Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Cole Swindell Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer TL256 TL256 TL256  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

Format: Paperback|Change

on July 6, 2011
First and foremost, I have to be completely honest with you guys; when I heard that she was writing another book, I was happy, but I was also thinking that she was just doing it to earn more money and the book would be crap. I was COMPLETELY wrong. I finished the book a few hours ago, and I love the huge twist that she came up with in Jamaica. It was very creepy and while you kind of get an "end" to it, I don't think we're given the whole story concerning the incident. Let's just say I have my own little theory about what really went down, and having read the rest of the series, I wouldn't be surprised if I was right in some way. Sara loves surprises.

The girls don't really have anyone to trust in this book. Hanna gets sucked into a con artists lies, Emily's friend has a creepy dad (and her summer break secret will make. your. jaw. DROP.), Aria's boyfriend has a new foreign roomie who is not as sweet as she pretends to be, and Spencer continues to stick her nose where it doesn't belong.

I promise that you will NOT be disappointed with this book. It did come off as a little slow at the beginning, but the story quickly gets better. If you thought book 8 was amazing, just wait until you read 9. 'Twisted' most definitely blows 'Wanted' right out of the water.
on July 5, 2011
Oh my friends, A is back, and badder than before. It seems that out favorite Pretty Little Liars have been really busy since we've seen them last. It seems that they went to Jamaica for a bit of R and R, just to get away from what has happened to them. The sad news is that the PLL weren't all that innocent. They think that someone from their past has follow them to Jamaica and tried to mess with their minds. Something happened, and the PLL came back from Jamaica not speaking to each other, and promise what happened in Jamaica should stay in Jamaica. But secrets have a way of coming out, especially when "A" gets involved.

Spencer: A lot has happened to her. She has to get ready for college, and comes to grips with her mom's new boyfriend, and his family. That included a stepbrother, someone she might be getting a bit to close to.

Aria: Her boyfriend, Noel has a foregin exchange student that is now living with his family. Aria is jealous of the Klaudia, when she finds out Klaudia is a knockout. Does Aria have a reason to be jealous?

Emily: She's made the decision to skip a year of swimming, and now have to pay the price and work hard to get back to where she was. She gets some help from an unlikely source, but that brings problems that she never through she's have to deal with. Also, we learn something very shocking about her past. Honestly, I didn't see this one coming.

Hanna: Poor Hanna, she's still vein as ever and wants people to like her. She is still thinking with her heart and feelings, and not her head. If she was thinking with her head, she'd have saw something coming, and now isn't sure she can deal with it. With all of this going on, her father is running for the state senate, and Hanna has to deal with her feelings about her step family. The thing is that Hanna could either help her father out, or destroy him.

All of the PLL's have a lot to deal with. The problem is that they have to deal with the problems, and with a brand new A. This A knows what happened in Jamaica, and has no plans on letting our favorite PLL's off the hook.

This book has a lot going for it. It has the usual plot twists and turns, but it offers up so much more. We get to see the psychocicical results of the past 8 books. That was an interesting theme that Shepard put in this Twisted. I also liked how we get to see that the PLL's aren't all the innocent. As the reader, we get to see a darker side of them. It was a refreshing touch.

This is the part that I loved: we get a secret message from A!! When I read hardcover books, I take of the dust jacket, just to keep it nice and neat. I was surprised that when I took off the dust jacket, there was a message from A!! I won't say what it is, but when you buy it, take the cover off, and read the message, it's a doozy!

I can't say enough good things about Twisted. If you're read the other books, then you know what to expect. Buckle up and enjoy the ride!

The next book called, Ruthless, comes out December 6th, and I know I'll be at the bookstore bright and early to get my copy.

A rules!!
1414 comments|19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 8, 2011
I was so excited when I found out that Sara Shepard was adding 4 more books to the Pretty Little Liar series! I read the first 8 books within about 2 weeks! I couldn't put them down! If you loved the other books, you will love this one too! It's my favorite! I didn't think the books could get any better! I was wrong! There are so many new twists and turns! Lots of secrets that you would never expect! The book picks up about a year later. The girls went to Jamaica to try to put the past behind them and start fresh. Little did they know that trouble would be waiting for them there. Something horrible happens and they are left with another huge secret to take to the grave! Sara Shepard has such a fluidity to her writing and you will love how she reveals little bits and pieces from what happened in Jamaica instead of it all spilling out at once! The juicy secrets are revealed as the girls have flashbacks of what happened that dreadful evening in paradise! When they return from their trip, they aren't talking to eachother because seeing eachother is a constant reminder of what happened. Throughout the book they are all dealing with more secrets. Emily is trying to get a swim scholarship and gets tangled in quite a mess with her new friend's dad. She also has a major secret from summer. Spencer's mom is seeing a new man and Spencer has her eyes on his son! Even though they will be stepsiblings, it doesn't stop Spencer from crossing some lines. Hanna's dad is running for U.S. Senate and she gets discovered by a photographer. She finds herself being blackmailed and must take drastic measures to get out of trouble. Aria is still with Noel Kahn. When his family takes in a foreign exchange student, tensions rise. Will the new foreign exchange student come between Aria and Noel? Wait til you see what Aria does to make sure that doesn't happen! I would definitely recommend this book! I will probably read it again because there is so much packed into the book. I can't wait to read Ruthless!
on October 8, 2011
Okay, I can't exactly say I'm not enthralled the Pretty Little Liars series was expanded, but at the same time, I can't say I'm all that thrilled about it, either. This go-round of the Pretty Little Liars series is a lot different than the first eight books -- I can't exactly figure out why, but it seems really different. Like all the other Pretty Little Liars books, the ending is extremely thrilling and not exactly satisfying, and like all the other Pretty Little Liars books, the characters haven't exactly grown.

Spencer is still her straight-A, not-exactly-mature self who gets into trouble with guys and with school. Aria still gets torn up with jealousy in her romances, and seemingly hasn't learned anything. Hanna is still kind of a bitch -- except this time with naughty pictures. Emily is the one character, in my opinion, who's done some growth -- she faces real problems, and she shows a lot of compassion toward others. She's by far my favorite of the Liars.

I actually got kind or bored about halfway through, which is why it took so long for me to read the book -- three days (which is a LONG time for me). It wasn't as gripping as the other installments in the series have been in the past, but for some reason I squeal any time I think about A and my heart pounds hard when I think about how the next book, Ruthless, is out in a short two months.

I think the quality of the drama in the later books is increased, and Twisted is no exception at all. My favorite plotline in this book is Hanna's -- it's not exactly relatable (my dad isn't involved heavily in politics like Hanna's is), but it's very engrossing and I hated every time the chapter ended and I had to go through three more perspectives before I could get back to it. Even though Hanna is acting like she is on top of the world, her plotline was the most interesting.

Honestly, I can't freaking wait until the rest of the Pretty Little Liars books are out and I'll be able to read them. I'm going to hold my breath until then.
on March 3, 2015
Oh. My. Gosh!

When I first started reading this one, it was a little slow. I thought that the magic was gone, and I would have to find a new series to read. NOT.

What happens in Jamaica, stays in Jamaica...right? No. No it doesn't... A is out there, and A knows all. NO SPOILERS here, but... there are some new faces that come around here, and not all can be trusted (of course). The girls have new secrets that will come out, new friends (they think), and lots going on. A is back and meaner than ever, and they aren't any closer to figuring out who's after them. Definitely a great read, I can't wait for Book 10 to get to my house so I can see what the girls are into next!!!
on July 8, 2011
I was excited when I learned there was another book in the series, but at the same time disappointed because now I have to wait months to read the next book in the series. Shepard really did a great job with this book and I read it in a few hours because it was so entertaining and I had to know what was going to happen. I believe it will be a really long wait for me to read the next book because this book leaves so many unanswered questions (as usual).

The book starts off by the girls not being friends, but you have to read the entire book to find out why they are no longer freinds. While the plot is interesting it is pretty easy to figure it out. I knew what was going to happen before I was half way through the book, but I still wanted to see if I was right which kept me reading. The only thing I do not like is that some of the stuff in the book is a little far fetched. But then again that's why we read books. I guess until December I will just have to watch the TV series to keep me entertain and get my PLL fix!
on November 8, 2015
This is the ninth book to the Pretty Little Liars series. This book explains what had happened on their trip to Jamaica.They meet a girl named Tabitha who looks identical to Ali which makes the girls suspect that she is her. Tabitha lures the girls onto a cliff of the hotel they are staying at. Tabitha tries to push Hanna off, but Aria pushes her off first. When they go to the bottom of the cliff they notice her body isn't there anymore. Emily had a baby in the summer. ISAAC'S BABY. Aria is jealous of the new exchange student Klaudia who is staying at Noel's house. They are friends at first, but Aria sees Klaudia texts saying that she is trying to steal Noel from Aria. When they go on a skiing trip, Klaudia threatens Aria and tries to push her off the ski lift but aria pushes her back and she falls. Noel is mad at Aria for pushing her. Hanna's father is running for Senate and Hanna stars in his commercial. A photographer comes to Hanna wanting to take pictures of her, but his intentions are scandalous. The Photographer wants 10,000$ to not expose the photos to hurt her dad's campaign, so she steals the money from her father's safe. Spencer's mom has a fiancee, Spencer, and Mr. Pennythistle's son sleep in the same bed, but the father doesn't believe nothing happened until Spencer exposes Zach's secret that he is gay to get him to stop punching him. Tabitha's body is found
on August 5, 2015
So I've been a big fan of the PLL novels and show. I love how they are two separate things so I can read the book while watching the series and not get confused. But this book, I don't know, it was good, don't get me wrong, but I just don't know how I'm going to feel about this next arc.
on September 18, 2011
This is the 9th book in the Pretty Little Liars series. If you have not read this series before I recommend you start from the beginning, otherwise you will just get lost. You would think by now the story would get old and maybe even predictable, but no. I was surprised at just how much I enjoyed it. I had thought that the 8th book was the last one and that the story was finished and I was okay with that because I felt that it was ending on a good note. Now that I have read Twisted I am so glad that the author decided to write more. At this rate I don't think i will ever get tired of this series.

Although there was quite a bit of death in the previous books this one somehow feels a bit darker and I think it has to do with the girl's secrets this time around. Not all the secrets they are keeping are revealed yet but the ones that are will shock you. Honestly, by now you would think they would realize that keeping secrets is like cancer. The lies and paranoia cause them to spiral out of control. Obviously, they have not learned their lesson the first time around.

Aria was my favorite to read about in this book. The situation with the exchange student staying with her boyfriend's family is laced with juicy drama. Hannah endangers her father's campaign when some not so tasteful photos of her are taken. I felt how she handled things was pretty extreme. Spencer makes me want to roll my eyes. It always seems to be guys with her, and this time it is her future step-brother. Okay, so technically they aren't actually related but still it is a stretch. When will she learn (or for that matter when will any of them)? Emily is the hardest one to read about because she always comes across as pathetic and needy. Her dilemma is pretty serious though and it is only compounded by her personality. Maybe she comes off as pathetic because she feels so guilty.

In addition to their individual dramas there is a secret even bigger that they all share. Totally unexpected with lots of twists and turns. The storyline will keep you in a lot of suspense and wanting more. I'm sure that there will be more crazy plot twists in the books to come and I am anxious to find out how the girls handle things not to mention learn more about their secrets.

I received a copy of this book for review. Any opinions expressed are my own.
on February 13, 2012
I've loved the Pretty Little Liars series by Sara Shepard since November 15, 2011, when I read the first book. Ever since then, I've found this series very addicting and hard to put down. And this series was originally suppose to be eight books. I was expecting a story that was just continuing on and on, but this book was absolutely incredible, as every Sara Shepard book is.

This book was very fast-paced and wonderful.

First, the characters. As always, I expect the same from each character. I expect Hanna to be a preppy jerk, Spencer to be also preppy, but not so much of a jerk, Aria to just be kind of nice, but can snap on anyone, and Emily to be the sweet and innocent one. Sara Shepard does a great job giving these characters teen qualities that, in fact, do actually seem realistic.

Next, the writing style and pacing. As always, Sara Shepard is a skilled writer and knows how to pace her books well. Her writing style is beyond belief because she makes me think I'm in Rosewood with our characters, right beside them as they go through everything that they are going through. It's hard for a writer to make me feel that way.

Then, we have A. A is so despicable and wicked and cruel, but I hate to love him/her and love to hate him/her. Sara Shepard delivers one of the best villains of all time. The way that A has all this information on all these girls and uses it against them to blackmail them just always makes me excited when A comes up during parts in the book!

Finally, the novel itself. Twisted did deliver everything I was hoping it would and more. I highly recommend you go check out this series!