Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Tyco R/C TMH FlexPak Rechargeable Battery with Charger by Mattel
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on September 11, 2002
I have 2 kids and together they have about 8 various vehicles that take the flexpack "flash charge" battery. My kids LOVE their Speed Wrenches and their Jack Knife(s). The Motocross Bikes are awesome too. Anyway, I was told by the company about 1.5 years ago that they were going to sell the batteries seperately. Well, to my knowledge, they never have. I would love to be able to buy the battery separately. I cannot afford to but the charger every time I purchase a battery. I am very disappointed about this "handcuffing" of me the consumer. They have the monopoly on the flexpack and are using it to force you to buy the charger since the bateries are not sold separately. I was told that they would be about 9.99 alone. I would buy about 8 more for extras. What ever happened to customer service? Please start selling the batteries seperately.
0Comment| 110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 30, 2004
I will never buy a Tyco product again. I went to the store to buy my 8-yr old a remote control toy. We chose the Tyco Terrain Twister and only realized once we got home that it required a specialized battery pack that was NOT included with the $60.00 toy. The battery pack is $30.00!!! While they disclosed on the front of the box that it required a regular 9 volt battery and the TMH battery pack, it was not prominently displayed and the TMH battery was especially made to look like it was included in the box. Most parents accepted the fact a long time ago that batteries are not included with toys, but have always thought that it was limited to one of the various regular sizes. I have no doubt Tyco, by their deceitful merchandising techniques, encourages that misunderstanding. I called the manager of the store and she apologized profusely for the misunderstanding and told me that she's received a lot of complaints about this very subject. She offered to take the car back and encouraged me to buy another brand that was a little more expensive, but included everything. Naturally, since we had already purchased the car, I was not about to tell my child that he couldn't have because the manufacturer was deceptive. Congratulations Tyco! You got me! But I can assure you that I will never buy another Tyco toy again.
11 comment| 111 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2004
I am known as the "Queen of Internet-Search" in my little corner of the world. To "Hancuffed Consumer" who complanined about not being able to buy extra TMH Flexpak Battery Packs without also buying an additional charger please see website [...] to Amy B. Delaune who complained about Tyco not having a replacement for the transmitter her son lost, take a look at that site as well since many replacement transmitters are listed. I agree that in todays toy market we have to be more savy consumers than in the past. The toys I buy for my grandson are way more complicated and expensive then were available for my own kids 30 years ago, never mind the ones that were available for me as a kid. So let's all pay lots of attention in this endeavor. And have fun!!!!
33 comments| 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 15, 2002
The Air rebound is great! but its pretty sad when you have to pay almost as much for the battery as for the damn toy ! This is a sham to get people to buy the toy for ($) and then have to turn around a buy the battery for ($) ........
on December 19, 2004
I ordered two terrain twisters for my parents to give my two boys for Christmas. When I ordered them, your website suggested that I also buy the 9.6 v batteries and chargers. I naturally assumed that these were the correct batteries for the toys and I bought them. Wrong! My children received their gifts from their grandparents yesterday and we charged the batteries last nights. When we tried to use the terrain twisters this morning we all discovered that we actually need a flexpak battery. This is disgraceful. Why would your website suggest buying an expensive battery for a toy that it does not even fit? Now we have to locate and buy the correct batteries at an additional expense. Shame on you.
on April 10, 2004
The rating listed for this battery pack is misleading (...), I am actually reviewing the battery pack - not the toy. (...) it clearly states on the front of the box that the battery pack is required for operation, as is the case with many r/c toys. This battery pack is great - no more running out of batteries, just recharge. Lots of playtime for a single recharge too ! And, it only takes a few recharges to pay for itself many times over !!
on December 28, 2004
It took us two days to figure out that "batteries not included" meant you had to buy the flexpak separately. Auntie bought the Terrain twister for our 7 year old son and on Christmas morning we thought we had a mis-packaged toy. Instead we had one disappointed child who will not be able to play with his toy during Christmas break. We live miles from any store and will have to rely on internet/mail order to get the flexpak. 5 stars for the nasty lesson.
on December 23, 2003
I just purchased the Tyco RC Vertigo for my son for Christmas. The price for the vehicle is excellent, however the fact that the battery pack is not included with car is a ripoff. Charging $29.98 for the car and then turning around and charging $29.98 for the battery pack is riducles. Why not include the pack in the car and raise the price of the car to offset the inclusion of the battery pack. Needless to say I will not buy another Tyco product.
on January 14, 2003
I am completely upset with this product, I think it's time us consumers get mad and stop the toy companies from allowing things like this to happen. I bought the Air Rebound for my son for Christmas, do you think he got to play with it? Don't think so! Can we guess why?...Ding..ding..ding...tell them what they've won Bob. Not a Flexpak! The only reason I rated this item with any stars is because you don't give us any other option. It doesn't deserve any star rating what so ever.
on December 30, 2004
My 9 year old son recently purchased a TYCO-Roll Cage remote control car for approx $30.00. He had taken his allowance money, which he has been saving for some time to Target to purchase something. This is the toy that he chose. Upon his selection, we reviewed the package to determine battery needs, even asking a sales representative if our understanding was correct. 2 AA batteries were required but not included. It also indicated that the TMH Flexpack battery was needed, but we were told that as a specialty battery, this should be included.

Imagine the disappointment once we got home. My son opened the box only to discover that this specialty battery was not included. The next day we returned to the store to get the battery and we were told that they did not normally carry these. He referred us to several stores, including Toys R Us, Radio Shack, Walmart, etc that shoudl carry these. We drove around for 2 hours to all of these stores only to be told that they either do not carry these, or were out of stock.

Finally, I resorted to going online to order one. I was shocked to find out that it would cost me basically $40.00 to purchase this product. This is more than the cost of the original car. Needless to say, I felt obligated to purchase since my son had worked so hard at saving for this toy.

Let me just say that I think this is ridiculous. Had we known this upfront, we never would have made the purchase. After reading the multiple reviews within this forum, apparently we are not alone. We will never purchase a TYCO product again in the future. I'm sure some marketing person within the company figured out that this would increase the bottom line, but in my mind this is a very deceptive process that preys on the vulnerabilities of children.

Now he will have to wait an additonal week to get the batteries, and the toy sits in the box in his room. I guess this was a good educational experience in that it teaches my sone that coprporations like TYCO, do nto really care about the consumer, it only cares about greed!!!! He'll definately think twice the next time.