Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Shop Now HTL

Format: Audio CDChange

on November 30, 2008
I purchased this awhile ago but I didn't have a chance to listen to it.
After watching Twilight and being intrigued by the songs (not the acting haha), I gave the CD a try.

I got to say... most of the songs were perfectly chosen for the scenes, but some songs were misplaced and just boring.

1. Muse - Supermassive Black Hole
This is my favorite song on the CD. Very hectic and pumps you up.
Seeing how Muse inspired Stephenie Meyer while writing the series, I thought this song was pretty important.

2. Paramore - Decode
The lyrics pertain to Bella & Edward's complex relationship and how Edward can't "decode" Bella's thoughts. Wish it was in the movie though, not the credits.

3. The Black Ghosts - Full Moon
This was in the first 5 minutes of the movie. Song relates to how Bella comes to Forks for the first time.

4. Linkin Park - Leave Out All The Rest
This is a different sound coming from Linkin Park, but I loved it.
Again, this song was in the credits & not made of much use :/

5. Mutemath - Spotlight (Twilight Mix)
This song was played when Edward & Bella became "official."
Clever song choice for the scene since all eyes were on the couple.

6. Perry Farrell - Go All The Way (Into the Twilight)
I didn't really like this song. It was probably chosen for its title "Into the Twilight".

7. Collective Soul - Tremble for My Beloved
Very mystique and eerie. Perfect for the car accident scene.

8. Paramore - I Caught Myself
Very catchy song. "Down to you, keep pushing and pulling me down to you."
You can imagine Bella's struggle. Too bad this song was used in the wrong scene.

9. Blue Foundation - Eyes on Fire
Personally, I got to love this song. However, the dark lyrics didn't exactly match the scene in the movie.

10. Rob Pattinson - Never Think
This is Rob's first recorded song so I got to give props to him. It was sort of random in the movie, but listening to it at home was a whole different experience. It almost made me tear up... shh!

11. Iron & Wine - Flightless Bird, American Mouth
Perfect song for the perfect scene. It's very romantic & soft.

12. Carter Burwell - Bella's Lullaby
Burwell did an excellent job composing this piece. He's an excellent musician, but this song wasn't really what I was looking for as Bella's lullaby. When I read the book I imagined maybe Yiruma's "Love Me."
The song should have been more personal. I think the reason why I gave it 4 stars is because of this song. It didn't display any kind of emotion "Edward" would have put in the song.
1515 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 10, 2008
I devoured the four Twilight books and grabbed the soundtrack the day it came out in anticipation of the upcoming movie. I found the collection of rock tracks to be a lot darker and angsty than I was hoping for. Good songs, but just harder and angrier. Yes, its a vampire movie and there is action, but I also expected there to be softer pieces more along the lines of Rob Pattinson's song. This is a love story before anything else. I didn't get that feeling at all from the CD. The more I listen, the more I like the music, but I think I'll have to see how its used in the movie before I can make a final judgement.

I do have to agree with other reviewers that the biggest disappointment was Bella's Lullaby. This superorchestrated piece of music is beautiful but nothing like its described in the book. The version of "A River Flows in You" by Yiruma that has been circulating on the web is a beautiful and much more appropriate song that I wish could've been included instead.

I'm hoping the original score released in December will have the moody instrumental music I'm looking for.

(UPDATE: I have seen the movie and I think the music works, surprisingly. The songs have also grown on me quite a bit, so I'd add a star to my review if I could figure out how.)
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 4, 2008
Driving techno and peppy beats wasn't what I expected for Bella and Edward. Somehow it doesn't fit my perception of their love story or the cadence of a dreary green landscape. I don't think it needed to be depressing but this is a bit grating for my ears. Even the lullaby (the only reason why I bought the album) sounds like overly produced scales-- Definitely not something a man in love would compose for the woman who makes him feel everything that he once believed dead. I doubt Edward was surrounded by an orchestra when he plays this for her and the song barely has any emotional impact when played by piano alone.

Robert Pattinson's song was moody and underproduced. I loved it. Iron & Wine was pretty. Linkin Park song almost sets the right mood but fails. Blue Foundation works well for me. Paramore barely gets a nod for me because Evanescence does moody and tortured better.

I think I will buy the movie score (if that is released) to get what I was looking for. This soundtrack is meant to appeal to the masses.

If you are buying the CD for any inserts...don't bother. Nothing but a tiny poster.

All of the songs were good in their own right but the tenor of the music wasn't what I was hoping to experience. Buying this CD for the music without regard to the Twilight story and your gonna love it.

A good example of the music-movie relationship (although the movie was awful) was Queen of the Damned. The sound track set you up for the movie experience. Another was Garden State, great music that fit movie the characters moods.
1313 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 7, 2009
To those who have read the other reviews, and to those who've WRITTEN reviews about this SOUNDTRACK: If you're looking for the version of BELLA LULLABY that was played by Edward Cullen/ Robert Pattinson in the movie, buy the SCORE to the movie, not the SOUNDTRACK. The score is the songs and sound clips from the movie, the soundtrack is the edited and fine tuned versions of the songs in the movie plus some songs inspired by it.
on November 11, 2008
The soundtrack to any work of film is something that all film buffs should have. In this case though, I think many in the Twilight world have previously created their own interpretations of the film by way of music and created their own soundtracks. In this sense, listeners may be somewhat disappointed and there are some track, like Perry Farrell's, that don't seem to fit the general tone of the novel or the film, but were added, presumably, because they were written specifically for the film. Bands like Paramore, Linkin Park, Carter Burwell, and Robert Pattinson himself, contributed some wonderful pieces of original music in which to indulge one's self in the captivating world of Meyer's vampires.

Though this collection of music did nto adhere to my personal soundtrack, I am happy to have it in my collection of works and creations stemming from the original Meyers novel.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 5, 2008
I know that Stephenie Meyer listened to a lot of Muse and Linkin Park while she was writing the Twilight series, but something about electronics-laced, fast paced, techno songs does not say "Forks, Washington" to me. Collectively, the soundtrack is not very cohesive. The only standout tracks on the CD are Bella's Lullaby and the songs by Blue Foundation, Iron & Wine and Robert Pattinson. Paramore was close, but somehow missed the mark for me when it came to the overall tone of the series. They are clearly marketing this CD to the teenaged audience of Twilight (it makes perfect sense), but I hope that the soundtracks for the upcoming movies are a little more mature. It would be nice to see a more cohesive soundtrack with songs that are a bit moodier. I would LOVE to see Garbage ("The Trick is to Keep Breathing"?), Rilo Kiley ("Dreamworld"), Foo Fighters or Filter on the soundtracks in the future. Also, check out "Twilight" by Future of Forestry...would've been perfect for the soundtrack. I guess I should be thankful that the Jonas Brothers, Taylor Swift or Miley Cyrus are nowhere in sight though, right?
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 19, 2009
I'm a bit disappointed as I came to get the songs I don't have and you can only get the them by buying the whole album! So what about all of us that already bought the album the first time around, are we just screwed? Not really fair especially in these economic times Amazon!

As for Rob's "Let Me Sign" iTunes had it available if you Pre-ordered the album along with instrumentals of the classical songs mentioned. Border's version had Paramores' "Decode" in acoustic.

Anyways, as much as I like the series I'm annoyed that the special features can't be downloaded separately from the rest of the album.
No kudos for you record company =(
VINE VOICEon June 16, 2009
The "Twilight" novels by Stephenie Meyer were highly addictive and incredibly atmospheric books. The author added to her writing style by including on her website a "soundtrack" for each book. The movie was a departure from the novels (a horrible departure) and as such the soundtrack to the movie did deviate from the novel soundtrack -- but the soundtrack to the movie succeeded in all the ways that the movie itself failed so miserably.

Muse inspired the Twilight Saga, according to Stephenie Meyer, so it's only appropriate that they lead off the album. Their highly infectious "Supermassive Black Hole" is somewhat irritating on the first listen but the punkish hook keeps listeners coming back for more. This is followed by one of my personal favorites on the album, "Decode" by Paramore.

Paramore is something of a mix between Avril Lavigne and Megan McCauley, and the lyrics perfectly fit the novel as well as the music fitting the movie -- not too poppish and not too rockish, "Decode" was one of the highlights of the album. This is followed by the delightfully odd "Full Moon" by The Black Ghosts. Next, Linkin Park, another band featured on the book soundtrack, kicks in their lovely "Leave out All the Rest," another solid track.

"Spotlight" by MuteMath has an infectious beat but it isn't the best song. This track is followed by the extremely unfortunate "Go All the Way" by Perry Farrell. This track seems to be a mix of high prep and techno, and it's an awful song. Thankfully Collective Soul's "Tremble for My Beloved" kicks in.

This is where the soundtrack takes a sharp upswing in quality; Collective Soul (incidentally the same track featured on the book soundtrack) blends in to Paramore's wonderfully ache-y tune "I Caught Myself," which then bleeds into Blue Foundation's haunting "Eyes on Fire." Next, Rob Pattinson, the actor who portrayed Edward Cullen, lends his soulful and surprisingly sexy vocal and guitar chords to the intimate acoustic ballad "Never Think." The ever-lovely folk band Iron & Wine finish the album with "Flightless Bird, American Mouth."

The last track is "Bella's Lullaby" by Carter Burwell, the composer to the film. This track is taken with a grain of salt because on the one hand, it's a lovely, tranquil orchestration. On the other hand, it was a foreshadowing of how far from the book the movie would deviate. On its own, "Bella's Lullaby" is a beautiful song; but within the source material it's sure to anger true fans of the book.

Despite its few downfalls, "Twilight" is a wonderful album and is more than worth the $10 price tag. 4 out of 5 stars.

**The iTunes digital exclusive version of this album includes three bonus tracks, "Let Me Sign," another beautiful track by Rob Pattinson, and modern performances by philharmonic orchestras of the classical ballads "La Traviata" and "Clair de Lune."

**The Borders version of this album includes one bonus track: a remix of "Bella's Lullaby" interspliced with dialogue from the film.

**There has also been a deluxe re-issue of this album which includes five new songs and a bonus DVD: "Love is Worth the Fall" by OAR, "Decode (acoustic)" by Paramore, "Flightless Bird, American Mouth (Live)" by Iron & Wine, a new remix of "Spotlight" by MuteMath and a new remix of "Full Moon" by The Black Ghosts.
on November 5, 2008
To say I had high hopes is an understatement. When I read Twilight I thought of dreary rainy Forks and Bella being kind of an outcast.

The music however, is electronic pop/alt. rock. Some interesting song choices, and I thought Linkin Park fit in perfect with my image of Bella's story. But the rest of the soundtrack just leaves me a little lost.

Paramore's "Decode" was pretty good, but the second song not so much.

Pattinson's song was terrible. Beautiful guitar work but good lord this song was mumbled and left a lot to be desired.

I know a lot of people have complained about Bella's song, and I have to agree. Its a beautiful song...just not for Bella. Edward wrote a PIANO piece. Not a huge instrumental featuring violins as a key. A simple (yet complicated) piece that he'd perfected with time and was supposed to show Bella how much he felt for her. But it just started...and ended. I don't really want to listen to it again.

Iron & Wine (never heard of 'em) was good, but the song was a little misplaced.

I'm finding myself hoping that most of these songs will be background music during the movie, because it'll probably take me completely out of the experience.

Here's to hoping the score will be better...but this time I think I'll wait and preview it BEFORE placing a preorder.
on January 30, 2009
I went to see the film with my daughter, having never read the book. Film was kind of fun. Read the book, loved it. Bought the soundtrack. Went to see the film again to see better how it compared to the book (and to really get to watch the film without someone giggling behind me), and to my amazement found that the Robert Pattinson song was clear and crisp in the film, but mumbled so badly on the soundtrack CD that I had to look up the words online to find out the lyrics. If I am not mistaken, I think I also heard Pattinson sing another song in the film (that would make two total) that is not on this CD. I could be wrong on that, but I don't think so.

Some of the songs are pretty good, but I think the CD is poorly produced in and of itself. Too bad one cannot buy a clearer version.