Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts Under $50 Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now DOTD

on January 15, 2013
UPDATE 2/4/2015
I was excited to hear that the manufacturers updated the Twist and Shout Mop. I was very happy with the original (and still use it) but I'm thrilled with the new one and use it at my retail shop! Whether it's for home use or business, you can't go wrong with this mop. I like the improved splash guard on the pail and I also like that the handle is longer. I am not that tall so the original mop design was fine for me but since I use the new mop at my shop, my employees are grateful, especially the ones that are over 6' tall :-) It's been 2 years now that I've been using this mop, and I will never use another product. My hands don't get dirty, and no sore back!

Original Review:
I used my mop yesterday and I loved it! First, it was easy to assemble and to use. Second, I only used water and I couldn't believe how much dirt it picked up from my tile floor (and I thought the floor was clean!). I have purchased a lot of products over the years and I have to say that I think this mop is better than the Swiffer Wet Jet. The Wet Jet seems to push dirt into my grout lines and then I have to go back with a brush and clean the grout, I did not have this problem with my new mop. The Wet Jet also streaks my tile floor and because my surface area is large, I used up to 3 cloths, which just seems like a waste to me. Anyway, I'm going to use my Twist and Shout mop on my wood floor next and I'm sure what I thought was clean will have a lot of hidden dirt that this mop will pick up!
1919 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 19, 2013
>>>>>>>>>>>>Update 2/6/2015<<<<<<<<<<<<<
I had the pleasure of testing out the newest version of the Twist and Shout Mop. The first and foremost improvement is in the handle design. The handle is much sturdier, and longer. The handle length allows the mop to be used at a proper angle. It also has a more comfortable, rounder end piece on the handle.
The bucket design has a new splash guard. This was a real concern for me when I purchased the original mop set. I gave the new bucket and mop the splash test and found there is virtually no splash or spray! Love that!
Of course that mop heads are amazing at picking up dirt. Just to let the readers know, I still am using the very first mop head that came with the set. It is used for a commercial cleaning business. It is used, laundered, sanitized, and ready to go back to work...amazing!
I have used many cleaning products over the past 25 years for my business. Some are good, some are not so good. But then there are some that are outstanding. The Twist and Shout Mop is a product that is outstanding. If this product does a great job day in and day out for commercial cleaning, imagine how it will withstand home use. I highly recommend the Twist and Shout Mop.

((Original post)):
I bought this mop for my use at my job. The mop and bucket are very well made. The mop handle is metal and can come apart for storage. The bucket is the perfect size; small enought to tote around yet large enough for a proper rinse of the mop. The mop is operated by a spinning basket in the bucket and a spinner in the mop handle. There is a lever that engages the spinning action on the handle. It works well for small areas. When using in a large area or several floors, the engaging and disengaging of the lever action becomes more work than simply wringing the mop by hand. But I can deal with it. The major flaw I found is that the mop handle is too short to be used with comfort. I am not a tall woman but I have to use this mop at almost a straight angle. Perhaps another six inches longer handle would have made this mop a pleasure to use.
I want to mention that the cleaning heads themselves are wonderful. The microfiber does a great job in picking up dirt and grime. I bought extra mop heads right away. Hopefully they will last a good long time with frequent use.
One more thing, I found that placing the whole bucket in a bathtub is the best place for spinning the mop. There is some spray that comes out of the bucket while spinning.

(Original Update 7/26/13):

I had the opportunity to test an 8" handle extension piece. After using the mop with the extension, I have found that the Twist and Shout Mop is now the ideal length. A good product has now become a great product! I still use the mop for work (a commercial cleaning service), and the mop has held up amazingly well. The first mop head is still in use and still works as well as the day I purchased it.
The mop handle extension is now available through Amazon.
Thank you Absolushion Inc.!
3434 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 1, 2013
My wife is a very fastidious housekeeper, and also suffers from arthritis in her hands. For years she has used the traditional mop with presser on the bucket. The presser on this particular bucket doesn't extract all the water, so she was using her hands to do the final wringing. This was, of course, painful. She recently lost the lady who was doing the heavy cleaning, leaving this task up to her and me, in our 70s and in a 2 story house. She reported that her mop was leaving deposits of lint on the freshly-mopped floor, so I decided to search online for a lint-free mop. That search led me to the Twist and Shout website.

I watched the video and thought this might be the answer, so I bought the mop, with the extension handle and extra heads. It got here in what seemed like 3 days, I couldn't believe how fast it came. My wife was skeptical at first, but I demonstrated the spin feature and she was impressed with how wrung out the mop got. She and I did a heavy cleaning in the house, I ran the vac and she did the mopping. We left the floors spotless. Our wood floors really never looked better, but the best news is that with repeat moppings, there doesn't seem to be so much dust and lint. The house seems to be getting cleaner and cleaner with each mopping. I'm guessing the lint-free microfiber should get the credit.

This mop also works great as a dust mop when used dry. This mop is a Godsend for those suffering from arthritis. The extension handle is well worth getting, for sure. You can read the reviews here and get a good idea of the quality of this product. As for the 3 star reviews, I don't know what they did but if you follow the instructions and don't mop as if you were King Kong, it will perform beautifully. Watch the video put out by Twist and Shout, and you can't go wrong.

In case you're thinking, here's some husband giving what he thinks is a great practical gift, but what does his wife say? Well, she flat-out loves this mop, and tells me so nearly every time she uses it. And this is from a lady who would mop 3 times a week if the floors were slightly dusty.

I know you will love it. In fact, I just bought another one for my daughter in Texas, who is a working mom with a huge houuse with tile floors and 2 small kids. This mop is fast and very light, so it's easy to use and you don't feel wiped out after using it. I highly recommend it. I would give it 10 stars if Amazon allowed that; it's that good.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 3, 2013
Wow, this mop has been a life saver for me. I have 2 dogs, 1 cat and 2 kids, so it can be challenging to keep the house clean on a regular basis, but I TRY. Between cleaning up the pets' hair and my kids' messes, I own at least 5 different mops and 3 dust mops to get my floor clean. I saw this mop advertised online and was intrigued that it can be used as both a dry and wet mop.

It turns out to be one of my best purchase decisions and the best mop I've ever owned. It seems pricey for a mop, but trust me, it's worth it. I use one mop head as a dry mop to catch all the dust, particles and pets' hair. It's very effective because they just all cling onto the microfiber. I do a quick sweep and I'm done. I use the second mop head to mop all my floors. I've used it on both wood floor and tile and it works like a charm, leaving no streaks behind. The self-wringing mop really makes it easy, quick and convenient. I don't ever have to touch the mop head or bend. The other nice thing about this mop is that it's surprisingly super lightweight which is an added bonus for my back. Definitely two thumbs up on this product!
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2013
I was hesitant to buy this mop because I have tiles in just a few areas in my house, but I got tired of my Swiffer which gets kind of expensive with all the solutions and refills, and most importantly it seems to always leave streaks behind. A friend highly recommended this mop to me, so I thought I’d give it a try. It’s not a spray mop, like Swiffer. It’s more like the traditional mop and bucket, but totally improved. I was pleasantly surprised by how easy it is to wring the mop head and to clean the floor. I love that my hands don’t need to get wet and I can control the level of dryness by spinning it more or less. It’s nice because after I mopped, the floor didn’t have any streaks and it dried quickly. Oh, and I almost forgot the best part, unlike Swiffer, it can bend completely so that I can easily clean under the table and chairs, no need to move those pieces of furniture anymore. Thanks for making such a great product!
on June 13, 2013
I have been on a desperate search for tools to help me keep my floor clean. My property backs up to empty fields and a ton of dirt and dust blows around.. .which my two Boxer dogs happily track inside on a daily basis. I have hardwood floors throughout - brazillian cherry, which seems to have been designed by nature as the perfect platform to showcase `flashy fawn' boxer hairs - which my two dogs shed each time they exhale.

Between the dust bowl conditions outside, and two shedding, drooly boxers - keeping my floors clean was a DAILY chore. I literally have to vacuum each night and mop every few days. When I don't, my floors are just disgusting. I now own a combination of 5 vacuums - including the new Neato Signature Pro which arrived last week and has been doing a quite decent job of vacuuming for me (yeah). So what remained: finding a decent mop. I have been using the Bona Kemi spray mop - which does a fine job but just takes too long for my open floor plan. So, influenced by the great reviews, I ordered the Twist and Shout less than three days ago and found it sitting on my doorstep when I arrived home today.

It took me less than 10 minutes to open the box, read the instructions, assemble the mop, fill the bucket and begin moping. I am now overlooking a 12x12 area that I mopped using the Twist and Shout and I am so pleased with the results. I'm unable to locate a single boxer hair! The mop head sweeps them up and DOES NOT redeposit them on the floor after I wring the mop and come back to continue cleaning. In addition, this mop cleans the baseboards... and my corners are spotless.

Ordinarily, I would never consider using a wet mop on my hardwood floors. I was impressed by the extraction method on this mop and as advertised, I am able to control how much water remains in the mop head. On my wood floors (which are sealed) I use a damp mop -not wet. The area dries in less than a minute after I pass over it with the mop.

Improvements Needed:
1. The wringing mechanism on the handle is easy and fairly smooth - though I did notice that if I pushed down on the handle too quickly the speed made the mop head wobble and rumble against the side of the bowl. This is remedied with slow, smooth, controlled'll get the hang of it after a while.

2. The spin bucket probably needs to rest about a half inch lower because a fine mist of water hits my bare toes when the mop head is spinning.

3. As with all mops, the handle is sized for the average height woman, so taller users like me will find themselves longing for more length. This does put some strain on my back and is my only "con" with this mop.

4. While the handle seems relatively sturdy, I would not call this "heavy duty." You will need to be careful.

5. The mop head should be larger. And, by "larger" I really mean LONGER mop fringe so more area is covered as you mop.

Overall, I am very pleased. A longer pole, built in scrubber on the mop head, and longer mop head fringes would earn Twist and Shout 5 stars. That said, this mop is easy to use. Cleans my floors. I think my search is over... for now!

UPDATE: 6/19/13 Just discovered that this is also an AWESOME DUST mop. It is so lightweight that with one hand I can simply swing it around the floor with a dry mop head to pick up dog hair and dust. My floors are sooo clean! Also used it last night to dust my wood cabinetry - I just put the handle in the shortest position, sprayed a little bona kemi on a dry mop head and dusted all of my cabinets throughout the house. Still can't give the mop 5 stars because of the short handle...but the versatility earns it another half star!
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 12, 2013
I have never been much of a mop person to be honest and have only used 3 in my lifetime, this one included. Before I started looking into mops, I had a swiffer wet jet that I used to clean my floors. I ended up getting rid of it after my son was born because I was concerned about exposure to chemicals in the solution. From that point on, if I needed to clean my floors I was on my hands and knees with a bucket of warm water and a microfiber cloth (no chemicals). I was happy to do it if it meant a healthier home but it didn't get done often. Now, I recently started cleaning another woman's home on the side & knew I needed some type of mop in order to increase efficiency. Initially, I purchased an ecloth deep clean mop which boasts microfiber pads that velcro onto the mop head. It was okay. The biggest problem I had with that mop was that I had to constantly remove the pad during mopping to remove any dirt that was stuck on. That and the fact that I could never get the water very hot because I had to put my hands in it. After the disappointing experience, I did another search and came across the Twist and Shout Mop. I just received it yesterday and was very eager to try it out. After spending less than 10mins to mop the downstairs tiled areas in my home, I was very impressed. It was very easy to assemble and use. I didn't have any problems with splashing water like a previous review mentioned and I no longer had to constantly remove a microfiber pad to clean it out and then reattached it. I felt like my efficiency increased significantly, although I won't be able to say how much until I clean the woman's home again this up coming Fri. In addition, last night was actually the first time I was happy mopping my floors. It was so quick and easy that I even went ahead and mopped the upstairs area as well, which I don't normally do!

Now of course, the review wouldn't be complete without some cons, as no item is perfect. The handle is a little on the short side. It didn't impact my cleaning too much as I am a short (5'1") individual, but I could have deffinitely benefited from a little extra length and I could see how the shorter handle would make the mop more uncomfortable for a taller person to use. Also, I do find myself a little concerned about what will happen to the inside of my washer and dryer when I finally wash the mop heads because of the hard plastic ring around them. The last issue I have with it is that the circular mop head does make it a little more difficult to get in those hard to reach places, like the sides of the toilet. These three points are the only reason I bumped off one star, as I wanted to be honest in my review. Keeping all these things in mind, I would still highly recommend this mop & won't hesitate to do so, should someone ask for my input.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 2, 2013
I cannot rave about the Twist and Shout mop and bucket system ENOUGH! I have wood laminate floors that probably shouldn't see a lot of water. After years of dipping my string mop and wringing and wringing the excess water out, this new system, the Twist and Shout is such a welcome solution. And IF mopping could be considered "fun", this would fit the bill, it truly is almost fun. It's effective too, does an excellent job of cleaning and polishing my floors. I really like CLEAN floors, don't want them to just LOOK clean.I dip the mop in scalding hot water, which my bare hands could never withstand, and then set the head in the "salad spinner basket", as i call it. I only give it two quick wrings so that there is enough dampness to clean, then redip to clean head and REALLY turn up the wringing action to end up with an almost 100% dry mop head, then go back and quickly and easily pick up the extra dampness and dirty water, thus leaving my laminate spotless and with a polished look. I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!! Would highly recommend it to absolutely everyone, don't know how I found happiness before this wonderful product, heheh, but,...SERIOUSLY, GET THIS, YOU WON'T BE SORRY!!!!
on May 27, 2015
I guess I am confused about some of the 1 star reviews because I found this mop to be terrific. First, it is not "heavy duty" metal or wood on the handle. But if it had that, I would not be able to use it. I am 68 and a female disabled vet. So if it is heavy I wouldn't have it. I think I have the "new version" and some of the reviews are for the older version so that might be what some of it is about. But, anyway ....We have a house that was built in 1988 with original ceramic tile in the foyer, hallway, kitchen and eating area. We had cleaned our grout with a substance that left a film on the tile (or at the least left the tile really dull looking). I tried washing/scrubbing the tile with Pine Sol using a squeegee type mop. (They don't make them like they used to though). the sponge of the mop left streaks and malfunctioned. So my husband got down on his hands and needs and tried washing the tile with rag and bucket. Better but didn't change the dullness of the dial too much. We decided we did not want to use a wax or polish that would make the tiles slipper. First, I have a disability and am either in a wheelchair or on double crutches. So I can't afford slippery tile. Second we have a mini dachshund and I don't want her little legs to go sliding out from under her either. So after trying a second sponge mop (Opens like a butterfly) but returned it as the butterfly effect didn't work real well but mostly it streaked too, we went for the "newest" Twist and Shout Mop. Is it perfect ..maybe, maybe not. As I said the handle doesn't seem real sturdy but I am not going to fuss about something that hasn't given me a problem yet.

I can use it from my wheelchair so that works for me. You put the water in the bucket with whatever cleaner you use. Someone said they thought the bucket was 2 parts, one for the dirty water and one for the clean water. That I think would be nice but the bucket would have to be way bigger, which would make it heavier too. So put the mop in the water side, lift up. I hold it there for a few seconds that move it over to the side with the "strainer" on it. Yes, you have to get the little tentacles into the strainer but I did not have a problem doing that. Gentle push up and down on the handle and the strainer spins (kinda like our salad spinner). You can spin it until it is as wet or as dry as you want. Then start mopping. Some folks are saying the handle bent. I just don't know how you could do that. You would have to be pushing/scrubbing so hard that I can't even picture that.
Perhaps if I had some kind of dried on material I'd soak it a bit first or use a kitchen scrubber.. maybe.... first. But I had put some food fluids on the floor and let it dry. Went over it a about 3 times and it was clean. I did not scrub hard. Another test spot where I had put food liquid (green bean liquid from the can) and some ketchup. Made sure I did not spin the mop real real dry and left it wet enough to work on the drive liquid area. Got it up without much problem.

Read where someone said it was not picking up liquids. So I poured 1/2 cup of water not he kitchen floor. Mopped it. Got the water. The made sure I spun the mop out before I put it up. But, decided that was not enough. I put 1 cup of water on the kitchen floor. Just poured it out so it would really make a puddle. Got the mop. Sopped it up. Pretty Good, but kinda missed on area. So put the mop in the spinner and put it back on the area and got it all. I cannot what another mop could do that this one can't. I love being able to spin the excess water out whether it was while cleaning with the floor cleaner or just getting the puddle of water.

If you get the mop you will see a white handle (plastic) thing about midway up the handle. Do not not put that plastic piece in the "up" position. This locks the handle so you can mop up a wall or something like that. In order to get the spinner working the handle has to go up and down and if you have it locked then it can't do that. So keep this white plastic bit in the down position while regular mopping.

Ok, to the end of the story. My tile came out really great! The shine is back (yeah.. no wax needed) and not one streak. I will repeat NOT ONE STREAK. The only thing I feel bad about was all the work that went into washing the floor (800 sq feet) by hand, then 2 times with sponge mops and having lousy results.

Read the directions too. You have to put the mop head on the mop. Put the head on the floor, put the mop disc on the top of the head and gentle step on it with both feet. (husband did that part). But it is not heard. To take the mop head off you have to step on the mop tentacles and pull up.
don't stand on the disc like when you are putting the mop head on. It was very very easy. It even has pictures of what to do.

I am not using the mop and handle as a "scrubber". If something is on that tough then I let it soak a few minutes or we would use a pot scrubber or something like that. In our case, running the mop (Ok ... it's called mopping) over the floor with a cleaner got up everything. Puppy footprints, human footprints, general "stuff" that winds up on floor) was well.. mopped up. I did have to go back and forth a few times on some marks (Hey it's called... yep you go it.. "mopping"). It is lightweight, the mop head cleaned well in the laundry (gentle cycle) air dried. It is not a baseball bat or a chisel or a shovel. It is a MOP. It does that it mops and it made my tile look great with NO STREAKS. No MESS. You do have to hold the mop head and its' tentacles correct over the spinner, but I did not have a problem with that. Just perhaps a bit of patience but the tentacles are wet, they hang down and you just have to lower into the spinner. If someone finds that difficult ok but I did not and it is soon much better than having to try an wring a mop out by hand or on your hands and knees mopping or using a stupid sponge mop. In this package you get the handle, bucket with spinner and 4 mop heads.

PS Decided to add some photos and one additional reminder. The mop is flexible so you go under things. That being said when you go to put the mop back in the water then if the handle is tilted (see my photo) then it can't do down in the water correctly. And even if you get it into the water it will be difficult to get it into the spinner. So I am showing the wrong way to put in into the water and the the right way .. straight up and down. If you put it in the water straight up and down then as you pick it up and put it over into the spinner then you will be ok. But if it is a little off you can touch the disc part of the head to straighten it out. Also showing a picture of my kitchen floor ! Love it!
review image review image review image review image
on March 3, 2013
I bought this mop because I was using another cloth mop which needed to be twist and wrung by hand every time.
I am a professional violinist, and for some strange reason, that cloth mop gave me "tennis elbow", which I could not live or work with!

I scoured Amazon for their mop selection and found this mop. It was the best decision ever.
As the saying goes though "all things come in due time", my package arrived at my house. Unfortunately, the postman told me I owed them $10 for S&H??? I told him that I all ready paid that fee through Amazon. Unfortunately, I had to refuse the item.

Luckily, I looked up the company and to my surprise, they were located practically in my backyard!
I spoke with Robin about my situation. She took care of it almost faster than blinking an eye.

Now that I have my mop, I can say this is the best mop I've ever owned!
I am the owner of a celebrity dog " Ziggy the Painting Pekingese" and some of his siblings. Needless to say, my house is slightly hair and dirt challenged.

One thing I love about this mop, is not only can you use it wet, but you can use it as a dry mop too! For me, this was a major sell!

The mop rings out extremely well and all of the parts seems sturdily made. Some mops I've owned feel like they will crack if I breathe on them.

I have had this mop for less than a month, so far so good.

The best part, is that my "tennis elbow" is going away!