5.0 out of 5 stars Great deal!
I was looking for a set of bongos to use in my studio for folks that just want to bang along with the music - these were a good price and I figured, what the heck, if they got destroyed or something, I wouldn't be out much. Turns out they are very nice, have a wonderful sound and I have used them in recordings where they sound really nice!
Published on July 15, 2010 by Rick C. Simonsen

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent Bongos
These are fun for the kids to play on but the sound does not project as well as I hoped they would. They are good, middle of the road bongos to play on.
Published 7 months ago by Jimbo

5.0 out of 5 stars Great deal!, July 15, 2010
Rick C. Simonsen (Snohomish, WA, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tycoon Percussion 6 Inch & 7 Inch Ritmo Bongos - Natural Finish (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best set of bongos to start on. Good price and awesome sound!, August 21, 2011
This is my second set of bongos. My first one Dark Stained Hardwood Tunable Bongo Drums 7" & 8" was a waste of money (read my review). These bongos are great! Way heavier than my first set. Well made, great finish and easy to tune with the wrench included. I like the sound and the fact that they are environmentally-friendly as they are manufactured with Siam Oak Wood. I have looked high and low for a good and affordable set of bongos. I have read hundreds of reviews on the internet and I can tell you that by far these are the best bang for your buck!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, March 6, 2010
I bought these for my son going to college. He is a music major, not a percussionist, but needed something to work out rhythms. I was impressed by the solid workmanship and materials. He loves them and fools around with them all the time. I imagine they will get many hours of play in the dorm.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Sound And Quality And Price!, April 16, 2011
I ordered this bongo to arrive in two days and I was pleasantly surprised. This bongo not only met all my hopes and expectations of a great sound and quality, but also the look is great and it came with a tuner, which I did not realize at the time of ordering it. I love these bongos! I would recommend you buy a pair if you love bongos too. Oh and they look exactly like the picture. The price was cheap for such a great product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Competent set of beginner bongos., August 29, 2010
the bongos are perfectly heavy in my lap, all the parts are there, and the sound is good.

no complaints especially for the sub-$50 price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Affordable And Fantastic Sounding, September 13, 2010
I ordered these bongos simply aiming for something cheap and entry level to play around with. It turns out that they actually have a fantastic sound, and in addition they look great and tune really easily. There's really not much more to say; they work well and they aren't expensive at all. I would definitely recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality, May 9, 2011
I purchased this for my son several months ago. I must admit to being very surprised at the quality of this bongo set. It is so much higher than I ever imagined. Even though I read the positive reviews before ordering, I never expected the great product I received.

Even my son's music instructor was extremely impressed at the quality and even more so when I told him the price. Sturdy, well made, durable, wonderful sound.

I especially like the fact that this set is hand made with renewable resources...a "green" bongo. So not only am I doing something for my son's future, but also helping the planet's future.

I highly recommend this to anyone looking for bongos. You won't be sorry.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great basic bongos, March 26, 2010
Brian Sixbey (Hampton, VA USA) - See all my reviews
While these bongos won't win glamor awards, they are well-made, should last nearly a lifetime, and are great for anyone, except perhaps someone who earns their living on the bongos - but even then, they could provide a perfect start!

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressed, December 13, 2011
PJB "Apl Jax" (Rocky Mountains) - See all my reviews
I bought this item for my preschooler. However, I wanted to get him some legit bongos --- so I read a lot of reviews.

I chose these ones based on reviewers' recommendations. They have solid construction, good sound, and look cool too.

They sit on a table top easily, and get moved around a lot --- I can often hear someone in the household throwing down an impromptu bongo beat. Sounds cool! Glad to have them.

4.0 out of 5 stars I do not play bongos, August 22, 2013
David B. Andrews (Minneapolis, Minnesota USA) - See all my reviews
So, I will not bore you with details like sound or handy ness of said bongos. What I know is that they are solidly constructed, have tough heads which seem like they will last a long time, and that my eight-year-old nephew loves them. I do not recall where they were made, but saving the last star for stuff made from sweatshop free, handmade drums of the future.

Tycoon Percussion 6 Inch & 7 Inch Ritmo Bongos - Natural Finish