4.0 out of 5 stars Great gift
I gave this book as a gift to another tea drinking friend of mine. She told me that she loved the heart warming messages that the book has to offer. There are also several tasty recipes in this book that she says she is interested in trying.

I found that the beautiful illustrations were definately something to marvel at.

This book is a great gift...
Published on November 9, 2007 by Brittiny W

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
More of a "pretty thing" book instead of useful.
Published 2 months ago by Robin Ferguson

4.0 out of 5 stars Great gift, November 9, 2007
This review is from: The Twelve Teas® of Friendship (Hardcover)

This book is a great gift idea for anyone who enjoys a good cup of tea.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful gift for any tea-lover, March 27, 2009
Maria S (Vermont USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Twelve Teas® of Friendship (Hardcover)
I was given this book as a going-away gift from a group of fellow tea-lovers, and enjoyed it so much, I ordered this copy to give as part of a bridal shower gift.
The ideas for various types of tea parties were great and very do-able. It also has wonderful recipes, party favor ideas and lovely illustrations. A great, affordable gift for any tea lover.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dreamy, January 13, 2007
This review is from: The Twelve Teas® of Friendship (Hardcover)
This a great read!! It will take you places many of us can only dream of. It will give you great ideas for entertaining and being with friends.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great ideas and lovely illustrations!, March 20, 2009
This review is from: The Twelve Teas® of Friendship (Hardcover)
What a beautiful book! The pictures are so beautiful and dreamy; the book is great, but the pictures really make it special. Quotes on friendship and facts about tea are also scattered over the pretty pages.

For each month a different "friendship" tea is outlined. They are all about celebrating a different theme with friends. Ideas include "Nature" in July, "Laughter" in September, "Togetherness" in June, "Family" in December, and more. In case you're not sure how to get started on the planning for each tea, there are suggestions for how to decorate, what to serve (including tasty recipes!), and ideas for activities. After the blurb about the tea, there "Something Delicious" (recipes!), "Something to Make" (from napkin holders to a tea cozy), and "Something to Think About". Each has a section about the setting with all kinds of ideas and also a column with "Fun Friendship Facts" pertinent to that month's tea.

This is a great book to use again and again. It's all about enjoying people, because really, that's what a tea party is about. Slowing down, paying attention to little things, and taking the time to care. Have a cup of tea with someone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Please join me or a cup of tea., April 10, 2011
This review is from: The Twelve Teas® of Friendship (Hardcover)
this book is just as charming as a book about "teas" should be. Each tea is served around a specific subject but is adaptable to fit any occasion. The menus and recipes are perfect for the theme. I especially enjoy the spiritual flavor of each event. Loving and Caring, hospitatlity and gracious living, are what I want to provide my guests and with "The Twelve Teas of Friendship" I will bring that to reality with ease and sincerity.

5.0 out of 5 stars "A Celebration of Sisterhood", May 29, 2009
This review is from: The Twelve Teas® of Friendship (Hardcover)
"Through the seasons, through the years, it's your friends who carry you through. What would you do without them - these chosen sisters who laugh with you, cry with you, and speak the truth to you? And what better way to celebrate the warmth and intimacy of beautiful friendship than with the warmth and most intimate of celebrations - a tea." ~ Emilie Barnes ~

Author Emilie Barnes describes this book, "The Twelve Teas of Friendship," as a "celebration of sisterhood." It is a collection of creative ideas on how to host a flawless tea party for your friends and make it memorable. There are twelve suggested celebrations, one for each month of the year complete with tips on decorating; easy-to-follow recipes for cakes, cookies, sandwiches, fruit tartlets that go well with a perfect pot of tea; how to make gracious invitations, place cards and party favors; inspirational quotes; "Teatime Tidbits" and "Fun Friendship Facts." To add beauty and elegance to its pages, Susan Rios, a fine artist, provided the backdrop with her exquisite paintings that speak of warmth and cozy ambiance.

One of my BFFs (Best Friends Forever) gave me this book not as Christmas present nor birthday gift, but "just-because-gift." BFFs are truly the world's greatest treasures and to me, getting together with them on a regular basis is essential to keep friendship alive and lasting. My best friends and I meet as often as possible and spend quality time together (brunches or dinners at our favorite restaurants or concerts or visits to galleries and museums or trips to Santa Barbara, Solvang and Napa Valley or antiquing at Valencia, Agoura Hills and Ventura or watching movies and stage plays -- the last we've seen was the most hilarious I've ever seen in my entire life, "Menopause," or working out together. And we always end up at a designated home for cups of tea and pies. This is where this book comes in handy.

On page 59 is a poem that caught my eye and I would like to share it to all the ladies out there. Here goes...

~ What We Owe Our Friends:
Our loyalty
Our love
Our genuine concern for their well-being

~ Why We Need Our Friends:
For fun and companionship
For strength
For insight and identity

~ Why We Need Our Girlfriends:
Because we need to talk
Because there are things a man
Just doesn't "get"

Kudos to Emilie Barnes, Ann Christian Buchanan and Susan Rios for this beautiful book that celebrates the joy of friendship over a perfect pot of tea served with delicious goodies. This is indeed a perfect gift. For more of Emilie Barnes' inspirational books, please check these out: If Teacups Could Talk: Sharing a Cup of Kindness with Treasured Friends, The Twelve Teas® of Inspiration: Celebrations to Nourish the Soul, A Quiet Refuge: Prayers and Meditations for Hope and Healing (Barnes, Emilie) and 15 Minutes Alone with God.

"Finding a friend is like discovering a treasure." ~ Emilie Barnes ~

5.0 out of 5 stars So, So tea book, January 31, 2010
This review is from: The Twelve Teas® of Friendship (Hardcover)
I would not buy again, but book in great shape!! Not a whole lot of content on teas in book.

5.0 out of 5 stars I highly recommend this book, July 19, 2013
This review is from: The Twelve Teas® of Friendship (Hardcover)
I love teas. I especially am enjoying this book that gives you a variety....12 teas to host.....all with instructions, food ideas, recipes and such. I am finding it useful and fun and it is very beautifully illustrated.

5.0 out of 5 stars It was just what I was looking for, January 1, 2009
This review is from: The Twelve Teas® of Friendship (Hardcover)
I was very happy with the quickness of delivery, and the book was just what I expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Book, September 8, 2009
Cynthia Estes (Noblesville, Indiana) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Twelve Teas® of Friendship (Hardcover)
THE TWELVE TEAS OF FRIENDSHIP is a wonderful book. This is another great book by Emilie Barnes, and beautifully illustrated by Susan Rios. The recipes are delicious, and the stories are delightful. I am inspired to visit with friends over a cup of tea. This book is a must for a personal library collection.

The Twelve Teas® of Friendship
The Twelve Teas® of Friendship by Emilie Barnes (Hardcover - July 1, 2001)
Used & New from: $0.01