Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on October 4, 2011
Honestly, I was super excited when i saw the price and even more so when I received them so quickly. However after the un-boxing, i quickly became disappointed. These controllers are badly made and play even worse. The buttons do not respond, the B button actually has to be pushed down instead of simply "pressing" it. The joysticks feel heavy and do not move easily causing for some gameplay mishaps.

Very disappointing.

AVOID THIS PRODUCT.
22 comments|133 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 17, 2011
We bought these for the Wii to play N64/Gamecube games through virtual console. BAD idea. Cheap price, right? Well cheap product, too. Feels like a controller you'd buy at the dollar store. Buttons stick and the joystick is horrible...the point of a joystick is more freedom of movement and degrees of speed (walk or run depending on how far you push the stick). This controller has no walk capabilities. Also, it does not allow 360 degrees of X/Y plane movement. There are actually only 8 directions it can go: N, NW, W, S...etc. This made games like Zelda not enjoyable since you want to be able to move around in a free plane and at controlled speeds. With these controllers, Link zigzags at max speed all over the place. we had to go buy the more expensive ones by Nintendo...and those work great. DON'T buy this. Spend a few extra bucks for the real deal.
0Comment|83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 21, 2010
First off where to begin, this product is absoutely fake. Its NOT a gamecube controller its a fake Chinese knock off. The Z button was broken when i got it, it clearly doesn't say ANYTHING about being a knock off, like it should and it doesn't even at least say its a 3rd party. They (and by they i mean the sick company that made them) are smart enough to never say Nintendo on the packaging or even the controllers themselves. They work (like crap anyway) but they have a lot of flaws.

A. Broken buttons

B. It feels like cheap plastic and smooth like the orignal ones.

C. The Joystick is extremely sensitive.

D. The L and R buttons don't click, they are hard to push down and stick.

E. The X and Y where non responsive in rapid secession

F. The controllers are NOT real nintendo made gamecube controllers.

If just one of the 2 controllers i got had a broken Z button, how long until they both brake? Don't be cheap people, these controllers are made from cheap parts and will probably break very, very soon after you open them.

If it looks to good to be true people, it is. Shop smart.
44 comments|132 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 21, 2013
Part of this is my fault - I didn't realize they weren't Nintendo licensed controllers at the time and I should've known better.

One of these stopped working within hours of being out of the packaging. The second lasted about a week and a half. Now they both make the game think someone is moving the joystick to the bottom right when it's actually in a resting position.

Cheap - Terrible product.

**DO NOT BUY**
on November 13, 2015
These are awful, the first broke in 2 weeks the next broke a couple weeks after that. Specifically the joysticks. Avoid these terrible controllers like the plague.
review image
on May 7, 2014
I only got one controller and they did not even fix the problem. Waste of my money... The controller i did get does work.
on December 23, 2015
Definitely a case of "you get what you pay for"! So very disappointed. One controller simply did not work -- in any of the 4 slots -- we tried them all. The other one worked except for the button on the front upper right that you press to change your characters in Mario Kart Double Dash from front to back position. So whoever uses this controller is now handicapped from that feature. Unfortunately by the time I actually went to use them (last night), I had long since thrown away the packaging so not sure if they even can be returned. I will not order from this company again. I will buy the real deal. First time that I've ever had an issue with ANYTHING that I've ordered from Amazon.
on November 23, 2015
If you're expecting something that's EXACTLY as the real, official Nintendo GameCube Controller; then this isn't for you. BUT, if you're expecting something that's similar and works, then this is exactly what you want. When I first purchased and received this product, one of the controllers vibrated when I played games such as Super Smash Bros. and Mario Karts but the other one didn't. So when I requested an exchange and got the new ones, the same thing happened again: one worked but the other didn't vibrate. If you're someone that likes to feel the vibration when you play a game(such as myself), what I did was pick out of the four remotes the two that actually worked correctly and returned back the ones that didn't. Hopefully this isn't the case for every single pair, but I got my problem resolved quick and easy.
on December 31, 2014
Yes these are knock offs but they are so worth the money. I just bought them so I have no clue about longevity but for the price they are perfect. Work pretty well, you do have to push the buttons a little harder but what do you expect for such a cheap product. Would purchase again.
on February 16, 2015
These contollers are only used ocassionally, but I believe they are worth the price I paid (around $13 for two). Outside their weight, they feel authentic... maybe slightly lighter. My only complaint so far is the sensitivity of the main control stick. Playing Mario Sunshine, with authentic GC controllers, I can get Mario to "walk" with slight forward pressure on the contol stick. With these controllers, it IS possible to get Mario to walk, but more often than not, he takes off like the Six Million Dollar Man on steroids. Also, same sensitivity problem with steering Mario. This makes it very difficult to RUN over narrow objects. I MUST walk.... and even so, Mario leaps to his death more than I'm willing to admit... So, these controllers are good, but they add a fear factor. You must be careful and this is always in your mind while playing. If you try to play brainlessly, like you can with authentic controllers, you'll go batty.