5.0 out of 5 stars I feel in love with the book,I couldn't put it down.
Published on July 10, 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars Would probably buy from them again
I got the book relatively quickly. The book was a little more worn than I had expected. Overall a good experience. Should have been listed as "good" condition rather than "very good". That's just my opinion.
Published 4 months ago by Laura Dacus

5.0 out of 5 stars I feel in love with the book,I couldn't put it down., July 10, 1999
By A Customer
I would tell anyone who would like to read "Two from Galilee" they would be reading a very close to real life version of what may have taken place concerning the life of Mary and Joseph. Of course it is not taken word for word from the Bible, but the author knew the customs and the way of life for the Jewish people and went from there. It is truly a wonderful love story about Mary and Joseph and how they may have coped with there unexpected news of Mary being chosen to bear the Son of God. I truly loved the book, in fact I just recently read it again for the second time. I usually read a book one time and put it away, this little book was just as moving the second time around(I read it the first time right after it was published, and just reread it again)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Love Story Ever Told, December 7, 1998
By A Customer
When a friend recommended this book to me, I didn't really know what to expect. After I started reading "Two From Galilee," I absolutely fell in love with the book. Marjorie Holmes did an excellent job in portraying the characters in this novel. I could relate to Mary and Joseph and until reading this novel, I to failed to realize that they too were capable of feeling "human" emotions. I loved everything about the novel and am so looking forward to reading the next one, "Three From Galilee."

5.0 out of 5 stars A fictional 're-creation' of the love story of Mary & Joseph, May 1, 1998
By A Customer
Using vivid word portraits, the author blends scripture, tradition, and creative imagination into a fictional re-creation of the courtship of Mary and Joseph. This is the foundational piece of the trilogy... which continues with "Three From Galilee" and concludes with "The Messiah".

5.0 out of 5 stars Our Lord's birth alive and new for me, April 14, 2001
"gingirl15" (North Carolina) - See all my reviews
This book amazed me at how captivated I was with the story. It begins with the innocent love of Mary and Joseph, and for the first time it really struck me how much love they had for God and for each other. The book progressed into her pregnancy and from then on I couldn't put it down until the little Savior was born. The emotions she described were down-to-earth ones and I realized the reality as I read. Excellent piece of work!

5.0 out of 5 stars An inspired work!, December 3, 2002
Deena Finney (Marion, In USA) - See all my reviews
My first introduction to this book was as it was being read on a Christian radio program about 20 years ago. I was captivated and had to read it for myself! That year, Christmas came alive as never before. Marjorie Holmes had to have been inspired and anointed of God to produce this magnificent work. It has been perhaps my all-time favorite novel for all these many years since and I can only recommend it most highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, gets me in the Christmas spirit year after year, November 12, 2003
By A Customer
I take the time to read this book every December to slow down and take the time to remember what Christmas is truly about.

4.0 out of 5 stars Shed a new light..., November 14, 2004
My mom suggested I read this book after she found it at a church library book sale. She said she had read it when she was around my age (17) and loved it. I was skeptical but read it having nothing else to read. I was hooked by the first chapter! I've always viewed Mary and Joseph in a non-human way I guess...not that I believe they're deities or super-natural or anyway more "important" then everyone else...but I didn't think of them going through the same struggles of passion and desire and going through the wonders of falling in love, not have any idea of what was to happen. It spoke to me about true love and purity and holiness in a way I didn't expect. Definitely a great alternative to the romance novels we see today.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful love story, October 5, 2005
While of course this is a work of fiction and should not be taken as Gospel, it challenges the reader to see a side of Mary and Joseph beyond the Christmas images so often portrayed in nativity scenes. I think it is refreshing to see such a human, down to earth potrayal of the boy and girl who would become the mother and foster father of Jesus Christ.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very inspirational, November 7, 2011
This book was written from the perspective of Mary and Joseph, and it gives the reader a look into the customs and challenges they likely faced. I would recommend this book to people of all ages, it is an easy read, and well written.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Series, January 17, 2005
D. Durham (Commerce, GA) - See all my reviews
Loved the book and loved the series. The Sunday School class read the books together. We all loved them.

Two from Galilee
Two from Galilee by Marjorie Holmes (Hardcover - Nov. 1996)
Used & New from: $0.01