5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Early RobertGoulet, August 15, 2004
This review is from: Two of Us & Begin to Love (Audio CD)
I was lucky to have both "Two of Us" and "Begin To Love" on vinyl, and I readily admit that the latter was played much more than former. "Two of Us is a nice surprize", as this was Mr Goulet's second album. He really works the lyrics well and it is obvious that the arranger, Glenn Osser, worked the same kind of magic with Robert that he did with Johnny Mathis ('Heavenly' and "Ballads of Broadway" are considered two of Johnny's finest, and Mr Osser arranged and conducted both of those recordings). Robert was working his butt off on this album and the recognition was to come that year (1962)when he won the Grammy for best new recording artist. "Two of Us" proves the award was justified. Now "Begin to Love" made 3 years later and was Mr. Goulet's follow up album to "My Love Forgive Me" (his most successful album)."Begin To Love" is a true concept album and has Robert at a very high point of his recording career. This album has a much different feel and vintage Goulet with a big sound, great song collection and arrangements by the reliable Sid Ramin (arranged Robert's third and true break out album "Sincerely Yours"). If your are a fan of Mr Goulet's this cd is an absolute must have. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars "As Time Goes By"..., May 3, 2003
This review is from: Two of Us & Begin to Love (Audio CD)
Robert Goulet's Voice Is Timeless!!! This Great Cd Brings Together Two Of His Best Albums. "TWO OF US" Features Great Versions Of "Goodbye", "Little White Lies" & "I Wish You Love" All Beautifully Sung & Arranged. "BEGIN TO LOVE" Offers Robert's Terrific Version Of "Real Live Girl", "As Time Goes By" & "Smile"... But The REAL Winners On This Cd Are Mr. Goulet's Versions Of "In The Still Of The Night" Which Takes On A Classical Feel To Wonderous Results, Also "Today" Is A Magical Performance!!! I Can't Wait For The Rest Of Robert Goulet's Catalog To Be Released!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Goulet: Simply the Best, June 12, 2011
This review is from: Two of Us & Begin to Love (Audio CD)
What do I say but simply the best Baritone! I have played and played the cd over and over again and have put me to sleep. That is how beautiful his voice is. A cure for insomniacs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy, July 4, 2014
This review is from: Two of Us & Begin to Love (Audio CD)
So happy that I could find these recordings. I had these albums when they first came out years ago and I still find that I love to listen to them.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you love the voice of Robert Goulet, you will not be disappointed with this CD., January 29, 2014
This review is from: Two of Us & Begin to Love (Audio CD)
This is a wonderful collection of the the most popular recorded songs of Robert Goulet. I have admired the voice of Robert Goulet since the 1960's and I still do!

5.0 out of 5 stars Two of Us & Begin to Love, August 29, 2013
This review is from: Two of Us & Begin to Love (Audio CD)
This CD, by Robert Goulet, is really a great example of his gift of song. He sings with more than his voice, he sings with his heart too. These are really good listening, no matter the occasion. I am so glad there are 2 of his albums on the single CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Two of US& Begin to Love is a great CD but..., June 25, 2013
This review is from: Two of Us & Begin to Love (Audio CD)
I love this CD.... though.... I can't play it on any type of CD Payer, I can play it on my computer which is not really what I wanted to do with it. Is it because it is made in the UK? If anyone has an answer for this I'd appreciate it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good selection, March 7, 2013
This review is from: Two of Us & Begin to Love (Audio CD)
Robert Goulet is a favourite of mine. Beautiful voice, good arrangements and great songs A good addition to my CD library

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite, December 12, 2012
This review is from: Two of Us & Begin to Love (Audio CD)
Robert Goulet will always be my favorite singer. None can replace him in my book. He puts so much feeling into his songs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Encore, Encore, February 27, 2012
This review is from: Two of Us & Begin to Love (Audio CD)
Ok, this is the third of three Robert Goulets CDs of which i purshased all @ the same time. So this, of corse, is my third review for Mr. Goulet and i don't wish to keep sounding redundant on the same note, But, i do have to cheer this compellation on too. Because they are two very good albums for ole Bob as well. Of which, as i alway tell you i do, have them both on Vinyl & Reel to Reel.
And now, finally on disc. But it still doesn't complete my Goulet Library, I will still be looking for, and will hopefuly find on CD, Robert Goulet's WITHOUT YOU and Robert Goulet's I REMEMBER YOU, albums on CDs. And so the hunt goes on.
Well i can't wait till i can review them both, because th@ would meen th@ i would have finally found them. Thanx, and Happy reading and best of all, Happy Listening.

Michael B. VA

Two of Us & Begin to Love
Two of Us & Begin to Love by Robert Goulet (Audio CD - 2003)
Rate and Discover Movies