Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on May 23, 2011
These solar Owl's are so cute! I first came across this in a hospital gift shop. They had one, head bobbing back and forth, on a shelf in the gift shop (gift shop wanted $29). But I was just there buying a card at the time for a friend. The next day when again visiting the friend, I made sure to stop off at the gift shop to pick this up (for myself). They were gone, sold out. Then I thought to search online and sure enough, Amazon had them. And for MUCH MUCH less than the gift shop as well as free "PRIME MEMBER" shipping. Well I just love this little guy. The head reacts to room light. More so, window outside light. In a room, the head seems to absorb light and store the energy up to a point where it is enough to trigger the owl head to start bobbing. Then the head stops. Then suddenly its bobbing again. This is in low room light. Pretty neat. And in high lighting situations, the head bobs and bobs at a fast rate. A lot of fun to watch and a cute eye catcher. Put this inside your glass display case, and everyone will notice and ask "WOW..WHERE CAN I GET ONE LIKE THAT".
No batteries (naturally). Just totally FREE fun for everyone!.
PS. People might want to check out the solar "dancing flowers" also (same theory - solar powered).
I just get a big kick put of these solar powered cute cute cute gadgets!!!!!
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED (while you can still find them)
on February 9, 2012
I received this little guy for my birthday from a friend and I took it to work...in such a stressful place this little man totally makes me smile. I could just watch all day!! I'm looking for more solar powered items just like him now!
on December 1, 2015
It works great but as with all these solar powered devices that need to be placed on or near a window, the solar cell is on the front side and depending on sun location, the device itself blocks the sun from the cell. The device then slows down and sometimes stops. I can't understand why they don't put the cell in the back which would then be facing the sunlight.
on January 22, 2013
I can't really complain...this item does exactly what it's suppsoed to do and I received it as quickly as I have all other Prime items. My less-than-thrilled reaction is more about personal preferance rather than an actual problem with it. The simple fact is that in strong sunlight the movement increases in speed (which could be good for some) and it starts making a noticable ticking sound. Unfortunately for me (and my office mate) the ticking was too loud for us to ignore so I had to put it in a drawer. If you aren't easily distracted by near constant, rhythmic sounds then you should get this.
on August 14, 2012
I actually have one of these that is a flower. It is really quite neat. When I saw the Owl, I knew I had to buy it as a gift for an Owl lover. The Sunny Outlook Solar Powered Head Turning Owl is exactly what I was expecting, and works fabulously! When the solar panel gets a little light, the owl's head starts to move side-to-side. It is as simple as that and works exactly like that.

There really isn't much to review or say about this product. The description of the product says it all, and the product is pretty self-explanatory. It is exactly what it says it is! Definitely a cute little gadget for a desk, or bedroom.
on October 7, 2013
I purchased this a gift for a friend that loves owls. The little head moves back and forth in the sun and it is just adorable. My friend decided to keep it in its box, but it is still pretty cute in there...guess it keeps the dust away ;o) I would purchase this again...probably one of the better "moving head" desk toys I've seen.
on July 4, 2014
Gave it a 4 out of 5 because the head stopped turning after only a few weeks of having it. A friend got me another but it did the same thing. Doesn't bother me too much because it is still super cute.
on March 26, 2013
I bought this as a *gag* stocking stuffer for my wife at Christmas. Thought it would be a fun thing to play with for a couple of weeks or so....but it's now the end of March and this thing is still working great!! Everyone that walks into the kitchen asks how it works--love it!!
on July 6, 2013
My oldest granddaughter's room is decorated in owls. I bought this because I know she enjoys my pendulum clock and this is a little more animated than just a back and forth swing. A litle expensive, but I was so adorable I couldn't resist!
on August 25, 2012
This is cute, relatively well made for a plastic thing, and exactly what is pictured. I haven't given it to the 5 yr old I bought it for yet, but I think he will enjoy it. It moves back and forth in the sun, and sometimes without it. As advertised, thanks.