Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Twilight movie Perfume Spray in Decorative Box
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 30, 2009
I'm a twenty-five year old Twilight fan. I enjoyed the books. I liked the movie and purchased the DVD. ...But I'm still on the fence about the perfume.

The deep red, apple-shaped bottle is lovely. Unfortunately, it's also an exact copy of the Nina Ricci design. The leaves and cap are cheap plastic. I do enjoy the writing on the bottle, and the box itself is lovely, but the entire design feels.. almost rushed.

My guess is that the fragrance in the bottle was rushed also - while still in the design phase.

I wanted to love this perfume. I really did. So much so that I purchased 3 bottles, unsniffed, believing that it would become my daily-wear fragrance. (I love lavender and freesia!) But, sadly, when I sprayed this perfume and sniffed it, the first thing that came to mind was Pine-Sol/Lysol. The fragrance starts out smelling harsh, like cleanser. I tolerated this for a while, and then smelled it again. The scent had softened to an almost soapy light scent, which was lovely, but would have been better if I hadn't had to wait for it to become pleasant. If it smelled soapy right out of the bottle, I would have been perfectly satisfied. The first 10 or 15 minutes after I spray this are just unfortunate. And I use the term "unfortunate" because this fragrance could have been something beautiful; I kept imagining lavender, freesia and a soft layer of apple scent... sweet and a little woodsy/floral... It had so much potential!

Overall, a rating of 3 stars out of 5 for the packaging and lovely movie tie-in. I would suggest, however, that this be purchased as a collector's item, and not as a fragrance.
on January 28, 2009
I must agree with Hermione. This perfume should be brought as a souvenir of the movie only. It smells really strong like some type of cleaner. I only sprayed my neck once and one wrist. The smell gave me a headache. I just got it lastnight for $48 plus tax at Hot Topic. I think it is overpriced. The bottle is gorgeous(a copy of Nina Ricci but still cute) and if youre a fan of the movie....then get it....but DO NOT buy it if youre looking for a high quality perfume cause it will not satisfy you.Just a little thing I want to through in.....once the perfume has been worn for a little while it does get more bearable!
on January 5, 2009
Honestly, this is overpriced here. I'm pretty sure that at Borders and Hot Topic it's somewhere around $30 to $40. It doesn't smell that great, it reminds me of something my grandmother would wear. I really don't recommend it but as I said if you really just "HAVE TO HAVE IT" don't buy it from here.
Edit: In response to a few comments, actually I do have a boyfriend and I'm just as much a Twilight lover as anyone out there. I just feel that the company who made this could have done better. Also, I just read an article that the creators of the perfume are being sued for copyright infringment by Nina Ricci.
on January 22, 2010
A lot of people dislike the smell of the perfume,I would say sure buy it if you're a fan of the Twilight series. But I bought it (mainly for the bottle's design) and I loved the perfume. Then again, I love the smell of lavender. I guess it depends on your taste. My only critique would be,if you're a perfume kinda girl...then this perfume is too expensive,and the contents too small. So if you're really heavy with spraying, don't get this, cause you'll waste your money.

Also, the 'decoratvie box' is a simple paper-made box. It's nothing sturdy or fancy. It's only good point, is that it has a mini of the Twilight movie poster on one side. And the other is the movie logo 'The Forbidden Fruit, Tastes The Sweetest'. I threw mine away, because it didn't really hold any value for me.

It's not crafted nicely either. The bottle is dyed red, glass. The 'leaves' of the apple come off and break easily. They're plastic, as is the 'cap' for the perfume. I threw those away too, just because I got tired of having to take off the dumb things everytime I wanted to spray it.

So, I believe the price of this here, and at any other website is completely ridiculous and overly expensive. Don't waste your money!
on June 28, 2011
It was gorgeously packaged and quickly taken off the market due to the company being sued for the bottle being of similar look to another perfume bottle. The graphics and photo quality on the box was unsatisfactory. It was blurry and had misalignment of shadows. When I opened the box to see the bottle I was so excited. Then after close examination the silver part was chipping off and a little discolored. All in all it was good just for the hype and the bottle was pretty but quality wasn't that good.
on January 6, 2011
I bought received this item for my birthday when the product first came out. I know over the years it has been taken off shelves due to lawsuit. They had it at this one particular store for a very long time and then it sold out.I had finally been able to come across it on ebay for about 60 bucks compared to the 80-100 that they are now running. If you wanna get a reasonable price then your best bet would be ebay. It is a great collectors item. I now own two. I am probably planning on using one and collecting the other. I really like this item and the smell to. It does smell soapy when put on but overall i really like this perfume.
on March 7, 2009
It's important to begin by saying that I am an insanely huge Twilight fan. I walked into Hot Topic to buy this perfume -- without smelling it first, mind you -- no matter how much it cost (because it was from Twilight). I simply had to have it, as pathetic as that is.

The clerk told me to try it first. I did. And I walked out of the store WITHOUT the perfume.

The smell was so strong that my sister gagged, and I was getting a little dizzy. All I did was spray my wrist lightly once! What does it smell like? A mix between Pinesol, Lysol, and...some musky floral scent.

The reason I give it two stars is because once it wears off to a faint smell on your skin (approximately four hours later), it does smell rather tolerable -- like you've just washed your skin with bar soap.

WEIRD perfume...but I guess some people could really get into it. Just not me!
on August 8, 2010
To be honest I have not seen or read any books of Twilight,but to come to enjoy the perfume is something else. I bought this perfume for my daughter, and now I end up using it, except that now it's too expensive...I bought for like 50.00 at Torrid. The scent is clean, fresh, flowery and long lasting. Co-workers often ask me what I am wearing.
on April 15, 2009
This product is from China. It smells like soap, not freesia/lavender as it is suppose to. Save your money and go to a department store and get a scent that is a true perfume. This is just junk.
on July 25, 2009
I AM A HUGE TWILIGHT FAN. So when I saw this at Hot Topic, I had to have it. I bought it without smelling it. BIG MISTAKE.

This stuff reaks! I smells like a combination of toliet bowl cleaner and my grandmother's perfume. Nasty!

The bottle is pretty, but cheap plastic.

Don't waste you money on this cheap crap. Do what I do. Rub on KISS MY FACE lavender lotion and spray on BATH AND BODY freesia spray.