Top positive review
93 people found this helpful
Hilarious. Why doesn't America have it yet?? :-)
on May 27, 2006
For once, Australia actually has something first. We have this first season on DVD and I love it. It is such a funny funny show and I was so surprised that Charlie Sheen is as funny in this as he is. Charlie's brother Alan comes to stay with him (and brings along his son) when he gets a divorce.
You all know how funny this is and you don't need another reminder, so I'll just give you the run down of what's on these four discs.
1. PILOT - Deal Him In. Charlie's poker night with the boys includes a genuine boy - 10 year old Jake.
2. BIG FLAPPY BASTARDS. Talk about gull-ible. Seagulls invade the house when Jake won't stop feeding the feathered freeloaders.
3. GO EAST ON SUNSET UNTIL YOU REACH THE GATES OF HELL. Tequila shots and a philosophical cabbie lead Charlie and Alan to a confrontation with their mother.
4. IF I CAN'T WRITE MY CHOCOLATE SONG I'M GOING TO TAKE A NAP. The most important woman in Charlie's life - his cleaning lady - walks out.
5. LAST THING YOU WANT IS TO WIND UP WITH A HUMP. Charlie and Alan discover a great place to score: Jake's soccer games, home of single soccer moms.
6. DID YOU CHECK WITH THE CAPTAIN OF THE FLYING MONKEYS? A new dad for Charlie and Alan? Evelyn flips for a beau ... until he drops her like a bag of cement.
7. IF THEY DO GO EITHER WAY, THEY'RE USUALLY FAKE. Jake spies a tattoo on a pretty girl's half-bare bottom, then draws the naked truth for a school assignment.
8. TWENTY-FIVE LITTLE PRE-PUDERS WITHOUT A SNOOT-FUL. Fourth grade - the musical. Charlie 'volunteers' to writea salute to the Industrial Revolution for Jake's class.
9. PHASE ONE, COMPLETE. What's wrong with Miss Right? Everyone thinks Charlie's girlfriend is The One - everyone except Charlie.
10. MERRY THANKSGIVING. Charlie tries to showcase his domestic talents when he hosts a lavish Thanksgiving dinner.
11. ALAN HARPER. FRONTIER CHIROPRACTOR. Makeover magic. Charlie's the man with the plan when Alan decides to jump-start his life with a new look.
12. CAMEL FILTERS + PHEROMONES. A minor problem. Berta's Lolita-like teenage granddaughter creates chaos in the Harper household.
13. SARA LIKE PUNY ALAN. On their last double date, Charlie got the incredible cheerleader and Alan got the incredible Hulk. Does Alan dare try again?
14. I CAN'T AFFORD HYENAS. When Charlie hits a financial pothole, he has to (gasp! shudder!) cut back on expenses.
15. ROUND ONE TO THE HOT CRAZY CHICK. Batter up! The guys bring home Frankie, a gorgeous woman with a baseball bat ... and anger insues.
16. THAT WAS SALIVA, ALAN. Two and a half men - plus one and a half women. Frankie brings her eight-year-old daughter to stay.
17. ATE THE HAMBURGES, WEARING THE HATS. In his will, Alan names a guardian for Jake ... and it isn't Charlie.
18. AN OLD FLAME WITH A NEW WICK. (My personal favourite) My, how you've changed. Charlie's old girlfriend wants to be friends. And now she's a he.
19. I REMEMBER THE COATROOM, I JUST DON'T REMEMBER YOU. Twisted sister. Judith's seductive sister once had a fling with Charlie but now she's cuddling up to Alan.
20. HEY, I CAN PEE OUTSIDE IN THE DARK. Jake gets a guitar and an attitude. He just can't seem to lose the blues.
21. NO SNIFFING, NO WOWING. Alan's divorce attorney is a major hottie but Charlie discovers she's too hot to handle.
22. MY DOCTOR HAS A COW PUPPET. Well at least it's exercise. Alan resumes his childhood sleepwalking habit.
23. JUST LIKE BUFFALO. Shhhhhhhhhhhh! Jake repeats Charlie's sexist comment in front of Judith's man-averse support group.
24. CAN YOU FEEL MY FINGER? After a girlfriend has a pregnancy scare, Charlie decides a little snip-snip will prevent any future worries.
This is such a funny show and I know you're gonna love it. I highly recommend this one.