Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on July 28, 2014
This book contains the guidelines for reaching a healthy weight and keeping it. There is no formulaic diet to follow. Overeaters Anonymous is a 12 Step Program which enables members to understand why we over (or under) eat and have not been able to stay at a healthy weight despite diets, surgery, and therapy. The OA fellowship offers acceptance and support for anyone who wants to achieve sanity around food and weight management. No dues, no rules, and no religious doctrine. All one needs is to be open to a new way of thinking, the willingness to try a new way of living, and the honesty to admit we need help. I have maintained a 50 pound weight loss for 13 years thanks to the guidelines in this book. And I've never been happier in my life!
on June 25, 2014
IT IS THE ONLY answer to save your life. To take you out of the old habits and let you start a new life. To be forgiven for the past. To heal. This is a way of life and it will make you love yourself again.
on March 1, 2012
Very handy to have a kindle version on the go, but page numbers are not there so index was useless.
on August 28, 2015
I've been a member of OA for over 3 years and I really like the program and its approach to healing the lifestyle causes of food disorders. This is the core book, and we read it in a couple of the meetings I attend. A great introduction to the program, even if you are not ready to attend meetings.
on October 30, 2014
As a recovering food addict, I've found this book accompanied with 'The Twelve Step Workbook of Overeaters Anonymous' to be very, very helpful in working the steps. Along with a good sponsor, this book assists with learning the "what to do" of working each step. It's not too long or boring and most importantly doesn't try to get you to subscribe to any religious or cultish ideals. You are free to interpret your own spiritual definitions as you see fit. Again, get the workbook and a good sponsor, then this book will be essential in the recovery of food addiction.
on April 13, 2013
The Overeaters Anonymous program with their 12 Steps and 12 Traditions have been marvelous. I have used this program since 1978 and was delighted when they published their own book. All of that time the program has helped me keep a healthy body weight for my petite size, a size 6 which is what I am today. When I came in I lost around 80 pounds. There were occasions when I gained a small amount back for various reasons but was still at a healthy weight. I am in my 70's now and still fit, healthy and full of energy. It works if you work it.
on February 16, 2016
The same steps as in AA but with discussion appropriate for compulsive over eaters (the most common medically diagnosed eating disorder). This book, and the "life changes" it speaks of are also helpful for bullemics and exercise-a-holics. Not a self help book; the "12 & 12" is meant to be used in the context of the full 12 Step Recovery process...meaning relationships with other compulsive over eaters, self-reflection and group participation. For men and women.
on June 19, 2016
The book itself does a great job of drawing out that which is part of AA's 12 & 12 as it relates to OA - we need to approach the steps and traditions somewhat differently, while remaining true to the deeper meaning of them. I must also praise the eBook format - it is easily accessible and makes it possible to bring this with me, along with other program writings, without toting around a briefcase full of books. Thank you. Highly recommend this for anyone wishing to have the program in an accessible format.
on January 22, 2014
The OA 12 and 12 does not take the place of AA's Big Book, but it is a must for the sincere recovering compulsive overeater. No one understands and can explain recovery to us like the ones who have gone before us. There is no reason to reinvent the wheel. The answers are here and the program works if you work it. I bought the Kindle version because I attend a group that alternates which book we use each week. I can carry my whole recovery library with me by bringing my Kindle. Love it!
on March 10, 2015
I'm a believer so, this book works well for me.
Guess for an atheist or agnostic person, it would be harder to relate. You have to believe in a Power beyond yourself, for this to work.