the built-height of my iMac 21.5" puts the screen well below the optimum line of sight height. The HiRise is easy to assemble, and offers just the rise in base height that I need to get the screen positioned where I desire. The construction is sturdy, easy to place the shelf inside the cabinet and the space below the shelf gives a handy storage spot for my external disk and Thunderbolt cable behind the removable front cover. If it was lower priced it would have been perfect, but it's the best choice I've found.
44 comments|22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 5, 2015
It looks good and goes well with my 2014 27" Retina iMac. It does look like a box underneath my monitor but it is nice to have a place to hide my Superdrive, glasses case and USB hub in (along with a charging cable or two). It's pretty solidly built and I have not noticed any condition issues like some have complained about.

Some detractors though:
(1) The magnetic cover wants to sit just to the side when you don't have it screwed in. You can get it close but not exactly spot on.
(2) Did I mention that it looks like a box? Shoot, it looks more like a large HD. I had this in my shopping cart for over a month before pulling the trigger and ordering it. I have Bose Companion speakers so I simply turned them on their sides and set them next to it on each side. Looks more like a soundbar now.

Overall impression? I'm happy with it. There aren't a lot of easily found options out there for iMacs so if you add this to the Backpack, you should be pretty good to go.
review image review image
on July 9, 2015
The HiRise is hands down the best stand for anyone with an iMac, Cinema or Thunderbolt display. Assuming you have one of these 3 devices you most likely value both form and function, and versus it's competitors the HiRise is unparalleled.

Functionally: The ability to adjust the height of the shelf which holds the display is great. Whether your tall or short, sitting or standing the monitor can reach the optimal height for you. I purchased the HiRise in order to raise my cinema display to a better height for my neck while at my standing desk. At 6 feet tall, I have the shelf at the top slot. By having the shelf towards the top, I have a lot of room underneath for chargers and flash drives which is great, keeps my desk looking clean.

Form: The HiRise is the best looking monitor stand I've ever owned (previously I was used 2 reams of paper). The aluminum is smooth, great looking and blends right in with your Apple products. The front and back pieces are well made and stick strongly thanks to a few little magnets, which have incredible strength.

I like to keep my desk clean, clutter free and enjoy the minimalist look of the Apple displays so I was apprehensive to buy a stand such as this. Not only does the HiRise blend in nicely, it actually makes my desk simpler as I can hide my lightening and micro usb cables when they are not in use.

My only complaint is the front grille only sits flush when the logo is upside down which drives me a bit nuts. A friend has since bought the same stand and he doesn't have a problem so it is probably an isolated problem.
review image
on January 12, 2013
I'm not gonna say this is one of the essential accessories for the iPad but if you do decide to purchase one, you'll be glad that you did. Mainly, HiRise for iMac is used to elevate the iMac a few inches. For most, this is probably unnecessary. The main reason why I bought this was because i have this chair in front of my iMac and when I use my Apple remote, it blocks the signal path of the remote. Rather than constantly having to move my chair away and back, the HiRise came in pretty handy. Besides that, it's sturdy construction and the availability of a concealed storage space all came in handy. It's not essential, but it sure made me a bit happier.
on April 6, 2013
I ordered this stand from Amazon based the fact that it is also available at Apple stores--Apple doesn't have a habit of selling deficient 3rd party accessories in their stores--and my closest Apple store is 90 miles away.

I have a 27" Apple Thunderbolt display that I use with my late-2012 27" iMac. The difference in the height between the two displays when they are on the same surface is quite noticeable. When I found this stand I immediately ordered it. I have not been disappointed in it's fit or function. It is excellently made and quite a nice fit for its intended use.

The unit went together without any problems at all. Very good fit for all parts.

I do find three minor annoyances, none of which really detract from the item in a serious manner, but do, in my opinion, make this a 4.5 star and not a 5 star item. Unfortunately half stars aren't possible so I opted for 4 stars with an explanation in the text. Had this been a $40-$50 item it would have received 5 stars. For an $80 item I expect more.

First, the directions to place the shelf in the slot 2nd from the bottom are not correct for my combination. Placing the shelf in the bottom slot perfectly aligned my two displays. This is due to the differences in height between the 2012 iMacs and previous iMacs. This inaccuracy in the directions added additional labor to 'get things right'. The additional labor would not have been necessary had the directions been updated for the newer iMac.

Second, the color of the stand is slightly darker than the Apple brushed aluminum color. The reflectivity of the surface is also more subdued than that of the Apple brushed aluminum which also increases the perceived mismatch. In some instances being subdued is a plus--for example in editing photos--so I don't find this a major issue.

Third, the allen wrench supplied is not an exact fit for the screws supplied. The allen wrench is made of cheap metal and has imperfections where it was cut from an adjacent wrench during the manufacturing process. This is typical of extremely low cost tools. The very small screws supplied have a shallow depth and this requires a much higher quality wrench to work reliably. It is extremely easy to strip the wrench which can make it difficult to remove the screws. Fortunately, I have a high quality allen wrench which works quite well with the screws.

Even with the minor issues and the $80 cost I have absolutely no buyers remorse.
on March 29, 2014
I looked for an alternative because this product seemed to expensive for what it does, but ended up ordering this one for lack of options. I am pleased that I did.

The HiRise is worthy of an iMac by way of its product packaging, design, and quality. Quality costs money.
on March 29, 2014
I got a new 27" iMac about a month ago, my first desktop in a dozen years. Unfortunately, what I also got as a result of the iMac were a series of headaches. I discovered that needed to raise the iMac in order to sit in a better ergonomic position. How to safely raise a huge, relatively heavy iMac safely? And without raising it and trying, I wouldn't know exactly how much to raise it, so an adjustable stand would be ideal. After searching on Amazon and off, I located this Twelve South HiRise for iMac. Yes, it is an investment, but not having headaches is important. I was able to save a bit of money buying an out of box return from Amazon. It arrived in two days with my Prime account. I was very impressed with how sturdy this stand is. It is substantial, very good looking, and very easy to assemble. The top and bottom simply slide together. The engineering is excellent. There is an adjustable shelf, a back cover that screws on, and a front cover that is held on with magnets. I tucked my small backup drive that I use with TimeMachine. Now the screen is up where it belongs, my neck feels better, and my desk looks tidy and elegant. What more can I ask for?
on June 23, 2016
I was looking for a stand for my 27-inch iMac and stumbled across this. I almost never post 5 stars, but these guys earned it. It is the perfect height, the perfect width, and solidly built. Except for a few sharp polish edges, nothing pops out at me as wrong. I did not imagine I could find a product so on par with what I would have wanted had I known to design it myself. I hate sounding like a paid reviewer, but I was impressed.

I could suggest they add more options for different faces, but the two they sent work great for me and I cannot think of any way to make them better while retaining their flexibility. The face plates can be used either front or back, or not at all. There are decently strong magnets to secure them, also both front and back, as well as machine screw holes for the included Allen screws to lock them in place (completely optional, although the empty screw holes are visible in the front if left unused.) You can flip the plates any which way and use the half plate in the front (as I did to allow me access to my DVD-RW drive's slot) or you can put the half plate in the back for additional cables, if any. The open half can be top (as I used it) or bottom. I rarely run into well planned and well machined products. I am a little in awe. lol

The included shelf easily supports my iMac, but had I needed the height, the stand's top would have easily supported my iMac. There are six heights for the shelf to use, missing only dead center, since the top and bottom pieces slot into each other at the center.

If you care for such details, the packaging was over-the-top clean and stylish with foam rubber keeping all the pieces neatly snug. I would have been happy to rip it out of a cheap recycled cardboard box, but the included box is nice and I might actually use it for something else.