5.0 out of 5 stars Great Twitter Help, August 14, 2009
Tom (Topeka, KS, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Twitter for Business: Twitter for Friends: The Little Twitter Book You Should Not Tweet Without (Paperback)
I actually bought this book from Mark when he came and spoke at a business meeting that I was at(he's a great speaker). I am a big fan of FaceBook and had signed up for Twitter many months ago but for the life of me couldn't see what the "hype" about Twitter was all about. I just couldn't figure out how you could find out anything from using Twitter! I've now been on Twitter for about two weeks now and am having a blast connecting to people with common interests (portrait photography).

There are two ways to read the book. The way I did it first was to read the book to figure out to get started using Twitter. Then a second time more thoroughly to learn the fine points. The book makes even more sense after you've had some initial experience with Twitter.

I have been surprised that by using Twitter I am finding out about things that are going on in my town I never knew about before they happened. It always seemed as though I would find out about stuff on the 10 O'clock news that I would have liked to have done. Twitter is now a big help!

I recommend this book to anyone that finds themselves saying "What is Twitter" or "Why do I want to know about Twitter" it will definitely educate you as to what you are missing out on. It's a quick to the point read that is very helpful for those that are in business and need to be "in the know".

5.0 out of 5 stars A pleasant suprise!, August 14, 2009
I could say that I have read lots of books on technology and social networking. The truth is I could never make it through a book without my eyes glazing over from boredom. As a middle aged computer dinosaur I would even get a little irritated when I heard such things as [...]and Twitter. To make a long story short I decided I should find out what Twitter was all about so that my kids would quit making fun of me. I was expecting a throw away book about a subject of no interest to me, but I was pleasantly shocked. Mark Murnahan is an engaging author that you could imagine having a beer with on the back porch. I found the book very informative and enjoyable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Twitter for Business, November 2, 2009
Richard C. Reed (Pierce City, MO USA) - See all my reviews
Mark's book "Twitter for Business: Twitter for Friends" is very insightful. There are a lot of resources available to tell people how to use Twitter, but I think this book goes beyond that. This book tells you WHY you might want to use Twitter, for personal and/or business purposes. The book is an easy read, and I can say from experience that it's much like sitting down and having a personal conversation with Mark himself. Check it out.

5.0 out of 5 stars To the point..., August 18, 2009
D. Burns (Sioux City, IA) - See all my reviews
A practical and insightful guide to navigating the waters of social networking. The author introduces key concepts and strategies, communicating in a straightforward and concise style, remarkably free from pretense. If you're looking to harness the power of Twitter without committing yourself to overly wordy textbooks, then this is the book for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get off of Twitter and read this book!, September 17, 2009
MissBeckala (Smithtown, NY United States) - See all my reviews
Mark's no-nonsense tell it like it is approach to tweeting comes through in his first book. Whether you are just starting out on Twitter or are a person who has more than 10,000 followers, like me, you will find it valuable. There are great tips, links and loads of information that will guide you through the crazy world of tweeting!

Mark was one of my first friends on Twitter. I had learned so much from him just from his tweets about using Social Media to build your brand, which I now use everyday, between building my personal brand but also the brands of my clients.

Now, after reading his book, I feel this gives me even more of an edge in this business! This book is A MUST READ for any Twitter user, whether you use it for personal or business, or like me, both.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great book for both beginners and advanced Twitter Users, August 4, 2009
I just finished reading this book and unlike other books that I have read, Mark has a no-nonsense no fluff book. He offers his experience and step by step actions to use Twitter effectively. He provides real life experiences and common sense approach to harnessing and understanding the power behind twitter. It's more than just following celebrities.

I highly recommend this book, not just because Mark is a great guy, but more importantly because he has written an awesome book.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE Handbook for new-to-Twitter employees..., November 2, 2009
I've been using this publication since it was released. As a training tool for my employees, it accomplishes all of my needs. I suggest it without hesitation to others in the marketing field and often carry it with me to conferences & events. I have a number of other books espousing the hows & whys of Twitter, but Mr. Murnahan's book hits the nail spot on. Additionally, his clever delivery and ability to relate his own learning experience make reading it a pleasure...not just another Twitter chore~!

We Tweet @EurekaJanet & @EurekaJess

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent handbook on twitter, October 29, 2009
This book contains invaluable information if you tweet. It is an excellent resource and even has a nice "cheat sheet" in the back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Resource for Twitter, August 11, 2009
I just finished this book, and though I already thought I was a twitter power user, now I know so much more about all the facets of twitter.
Mark explains in plain language how to do everything from setting up a twitter account, and sending your first tweet to using twitter to engage future and current customers for your business.

If you are a twitter beginner, this book is a gold mine of information that will save you time in getting set up and going. If you are an experienced user, Mark can help you to understand every part of the twitter experience and how to make twitter work for pleasure and business.

5.0 out of 5 stars I never knew!, August 8, 2009
Ivy (Indiana USA) - See all my reviews
I never knew Twitter could be so entertaining and helpful at the same time! "Twitter for Business: Twitter for Friends" really opened my eyes up to several aspects of Twitter that I had no idea existed. It made me feel more confident that I could learn to tweet, and I could learn to engage others and form relationships and friendships that will be invaluable to me.

Mark Aaron Murnahan presents Twitter in a way anyone can understand. Not only does he cover the basics, he also covers businesses looking to increase their relationships with current or potential clients. In today's economy it pays to stay on top of what is happening in the world, what people are saying about your business (either good or bad!) and what it is that you can do to strengthen any relationship you wish to nurture and grow.

"Twitter for Business: Twitter for Friends" can help you get the most out of your Twitter experience. If you've never tweeted before, if you've tweeted a lot but haven't had the results you are hoping for, if you want to learn how to build relationships and make your Twitter experience the best it can be...this book is the one for you!

Mr. Murnahan's style of writing is casual and conversational. You feel like he is right there explaining Twitter to you. His helpful links, his personal stories, his failures and triumphs, are all out there for you to read and learn from.

Most of all, Mr. Murnahan's sincerity shines through this book. He truly wants to help you learn and grow with Twitter.

$12.95 $10.98
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.