4.0 out of 5 stars "Two Worlds II" PS3 Review
Prior to buying Two Worlds II, I read every professional review I could find, watched all the available gameplay videos, and searched several forums to get a feel for how the average gamer felt. In short, the overwhelming consensus is that if you're starved for an open-world sword-n-sorcery role playing game and can forgive a good deal of inherent flaws, then Two Worlds...
Published on March 15, 2011 by Leif Sheppard

3.0 out of 5 stars Inomplete (formerly titled "We're loving it")
UPDATE:

Sadly, my review (see below) has to be downgraded down from the initial 5 stars (I love it) to a neutral 3 star (meaning "It's Okay").

Everything I wrote below is still valid but, as I kept playing, it became increasingly clear that 2W2 was rushed to market before it was finished:

- About half of the land mass is out of reach. You...
Published on February 6, 2011 by A. Dent

‹ Previous | 15 6 710 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a fan of RPGs..., August 24, 2013
This review is from: Two Worlds 2 - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
To be honest...this game isn't what I would call horrible. But it did take me 3 low cost purchases (D.D, Dark Souls, and this) to realize...I HATE console RPGs, this gives you freedom yes, plenty of quests yes...but one thing that annoys me is the map randomly closes off sections for specific points in the story. Now don't get me wrong..RPG fans will probably love this game..but I am not one to spend hours on a half assed..restricted game. 3/5 (ALRIGHT)

4.0 out of 5 stars One of a Kind, August 11, 2013
Matthew (New York, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Two Worlds 2 - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
This game has set a level that no other gaming company has yet. Even before oblivion or elder scrolls came out this game had made its shine, yes the first one is not as good, but the years off to develop this game really you can tell every minute down the the last second you play the game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unexpectedly great game :):), July 3, 2013
Marion (Florida, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Two Worlds 2 - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
I was not sure what to think of this game at the time of ordering but was running out of RPG's to play. This game exceeded my expectations. Awesome side quests, great weapons, great concept. Very large world to explore with lots of exciting things happening inside and outside of towns.
I highly recommend this game, anyone will have fun playing this for many, many hrs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great game with some big flaws, July 2, 2013
This review is from: Two Worlds 2 - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
First I should start by saying this only applies to the console version. I have read that the PC version is without all of these issues have with the game. I will start with the bad, and then get to the good.

The first, the audio skips during cut-scenes and the music skips during game-play. This is very distracting for an RPG and could keep some from getting pulled into the world.

The second, the frame rate is horrible at times. I really would have preferred some clouding on objects that are far away to boost the frame rate. They left the graphics pumped up like it would be on PC and the frame rate suffers. You can literally see a tower that is in-game miles away and take your boat and sail for 15 minutes in the direction of the tower until you get there, seeing it in the distance the whole time. This is cool but not on consoles that don't have the power for that.

OK, with that out of the way I want to say that other than these technical issues I really LOVED this game.

It's a massive open world RPG that you can somewhat explore at your own pace. Probably 75% of the dungeons actually only open when triggered by a quest though. But there are plenty of enemy camps to liberate and loot for their treasure! The lock picking mini-game, by the way, is more fun than the elder scrolls counter part as it actually takes some skill. In fact in order to open some of the later locks you will have to upgrade your lock picking skill with skill points.

The quests range from downright UN-inspired to excellent. The most noteworthy quests are found in the pirates of the flying fortress expansion though. You actually have to invade a mans mind and live out various sequences of his subconscious. But the main game has great quests too with some pretty big plot twists, especially at the end.

One thing that shines as well is the upgrade system. You can actually break down all of your gear to its basic components (IE. wood, steel, iron, etc.) and upgrade something else with it. So this makes ALL junk worth something to you as you always want to shore up your armor. You can also craft skill crystals to upgrade your gear. These are all skills you can upgrade with skill points. So how much you can do depends on how skilled you are.

Much like the upgrade system you can also make your own spells and potions. The spell system is very in depth. You use cards like magic the gathering or something and each card has an effect. You can upgrade the skill to allow more spell cards. So you can for instance take a fire card, add a time card to extend the damage time, add a spray card to make the spell spray multiple enemies, and throw in some damage multipliers in there for fun! I spent hours just messing with this. Google crazy spells in two worlds 2 to see what craziness you can some up with.

Potions are very much the same. You can add various herbs and things from the world with various effects. I liked to make water walking potions and invisibility as they were the most effective.

Overall I would say if you play this on PS3 or 360 just know there are technical problems you have to look past. That being said it is still enjoyable and if this is your only option just play through the first 4 hours or so and I bet you will be hooked.

5.0 out of 5 stars Two Worlds 2, December 18, 2012
This review is from: Two Worlds 2 - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
I got this as a gift for my brother-in-law. It turns out that he already has it, so I have to return it. Over all it came just as it said!

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't get the hate about this game and really don't care for it either, January 15, 2012
This review is from: Two Worlds 2 - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
The game looks,sounds, and plays good. The story is interesting and it keeps you moving along going from zone to zone. The dialogue and side quest can be pretty funny and entertaining. The innovative part about the game is it's fighting system. You have to think in combat and actually use strategy when fighting such as blocking and countering attacks, healing et.c etc. No more just hit a single button and keep moving. Other fun parts of the game are the bow system which I enjoyed sniping enemies down, riding a horse around, and changing my armor and weapons as I play along. The story as I said is interesting but it teeter totters as you do a lot of side missions and side stories that make you forget about the main story.

Now the nitpickers aspects of the game. If you're a nitpicker and you can't purchase and play a game that isn't given a 10/10 by whatever media outlet than this game IS NOT for you at all! This game is not polished, it's choppy at times, it has glitches, dialogue gets cuts, the screens motion blur can be nauseating blah blah blah but you know what, people that enjoy the game don't care about that it's what makes the game seem more fun to them because they see the diamond in the rough.

There's actually developer codes you can enter to adjust some of those annoying things and they can be found online. Just knowing about them is like a reward for people that are willing to stick the game out and enjoy what it offers.

I actually like this game a lot as a matter of fact I own 2 copies of it. Of course I come from the Nintendo 8 bit era of gaming. Top level graphics and polished nonsense isn't my priority...FUN game play is.

2.0 out of 5 stars Difficult, November 4, 2011
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Two Worlds 2 - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
I found this game very difficult to use,because of very hard magical spells to use,and right combinations to execute these moves.

3.0 out of 5 stars It has been difficult for me to get into this game even though i really want to (updated), July 16, 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Two Worlds 2 - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
I bought this as a release day purchase and was pretty excited to get it as an tweener until Skyrim comes out. The game really looks great, and the graphics are good quality (although not great). As many have mentioned, the voice acting s pretty bad. My primary issue with this game however is the "spin". What i mean is this: when you try to turn your character, the whole game starts spinning out of control. It is very dizzying and disorienting. There is no way that i can find to slow down the controller action, and so anytime you want to look around, you have to deal with this. Although i will give playing this game another chance, it basically rendered it unplayable when i first tried. That aside, when you can actually have a moment to enjoy the game, it seems pretty col. Just one horribly impactful glitch. I give this two stars, but i suspect if i could get past that deficiency, it would end up as a four star game for me, or at least 3 1/2.

ed: I left everything up from my initial review, but I wanted to update this as they seemed to have fixed the issue with the uncontrollable spin when you look around. Now, I've actually been able to play a bit and am enjoying i so far. I cant say it wows me, but I did upgrade my ranking on this to three stars to reflect the changes. I will update this further as I continue along with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Meh, July 9, 2011
This review is from: Two Worlds 2 - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
Well, there is some load issues and the dialog can be choppy at times, but love the expansive world and the story is awesome!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly Epic and so Beautiful!, January 27, 2011
This review is from: Two Worlds 2 - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
I ordered Two Worlds II almost a year ago. I just had a good feeling about it and I was right! it's so beautifully rendered the graphics are among the best I have seen in a ps3 RPG.
the gameplay is fun (though enemies can be really stupid which I don't mind at all) you can swim, sail, ride a horse and of course be ANY class you wish! the customization is so deep as is the crafting. I have spent hours just tweaking spells and weapons I think I could just do this for 100+ hours. I've been playing non stop since it's release and am completely addicted!!!!
many people are comparing this to oblivion, the world is bigger I'd wager, I think it's better and harder which I prefer.
the online modes are amazing and fun. I've read of glitches but I
have experienced none. the voice acting is by and far NOT the worst I ever heard. it's actually not bad at all (when compared to the severely wooden acting of SOME other games I will NOT name..) if you liked oblivion and
thought to yourself "I want More" this could be the perfect fix until Elder Scrolls V.
the graphics are really amazing with some of the best lighting effects I have seen in any RPG on PS3.
the controlls take getting used to but you can assign hotkeys and this speeds things up very well. also I loved the fact that no armor/weapon you loved (early on in the game) is useless,
you may disassemble any weapons and armor for the base components
to make your new weapons/armor far more powerful (though the sell price doesn't change) I'd easily recommend this RPG to ALL Major RPG fans!
the game is simply a blast online or offline.
your single player character cannot be used in multiplayer *sniffle*
though I can cope with having several characters. I especally LOVE they put Necromancy in this to summon your own virtual army much like diablo II's Necromancer and that's just awesome!
the game is deeper then the ocean! I've never seen the ability to craft on this level since Ultima Online and this is even Deeper!!!
the enemies are excellent and well varied, the backdrops are beautiful, amazing graphics and wonderful sound. what more could one want? buy it now (or rent if you're not sure) it's easily worth it.
and I am only about 45 hours into it so far!!!!!
if I had to hazard a guess I bet (like oblivion) you could easily milk 400+ hours out of this between Online 8 Player and Offline!
ONLINE GAME MODES:
Deathmatch (4 on 4 kill or be killed.
Duel (have NOT played this mode yet)
Adventure (a co-op 8 player adventure)
Village mode (cost 10,000 auras to begin playing)
Crystal Capture (similar to a CTF in a FPS but collecting crystals)
a little advice about playing Online, if you're just starting out try adventure mode to do some leveling for if you enter deathmatch via using Quick Join you will Die Fast so do some adventuring first and save needless deaths! it really is a blast to play online so don't overlook it!

Graphics: Amazing! 5 stars
Voice acting: on par 3.5 stars
Gameplay: simple to learn difficult to master 4 stars
Sound: the ambient sounds are incredible (turn the music off and see)
5 stars!!
FUN you can assasinate, steal, pickpocket, summon armies, fight hand to hand, use dual wield, one and two handed weapons, archery, cast amazing spells and so much more!! (and you can craft them and decide all effects of the spell) I can't praise this game enough it's beautiful and even the rising/setting sun is an excellent touch.

my only gripe: horses need some patching to be easier to control
otherwise this minor flaw (along with the Voice Acting) does NOT mar this masterpiece!!!!!!!

PS3 version review.
buy it here:
Two Worlds 2

my hats off to southpeak for creating a true gem!

Overall: this is a MUST OWN RPG for the casual and Hardcore alike
easily the best RPG so far this year 5 stars!

‹ Previous | 15 6 710 | Next ›

Two Worlds 2 - Playstation 3
Two Worlds 2 - Playstation 3 by South Peak Interactive (PlayStation 3)
$19.99 $8.95