6,723 Reviews
 (4,341)

4.0 out of 5 stars Compelling Story, albeit Plagued with Problems
Bottom Line: The author really didn't have enough time to let this mature, and didn't have a good editor. You need both to create something really enduring.

I read an article the other day in the Dallas Morning News about the disposable book: how publishers are now out to milk authors for all they can get in the short-term, with no thought to longevity or...
Published on July 22, 2008 by Booksiedaisy

1,230 of 1,398 people found the following review helpful
3.0 out of 5 stars Good for a rainy day fantasy...
It seems this book has received massive amounts of acclaim, but I never heard of it until I decided to watch The Dark Knight. A preview for the movie Twilight came on and mentioned that it was based on the best-selling novel by Stephenie Meyer. Since the preview looked good and I prefer to read books before seeing the movie, I picked up a copy.

Now that you...
Published on July 27, 2008 by T. Adlam

‹ Previous | 1543 544 545673 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! AWESOME! OMG!!, September 30, 2008
A Kid's Review
BEST BOOK EVER!!!!! This book isn't a waste of time and money! BUY IT!!! Stephanie Meyer is a GENIOUS! GO EDWARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, November 4, 2007
I bought this book for my daughter, but ended up reading it myself. I loved it so much, I couldn't wait to buy the next two books.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Page Turner, October 26, 2005
This review is from: Twilight (Hardcover)
I recently read this book (in 2 days) and loved it! Stephenie Meyer brilliantly discribed Bella, Edward, and everything around them. I loved this book and it is now one of my favorite books of all time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Twilight review, June 8, 2010
I've read the Twilight books three times and still can't get enough. I've also purchased the set four times. Wonderful as gifts!

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it, January 12, 2009
Jennifer Crane (Webb City, MO United States) - See all my reviews
Very easy read & hard to put down. Of course it's unbelievable, but takes you to another place for a little while. Must read it-

3.0 out of 5 stars eh, August 25, 2008
This book was a little too mushy for me, it read like a corny romance novel. It did get a lot more interesting in the end though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, July 31, 2008
I could not put this book down. I loved the characters and the poetry of Stephenie Meyers writing. Now I have to read the other 3.

3.0 out of 5 stars entertaining for teens, July 10, 2008
Dawn (Martinez, ca United States) - See all my reviews
I read this book becasue I coach a high school team and this book has been all the rage with high school age girls. I can see why. This book has all the drama, angst, and ecstasies of high school relationships and attempts at romance. There are the beautiful vampires and the very average protagonist "Bella", the latter captures the attention of the beautiful Edward. The deficiency of the story is the failure to explain why Edward would have such a compelling attraction to Bella. The writing style uses the end of chapter cliff hanger device to keep the book moving at a fairly good clip. There are also some imaginative scenes concerning vampire lifestyles. I would recommend this book for high school girls, but cannot recommend it as an adult read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, September 23, 2007
I really enjoyed this book. I was skeptical at first when I heard the story line, but it is written well and is very interesting.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars isn't enough!!!, September 7, 2007
I loved this book.. i couldn't put it down... it almost felt like i was there see and hearing everything... it is a muct read!!!!

‹ Previous | 1543 544 545673 | Next ›