5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious. Why doesn't America have it yet?? :-)
For once, Australia actually has something first. We have this first season on DVD and I love it. It is such a funny funny show and I was so surprised that Charlie Sheen is as funny in this as he is. Charlie's brother Alan comes to stay with him (and brings along his son) when he gets a divorce.

You all know how funny this is and you don't need another...
Published on May 27, 2006 by Little Miss Cutey

3.0 out of 5 stars 2 and a half men first season
very funny but I waited to long to buy this one because its on tv everynight now. For someone that is a collector I would say yeah go ,ahead and get it. But for me it was repeat of every day shows..The bloopers were funner then some of the regular shows. I guess its only my opinion because I have seen them so mant times the shows a embeded in mind...
Published 10 months ago by robert

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious. Why doesn't America have it yet?? :-), May 27, 2006
Little Miss Cutey (Melbourne, Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Two and a Half Men: Season 1 (DVD)

You all know how funny this is and you don't need another reminder, so I'll just give you the run down of what's on these four discs.

1. PILOT - Deal Him In. Charlie's poker night with the boys includes a genuine boy - 10 year old Jake.

2. BIG FLAPPY BASTARDS. Talk about gull-ible. Seagulls invade the house when Jake won't stop feeding the feathered freeloaders.

3. GO EAST ON SUNSET UNTIL YOU REACH THE GATES OF HELL. Tequila shots and a philosophical cabbie lead Charlie and Alan to a confrontation with their mother.

4. IF I CAN'T WRITE MY CHOCOLATE SONG I'M GOING TO TAKE A NAP. The most important woman in Charlie's life - his cleaning lady - walks out.

5. LAST THING YOU WANT IS TO WIND UP WITH A HUMP. Charlie and Alan discover a great place to score: Jake's soccer games, home of single soccer moms.

6. DID YOU CHECK WITH THE CAPTAIN OF THE FLYING MONKEYS? A new dad for Charlie and Alan? Evelyn flips for a beau ... until he drops her like a bag of cement.

7. IF THEY DO GO EITHER WAY, THEY'RE USUALLY FAKE. Jake spies a tattoo on a pretty girl's half-bare bottom, then draws the naked truth for a school assignment.

8. TWENTY-FIVE LITTLE PRE-PUDERS WITHOUT A SNOOT-FUL. Fourth grade - the musical. Charlie 'volunteers' to writea salute to the Industrial Revolution for Jake's class.

9. PHASE ONE, COMPLETE. What's wrong with Miss Right? Everyone thinks Charlie's girlfriend is The One - everyone except Charlie.

10. MERRY THANKSGIVING. Charlie tries to showcase his domestic talents when he hosts a lavish Thanksgiving dinner.

11. ALAN HARPER. FRONTIER CHIROPRACTOR. Makeover magic. Charlie's the man with the plan when Alan decides to jump-start his life with a new look.

12. CAMEL FILTERS + PHEROMONES. A minor problem. Berta's Lolita-like teenage granddaughter creates chaos in the Harper household.

13. SARA LIKE PUNY ALAN. On their last double date, Charlie got the incredible cheerleader and Alan got the incredible Hulk. Does Alan dare try again?

14. I CAN'T AFFORD HYENAS. When Charlie hits a financial pothole, he has to (gasp! shudder!) cut back on expenses.

15. ROUND ONE TO THE HOT CRAZY CHICK. Batter up! The guys bring home Frankie, a gorgeous woman with a baseball bat ... and anger insues.

16. THAT WAS SALIVA, ALAN. Two and a half men - plus one and a half women. Frankie brings her eight-year-old daughter to stay.

17. ATE THE HAMBURGES, WEARING THE HATS. In his will, Alan names a guardian for Jake ... and it isn't Charlie.

18. AN OLD FLAME WITH A NEW WICK. (My personal favourite) My, how you've changed. Charlie's old girlfriend wants to be friends. And now she's a he.

19. I REMEMBER THE COATROOM, I JUST DON'T REMEMBER YOU. Twisted sister. Judith's seductive sister once had a fling with Charlie but now she's cuddling up to Alan.

20. HEY, I CAN PEE OUTSIDE IN THE DARK. Jake gets a guitar and an attitude. He just can't seem to lose the blues.

21. NO SNIFFING, NO WOWING. Alan's divorce attorney is a major hottie but Charlie discovers she's too hot to handle.

22. MY DOCTOR HAS A COW PUPPET. Well at least it's exercise. Alan resumes his childhood sleepwalking habit.

23. JUST LIKE BUFFALO. Shhhhhhhhhhhh! Jake repeats Charlie's sexist comment in front of Judith's man-averse support group.

24. CAN YOU FEEL MY FINGER? After a girlfriend has a pregnancy scare, Charlie decides a little snip-snip will prevent any future worries.

This is such a funny show and I know you're gonna love it. I highly recommend this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars A SITCOM THAT DREW CONSISTENT LAUGHS, May 27, 2007
This review is from: Two and a Half Men: Season 1 (DVD)
Most of my friends who have seen this show wouldn't think twice before they concurred: it's flat out hilarious. I had my reservations about Charlie Sheen in a role not unlike his cameo at the tail-end of Spin City--a suave yuppie and a consummate Lothario--but he is the delight of this party! Few can fit so snugly in the role of a relaxed, affluent young retiree lounging in his Malibu seafront apartment when he's not effortlessly schmoozing with the opposite gender. He's at his wry sharpest.

There's excellent chemistry between him and Jon Cryer, who plays his uptight, righteous elder brother. As they tackle mature subjects such as frivolous relationships and artificial insemination and pretty much everything that surrounds this nature of things, the brother's smart-mouthed son is kept ever so cleverly in the dark. These parallel tracks of young and old humor lend the show some sparkling dimensions. The little boy, Angus Jones, is a natural. Some of us may have seen him at the Emmy Awards last year. An outspoken housekeeper, a domineering mother, and a cutting curmudgeon of an ex-wife round out an ensemble cast; any episode featuring Holland Taylor's portrayal of a prim and proper modern-day mom of the two brothers in her crisp Chanel skirts and bright red lipstick can almost guarantee a laugh-riot.

The true hallmark of a successful sitcom is the degree to which you end up warming up to its characters. Amidst its spate of one-liners, 2&1/2 Men does a fairly decent job of making viewers relate to its characters. None of these archetypal characters is new, but each is idiosyncratic without being wildly over-the-top. There are even some touching episodes such as the one when Charlie's favorite neighborhood girl sets off to a distant destination, leaving his supposedly wooden heart all aflutter.

If the recent drought of funny shows on TV is any indication, sitcoms are no cakewalk. There have only been a handful of the truly funny ones that did not run out of steam in their later days and kudos to the scriptwriters for making 2&1/2 Men belong plushly in that elite league! I must say I am not pleased with the damage that this 'introductory price' may wreak on your wallet, but that's a minor quibble for a DVD you know you're going to be watching more than once.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Timing, May 31, 2006
Zazen (Cleveland Ohio) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Two and a Half Men: Season 1 (DVD)
This show is a not to be missed program. I have loved it since it's first show. The entire cast make a great ensemble, working off of one another in great comedic timing. I have checked after every season to see if they will begin selling the DVD, I am sorry they have not yet made the series for public sale. I hope when they do, they put all of the current seasons on DVD and sell all of them in a boxed set. My vote would be a resounding yes for getting the DVD's out to the public. Thank You.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why isn't it in the USA yet?, June 10, 2006
J.J.K. (Portland, OR) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Two and a Half Men: Season 1 (DVD)
Why wouldn't you release the best and highest rated sitcom currently on tv to dvd. It's in its prime. That makes no sense to me

Anyway, this is the best sitcom on tv right now. Charlie Sheen is funnier than I thought he could be. He was good on Spin City, but not this good. What I like about this show is that the kid isn't annoying. They don't write jokes for him that are cute. They give him stuff that is funny. And Berta maybe be the funniest character on tv right now. Evelyn comes in a close two

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the Two and a Half Men, January 9, 2007
This review is from: Two and a Half Men: Season 1 (DVD)
This show is just way too much, WOW, we really enjoy seeing how they work the title into the conversation, BERTA is outstanding, we laugh so much we cry, CHARLIE is just outta sight great, ALAN plays a dimbo/nerd/square effortlessly, but we are thankful you dropped his bimbo second wife, and the kid JAKE is coming along just fine, ROSE is spacey/intelligent, but sweet, the MOTHER is just terrific as always, whatever she is starring in, she is too much. We look forward to Monday nights, the reruns are as good as watching it the first time, I have satellite and watch the early east feed and the late west feed, usually record it and watch it at lunch the next day with friends, it is the conversation topic for Tuesday, USA please get us the DVDs soon, we want our "Two and a Half Men" in our DVD library. Can't tell you how many people we have turned on to this show, but it is quite a few.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious and endearing, October 25, 2007
This review is from: Two and a Half Men: Season 1 (DVD)
Not having gotten into this show until 2006, I was pretty excited by the chance to purchase Season 1 on DVD. I wasn't disappointed!

The premise of the show centers around two very different brothers -- laidback, vice-filled jingle-writer Charlie (Charlie Sheen) and neurotic chiropractor Alan (Jon Cryer) -- who are forced to share Charlie's posh Malibu home after Alan's divorce. Along for the ride are Jake, Alan's young son, and Berta, Charlie's wise-cracking and crass housekeeper.

Particularly memorable episodes include "An Old Flame with a New Wick," where Charlie learns an old girlfriend has become a man; and "Big Flappy Bastards," where the guys try to get rid of a houseful of seagulls Jake accidentally let in.

Although many of the storylines quickly become familiar -- Charlie's careless one-night stands, Alan's money woes and battles with ex-wife Judith, both brothers' uncomfortable relationship with their less-than-maternal mother Evelyn -- they never turn stale. Perhaps it's because just as in life, we all have a number of ever-present situations, so it's to be expected that the Harpers also battle the same demons on a regular basis. But it could also be that the wit and grace with which "Two and Half Men" tackle every problem is very human, and guaranteed to bring viewers near their hearts -- flawed though they might be.

Those who enjoy DVD sets for the extras shouldn't be disappointed, as this set includes several -- a behind-the-scenes chat with cast and crew; a backstage tour with Angus T. Jones, who plays Jake; and bloopers.

Five stars for a show whose writing and acting is consistently fresh, never failing to provide its audience with new laughs.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's about time!, May 28, 2007
This review is from: Two and a Half Men: Season 1 (DVD)
Finally this show is on DVD. I thought it would never happen! Keep them coming! Kudo's to Charlie and Company, I don't think there has ever been a funnier show made. May we have many, many years until it's "Two and a half Old Men"! John, Arlington TX.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great show, May 26, 2006
Sachin Walia (Sunnyvale, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Two and a Half Men: Season 1 (DVD)
I bought this dvd from hongkong and really liked it. the show is great, entertaining however i don't understand why the studio is not releasing the dvds in the US. one more thing i dont understand is why they release the tv show dvds first in hongkong and asia rather than in the US (Joey was released one year back in HK). ultimately what happens is people in US pay high amount to get these movies shipped from HK/China by purchasing through ebay.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply amazing!! I've NEVER loved Charlie Sheen this way., January 1, 2008
This review is from: Two and a Half Men: Season 1 (DVD)
It's funny, witty, a bit sexist sometimes because it's primarily from 2 middle-aged mens' point of views. I love Charlie's charismatic yet nonchalant approach to life and how much he gets off picking on his younger, less-experienced-in-sex brother.

His brother is cool too. They're both laidback, yet his bro is by far the smarter of the two. He's divorced and overly-content with his standings. However, his wife not allowing him to move on bothers him.

All in all, 2 thumbs up!

4.5 stars.

Overall: A

5.0 out of 5 stars Best on TV, April 12, 2010
This review is from: Two and a Half Men: Season 1 (DVD)
"Two and a Half Men: The Complete First Season"; is the best sitcom on TV today. It is full of humor and great acting. I purchased all six season on a Friday sale (thank you Amazon). I hope to get season seven when it is out.

This is a true ensemble cast. It has many guest charters to add to the humor. I highly recommend these DVD's.

Two and a Half Men: Season 1
Two and a Half Men: Season 1 by Charlie Sheen (DVD - 2007)
$44.98 $14.99