Customer Discussions > Twisted Metal forum

Announcement

Twisted Metal Limited Edition Pre-order Clarification

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 32 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 5, 2012 1:17:15 PM PST
Hello,

We'd like to provide an update for customers who have pre-ordered "Twisted Metal" for the PlayStation 3. All customers who pre-order this item before its February 14, 2012 release date will be automatically upgraded to the "Twisted Metal Limited Edition" at no additional charge. The Limited Edition will include a voucher good toward the download of the PlayStation 2 classic, "Twisted Metal: Black."

This upgrade will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Please note that due to limited quantities, we can't guarantee the availability of "Twisted Metal Limited Edition" after the pre-order window has ended.

We appreciate your business and hope you enjoy the game.

- Amazon Video Game Editors

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2012 7:38:56 AM PST
BNZ says:
I've had this preordered since April, hopefully I'll get the Limited Edition.

Also, out of curiosity, does Amazon price match? Newegg has this game for a lower price ($47.99 with coupon plus free release date delivery). Amazon, you're not going to let Newegg one up you like that, are you?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2012 9:36:09 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 7, 2012 9:43:03 PM PST
C. Oliver says:
They sure do: Simply scroll to the bottom of the Twisted Metal page, look under the Feedback section, and then click the link for "tell us about a lower price."

I've checked that website though, but I don't see where people are getting this $47.99 with coupon offer. What coupon?

Posted on Jan 9, 2012 7:11:26 AM PST
H. Cortez says:
EMCNJND78 is on slickdeals or dealzone

Posted on Jan 16, 2012 4:41:08 AM PST
Lilith says:
I was like "OMG Getting this!" Til I saw the transformer bit... wtf?!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2012 9:10:40 AM PST
miloE says:
Guys...careful when you preorder more than one: look at this I got from chat support

Me:now...notice the "Limit one per customer". I preordered 4x. Does that mean me and my friends only receive only 1 voucher for Axel, and only 1 voucher for TM:Black ?
cause I would expect receiving one voucher on each disc
being i ordered 4
hello?
Kavitha:Yes.
May I place you on hold for 2 to 3 minutes while I check this for you?
Me:ok
Kavitha:Even though, you have placed 4 quantities for this Twisted Metal.
Limit is one per customer.
Are we still connected?
Me:is the voucher physical, inside the disc case, or is it digital?
Kavitha:Its a digital one.
Me:so..you are saying I should making a preorder with 1 item only, and have my friends do the same so we all get both Axel and TM:Black
right?
Kavitha:Absolutely right.

This is kind of stupid if you ask me...why not give one voucher for Axek and TMB for EACH game sold thru preorder...

Posted on Jan 16, 2012 9:01:34 PM PST
Tiny says:
MiloE...I'm sure the voucher for each TMB is a code that is on a paper inside the game packaging. The axel code though could possibly be the same. Can you really expect a CSR of Newegg to REALLY know this kind of info on a game?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2012 11:06:07 AM PST
miloE says:
Hey. I was referring to Amazon, not Newegg.

No, I dont expect that. I did tell Kavitha from support to take this higher if possible.

In any case, every single game preordered should have the bonuses, don't you think?

Posted on Jan 21, 2012 3:16:20 AM PST
Ted Riggs says:
It's $47.99 on Newegg again, with promo code EMCYTZT1088

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2012 7:43:12 AM PST
Tiny says:
ok..yeah...they should each have one. If anything, make another amazon account for each game you want to preorder and still use the same payment method. Then they have to give you the codes.

Posted on Jan 24, 2012 4:01:15 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 24, 2012 4:06:01 PM PST
C. Oliver says:
Just an FYI, one of the game designers on TM, David Jaffe, has said that despite it being called a "limited edition" it's not some special box or anything to do with pre-ordering. It's the first print of Twisted Metal, which will include a voucher for Black as well as a voucher for a Sweet Tooth esque multiplayer skin for Starhawk (as denoted here: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/01/23/twisted-metal-goes-gold-comes-with-starhawk-sweet-tooth-skin/). Meaning that while it's in limited supply (they won't print more copies later on with vouchers in them), there's still the potential to buy a new TM with the vouchers included within the first couple weeks at least.

I forget exactly where he said this, but you can check out his blog for up-to-date information on all things Twisted Metal: http://davidjaffe.biz/.

Now I'm not suggesting that if you intend on buying the game anyway and really want the voucher to not pre-order--by all means do so. I'm merely saying that as far as I'm aware, the only actual bonus exclusive to pre-ordering is Axel, and even that is limited to 30 days from launch; afterwards, it will be available to everyone. Just to keep things out in the open, regardless of how much retailers will spin things and pretend that pre-ordering is absolutely imperative.

Posted on Jan 26, 2012 12:09:52 PM PST
Vyprstryke says:
I read early access to Axel leading me to believe he's unlockable. So the pre-orders aren't stopping everyone from getting Axel, just giving him to people early lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2012 2:10:50 PM PST
If you read the little box about the pre-order bonuses I understand it as EACH game will include a physical voucher for TM: Black. However, considering the code for Axel is being emailed, I would assume only you will get that code emailed to you and it will only be good for one use so your friends wouldn't be able to use that piece of DLC. The DLC is a bonus through Amazon, that is why it is a limit of 1 per customer, while the bonus game is through the publisher/developer themselves so they will put that right inside the game case.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 30, 2012 1:26:52 PM PST
C. Oliver says:
Yes, early access as in 30 days early with a pre-order code. Afterward, he'll be available to the public--probably on PS Store.

Jaffe has said there is a game unlock for Warthog after beating the campaign on gold though (think it's a special performance rating or difficulty maybe).

Posted on Jan 30, 2012 3:21:41 PM PST
So when Axel is available to everyone 30 days post-release, he will still be free right?

Posted on Jan 30, 2012 4:01:16 PM PST
diesel says:
i think you can unlock him

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 31, 2012 5:07:24 PM PST
A. Carr says:
Or maybe you should understand what "Limit one per customer" means. Its to prevent people from buying a ton of them to limit the stock and then sell the extras for more money.

Posted on Feb 1, 2012 9:36:10 AM PST
I demand a STANDARD EDITION with $20 game credit. LOL

Posted on Feb 2, 2012 2:31:42 PM PST
M. Henzel says:
Good news, now give us the price match!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2012 12:52:37 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 11, 2012 12:53:03 PM PST
C. Oliver says:
Yes, Axel will be available to everyone after 30 days and he will be free. ESP doesn't want to charge for things that directly impact game play.

Posted on Feb 12, 2012 3:07:06 PM PST
Axel is also being offered at Gamestop too, not really exclusive to Amazon.

Posted on Feb 13, 2012 2:13:11 AM PST
Dark Tech says:
its 59.99 at newegg, the promo code didn't work.

Posted on Feb 14, 2012 5:24:57 AM PST
Manigamer says:
was there any 10$ promotion on this game ?

Posted on Feb 14, 2012 6:52:45 AM PST
No.

Posted on Feb 14, 2012 2:32:00 PM PST
TJ says:
how do u get axel i pre ordered the game
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Twisted Metal forum
Participants:  27
Total posts:  32
Initial post:  Jan 5, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Twisted Metal
Twisted Metal by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
3.8 out of 5 stars   (266)