Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

Format: HardcoverChange

on September 15, 2009
My 2.5 year olds love these four stories. They are a little long to read all the way through in one sitting at this age. I skip some parts and shorten others in order to get through faster. But my kids love these four stories about Jimmy and Janet, 4 year old twins. They are wonderfully written and so true to twin-life. I did not know this until I bought the book, but author Beverly Cleary had boy/girl twins herself and I guess that's why she "nailed" it so well. I'm sure we will enjoy these stories for years to come.

P.S. The book has some pictures/illustrations but is mostly text -- it's not a picture book. The pictures do help my toddlers understand what's going on as I can point to the appropriate thing as I tell the story.
on March 29, 2009
My third graders enjoyed reading this book. They identified with the twins adventures and the dymanics of a sibling the same age.
on January 5, 2016
Having loved the Ramona books, I had high expectations for this and was very disappointed. The stories were repetitive, simplistic, and boring. I feel like they were on the level of a beginning reader, not enjoyable for read-aloud...but what 6-7 year old beginning reader wants to read simple, relatively pointless stories about four-year-olds?
on March 3, 2015
My 3 year old loves this book. I've read it to her twice already and she's asking to hear it again. She is able to relate to the characters and asks appropriate questions. It's a great introduction to chapter books and has just the right number of little pictures.
on December 17, 2014
Book for Granddaughter and she loved it has read them over and over!
on July 25, 2015
Cute stories to read to kids or for an early reader.
on September 2, 2015
My four year old grandson loves this book