5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product but Lousy Packaging
Published on March 4, 2011 by clm

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy to swallow?
Published on January 7, 2011 by N. Parker

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product but Lousy Packaging, March 4, 2011
This review is from: Twinlab C-1000 Caps, 1000mg, 250 Capsules (Pack of 2) (Health and Beauty)
I saw another reviewer that had the same problem. I received 2 bottles wrapped in a bubblewrap bag with one bottle completely shattered with glass and pills scattered in bag. There was not enough other packaging protection in the box itself, which is why the bottle probably shattered. I was completely out of Vitamin C and reported the damaged bottle and sent it back. I kept the unbroken bottle and wanted to communicate with a person via email about this, but there is no why to ensure they send only one bottle as a replacement. I hope I do not have to go round and round about this. The replacement, I fear is going to be 2 bottles instead of one because there was no way to ask for only one bottle. Better, secure packaging would really help since there are not many reviews and at least one other person experienced a broken bottle. I rate the item / product 5 star, but packaging 1 star.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product at an absolute giveaway price, 5 stars amazon!, April 6, 2011
The product is what it is. USA manufactured pure crystalline vitamin C, and A LOT of it! Subscribe and save brought my price to $14.44 for 2 bottles. The twinlab website wants $31.95 per bottle. Not sure if I have ever seen that big of a mark down for such a necessary item, so grab it now while you can. Expiration date 12/15 from my purchase that arrived yesterday. I am definitely buying a few more at this price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vitamin C is essential for good health, September 11, 2011
D. R. Schryer (Poquoson, VA United States) - See all my reviews
Vitamin C is so important for health that the vast majority of animals manufacture it daily in their bodies. This is why animals can live outdoors even in the winter without getting colds or most other infectious illnesses. Being healthy is important to animals because if an animal gets sick it usually becomes eaten by a healthy animal. Only a few animals -- principally humanes, monkeys, and apes -- cannot manufacture vitamin C. The inability to manufacture vitamin C confines monkeys and apes to live in or near the tropics, where the weather is warm and edible fruits and vegetation is very rich in vitamin C and thus can supply their need for this essential nutrient. Outside the tropics they would get sick and die or be killed, so most monkeys and apes live only in or near the tropics unlike most other animal species. When monkeys and apes are removed from the tropics to live in zoos or as pets, they routinely are fed a diet very rich in vitamin C in order to keep them healthy.

Humans also originated in the tropics and cannot manufacture vitamin C but -- unlike monkeys and apes -- most humans eventually migrated away from the vitamin C rich tropics and spread all over the world to places in which the food supply contains much less vitamin C than is needed to maintain our health. Thus, unlike other animals, we humans routinely get sick with colds and other illnesses which adequate vitamin C would protect us against. Only the invention and use of clothing, shelter, and weapons makes it possible for humans to survive the illnesses caused by inadequate vitamin C which we routinely get. Humans are the only animals which routinely get sick and yet generally survive our illnesses. But why should we live with periodic bouts of illness? Why not protect ourselves by taking supplemental vitamin C, such as this product? This is the argument presented by Dr. Linus Pauling in his book Vitamin C, the Common Cold, and the Flu. Linus Pauling was the greatest chemist of the 20th century and is the only person ever to have been awarded two unshared Nobel Prizes. If you follow Pauling's advice and take adequate supplemental vitamin C daily, you probably will become healthier in many ways, and may never have another cold or the flu.

5.0 out of 5 stars not bad, December 28, 2010
Very good pricing. Way better than what Id get at GNC. And its a mega dose of vitamin C, It really helps my immune system.

4.0 out of 5 stars As advertised., September 8, 2009
There's not much to say about these vitamins, except that they are as advertised. The price was good, and I am satisfied, but there are really not that many factors to rate this product on. They are easy to swallow, and I would recommend them to anyone needing Vitamin C. Since taking them, I have had no colds or flu, so they must be working! :>)

5.0 out of 5 stars TwinLab C-1000 Caps, July 31, 2009
These caps were no longer available at any of my local sources and I was astounded when I found them on Amazon and on Sale!! Amazon got them to me quickly and I will be buying from them again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy to swallow?, January 7, 2011
I find it interesting that one of the "features" of this product is that they are easy to swallow. These pills are HUGE! I had a difficult time getting them down because I'm just not used to taking enormous pills like this. I can handle normal size pills and even somewhat large caplets - but these things are BIG! If you don't like taking large pills, these aren't for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars C-1000, May 17, 2014
MUST TAKE VIT. C MORNING & NIGHT. LIKE TO TAKE CAPSULES SO THEY ARE EASY TO SWALLOW AND CAN ONLY FIND CAPSULES WITH THIS PRODUCT.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a repeat customer on this one., January 20, 2014
I find these Twinlab C-1000 capsules to be easy to swallow, economical, and well packaged. I prefer the 1000mg dosage because I am megadosing vitamin C and I currently take two of these three times a day. I am below bowel tolerance level and experience no problems. If you need to learn about this important nutrient I can reccomend Steve Hickey's book "Vitamin C - The Real Story". I believe that it is an important book on many levels. I have purchased several copies to give as gifts to people I care about. It is an eyeopening wake-up call.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, Questionable Packaging, January 18, 2014
I ordered and received 4 bottles of these vitamin C capsules. No complaints about speed of shipping, quality or even the box size. However, when they arrived, each two pack of bottles were packaged in the same pocket of bubble wrap, touching each other, no cushioning between them whatsoever. I was surprised there was no breakage, so I'm giving this 4 stars based on the quality of the product. I would have gladly given it 5 stars, but I think Amazon.com needs to be a little more careful with this issue when shipping glass containers.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Twinlab C-1000 Caps, 1000mg, 250 Capsules (Pack of 2)
$59.90 $27.18