5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny !!!!!!
Published on May 23, 2011 by Randy M

3.0 out of 5 stars It is what it is...
Published 17 months ago by Vernon D Lintermuth

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny !!!!!!, May 23, 2011
Randy M "rdm" (Des Moines, IA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Two's Company Sunny Outlook Solar Powered Head Turning Owl in Gift Box (Kitchen)
These solar Owl's are so cute! I first came across this in a hospital gift shop. They had one, head bobbing back and forth, on a shelf in the gift shop (gift shop wanted $29). But I was just there buying a card at the time for a friend. The next day when again visiting the friend, I made sure to stop off at the gift shop to pick this up (for myself). They were gone, sold out. Then I thought to search online and sure enough, Amazon had them. And for MUCH MUCH less than the gift shop as well as free "PRIME MEMBER" shipping. Well I just love this little guy. The head reacts to room light. More so, window outside light. In a room, the head seems to absorb light and store the energy up to a point where it is enough to trigger the owl head to start bobbing. Then the head stops. Then suddenly its bobbing again. This is in low room light. Pretty neat. And in high lighting situations, the head bobs and bobs at a fast rate. A lot of fun to watch and a cute eye catcher. Put this inside your glass display case, and everyone will notice and ask "WOW..WHERE CAN I GET ONE LIKE THAT".
No batteries (naturally). Just totally FREE fun for everyone!.
PS. People might want to check out the solar "dancing flowers" also (same theory - solar powered).
I just get a big kick put of these solar powered cute cute cute gadgets!!!!!
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED (while you can still find them)

5.0 out of 5 stars Full of Joy!!, February 9, 2012
I received this little guy for my birthday from a friend and I took it to work...in such a stressful place this little man totally makes me smile. I could just watch all day!! I'm looking for more solar powered items just like him now!

3.0 out of 5 stars It is what it is..., January 22, 2013
I can't really complain...this item does exactly what it's suppsoed to do and I received it as quickly as I have all other Prime items. My less-than-thrilled reaction is more about personal preferance rather than an actual problem with it. The simple fact is that in strong sunlight the movement increases in speed (which could be good for some) and it starts making a noticable ticking sound. Unfortunately for me (and my office mate) the ticking was too loud for us to ignore so I had to put it in a drawer. If you aren't easily distracted by near constant, rhythmic sounds then you should get this.

5.0 out of 5 stars owl-tastic, January 3, 2012
I love this little guy, i bought him for my desk at work. he doesnt take up much space or make much noise, but he's a pessimistic little guy, forever shaking his head back and forth telling me "no". im not sure if he is supposed to do anything else, but he is cute the way he is.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it even after it stopped working!, July 4, 2014
Gave it a 4 out of 5 because the head stopped turning after only a few weeks of having it. A friend got me another but it did the same thing. Doesn't bother me too much because it is still super cute.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this little owlie, October 7, 2013
Anonymous (San Francisco Bay Area, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
I purchased this a gift for a friend that loves owls. The little head moves back and forth in the sun and it is just adorable. My friend decided to keep it in its box, but it is still pretty cute in there...guess it keeps the dust away ;o) I would purchase this again...probably one of the better "moving head" desk toys I've seen.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Gift for a Grandaughter!, July 6, 2013
My oldest granddaughter's room is decorated in owls. I bought this because I know she enjoys my pendulum clock and this is a little more animated than just a back and forth swing. A litle expensive, but I was so adorable I couldn't resist!

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing solar owl, June 10, 2013
This owl is a great variety of the bobble-head. It is solar
Powered and rhythmically turns its head to keep you smiling and amused

4.0 out of 5 stars Very cute but noisy, May 31, 2013
This item is extremely cute and makes for a nice addition to my office. The window it is sitting in has strong morning sun so it tends to "clack" when it makes a full turn, so it very much sounds like a clock. The sound doesn't bother me but the noise may be something to take note of if you want something silent.

5.0 out of 5 stars "No, no, no", March 28, 2013
I am in love with owls, so when I saw this at Pier1, for more than Amazon is selling it (Ugh), I couldn't resist. I wanted to add some whimsy to our car, so I mounted this little owl on our Prius dashboard with velcro. My son loves it, and calls it the "No no," for his is perpetually shaking his head "no." The only time the sound of the head is noticeable is when I am in the car with no other noise, which in my case is rare.

Bottom line- awesome owl, awesome price. However, if mounting to a dashboard, make sure it's as level as possible otherwise the motion is not as consistent (I used 4 small velcros)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›