4.0 out of 5 stars Twitter for Dummies
I read 3 books on Twitter in 3 weeks ... This wasn't the most detailed of the 3 I read but it was a good overview -- I liked the humor and straightforward writing style of the authors
Published on February 19, 2011 by Steven J Weber

3.0 out of 5 stars My review of "Twitter for Dummies"
Published on February 3, 2012 by wendy Walker

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars My review of "Twitter for Dummies", February 3, 2012
This review is from: Twitter For Dummies (Paperback)
This book could benefit from a better index. For example, the main reasons I bought it were to learn how to send tweets and retweet. The former was not listed at all and the directions for the latter are difficult to execute on my computer. At 68, I'm not technically savy and consequently need clear, simple and specific instructions with diagrams which reflect those on my computer. Unfortunately, yours do not which means that I'm still unable to complete those tasks.
I'm beginning to learn how to send the same tweet to my followers, but have not yet found out how to do several other tasks and am hoping your book will help in those areas. Several people have made requests to follow me yet when I have pressed "accept" their names have not appeared on my list of followers. Finally, I'm working on my lists now and do not yet know whether your book has been helpful enough in that area.
I hope that this frank critique is useful.
Sincerely,
W. Walker

2.0 out of 5 stars Outdated Twitter Book, May 29, 2013
This review is from: Twitter For Dummies (Paperback)
While the information in the book was once applicable, it is outdated and does not apply to the updates andnscreen changes that twitter has made. it was difficult to try to match the book info to Twitter page info.

2.0 out of 5 stars Horribly disappionting, September 5, 2012
This review is from: Twitter For Dummies (Paperback)
This book would be a lot more helpful, if half of the resources mentioned in the book existed on the Internet. Unfortunately I experienced an exercise in frustration when I tried to connect to resources mentioned in the book that didn't exist. As far as I'm concerned, the book should be read through a straw.

2.0 out of 5 stars Waste of Money, July 2, 2013
This review is from: Twitter For Dummies (Paperback)
There is nothing in this book that I could not find via Google for free. A complete waste of money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Twitter for Dummies, February 19, 2011

2.0 out of 5 stars Much hype, little info, July 25, 2013
This review is from: Twitter For Dummies (Paperback)
Perhaps there is not much to say about Twitter to fill a book. 90% of this book tells one how easy Twitter is to use but how to actually use it is more or less hidden in the remainder. Dummies reading this will either be bored with the rhetoric or left none the wiser.

1.0 out of 5 stars Twitter for dummies, June 29, 2013
This review is from: Twitter For Dummies (Paperback)
It is cluttered and hate reading the book. A book should be concise and clear. I do not want to read a monotonous story book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for Beginners and Pros, August 28, 2012
This review is from: Twitter For Dummies (Paperback)
I'll admit it, I'm a sucker for the "for Dummies" series of books. I must have purchased and read over 15 different books on topics ranging from golf to SQL. They not only give you a great overview of a topic, but they offer enough information to make them useful resources long after you have read them. So when I decided to jump into the Twitterverse I knew I would start with Twitter For Dummies.

Twitter for Dummies follows the usual conventions used in the "for Dummies" series including icons that point out helpful information, highlights of useful facts and emphasis on any and all areas that need special note. What makes the series in general and this book in particular helpful is the breadth of material covered will both surely satisfy the Twitter beginner and give Twitter pros useful and effective ideas to heighten their Twitter experience.

Particularly helpful for me was the Part of Tens section near the back of the book that highlights ten twitter tools, ten useful Twitter-based services and ten cool ways to use Twitter. The glossary is also key in defining some Twitter lingo that the casual user may not understand. Also, throughout the book are interesting links and resources that will make the Twitter experience that much more fun and enjoyable for the beginner, be they private individuals or someone looking to introduce their company or business to Twitter.

Like all the "for Dummies" books I have read I highly recommend this book for those looking to make the plunge into the exciting world of Twitter.

1.0 out of 5 stars Outdated, November 21, 2013
This review is from: Twitter For Dummies (Paperback)
It is outdated......confusing...and not very helpful for iPad or cell phone users.....for so-called dummies, it should guide them along in a much more friendly, detailed way.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great introduction for the struggling, April 7, 2012
Here's a great book - easy to read and understand that clearly explains the what why where when and how to use Twitter: what more could you want?

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Twitter For Dummies
Twitter For Dummies by Laura Fitton (Paperback - August 2, 2010)
$21.99 $14.11