5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Your Marriage!, June 26, 2008
This review is from: Tying the Knot Tighter: Because Marriage Lasts a Lifetime (Paperback)
If you're like me, it can be easy for you to put your marriage on cruise control. But when we do so, selfishness usually takes over and we are far from the kind of spouse that God has called us to be. In recent weeks, the Lord has used a really helpful book to break me out of my comfort zone and challenge me to be a godly husband to my wife. That book is Tying the Knot Tighter by Martha Peace and John Crotts, and it is my privilege to recommend it to you.

Tying the Knot Tighter consists of 120 pages divided into 19 short chapters which cover just about everything the Bible says about marriage. Topics include the importance of prayer, the biblical roles of a husband and wife, communication with your spouse, and how to resolve conflict in your marriage.

One thing I really like about this book is that it lists out a series of extremely convicting questions at the end of each chapter. When my wife and I sit down to work through it, I read the next chapter aloud, we talk through the questions, and then we spend some time in prayer. It has been such a blessing for both of us. In addition, each chapter ends with two recommended resources for readers who want to dig deeper in a particular area.

Whether you are presently facing significant challenges in your marriage, or you simply need to be spurred on to be a more faithful partner to your spouse, this book is a great resource. It is true to the Scriptures, easy to read, and extremely practical. If you are married, or hoping that some day you will be, I encourage you to purchase and begin reading a copy today!

5.0 out of 5 stars Enlightening for all Christian couples, January 13, 2010
cleveland (Fayetteville, Gabon) - See all my reviews
I picked up this book not sure what to expect. I've always considered my thirteen year marriage to my husband to be "very tight". I had previously read Martha Peace's book "The Excellent Wife", and I found that book to be very helpful. I figured that as good as my marriage has been, any marriage could be fine-tuned.

This book is a quick easy read as compared to most. Martha Peace and John Crotts focus on nineteen areas of marriage that affect virtually all marriages. Topics range from Christian disciplines to gender roles to responsibilities in the home. All topics are viewed through the lens of Holy Scipture. I love the fact that the authors don't shy away from Biblical thruths such as a wife submitting to her husband, specific gender roles as established by God, and proper stewardship of the recources that God has given you.

The most helpful part of the book for our marriage were the questions at the end of every chapter. It's easy to read through the text and agree with general comments regarding a marriage, but the questions if answered honestly can be very convicting. How does our marriage line up when using God's Word as a plumb line?

I recommend this book to any couple that is looking to strengthen their marriage in a Biblically accurate, Christ honoring, God glorifying way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Strengthen YOUR Marriage!, April 7, 2011
This is a fantastic book! My husband runs the book table at our church and has found this book to be helpful to others as well. It also makes a great gift! We, personally, found this book to be encouraging, challenging, and life-changing! There are questions at the end of each chapter, that really help each person to dig deeper and grow stronger. No matter if the couple is a newly-wed or a seasoned team, this book is very useful!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great resource for pre-marriage counseling., January 9, 2014
Pastors, here is a resource for your use in pre-marriage counseling. It helps the process of your discussions, even of difficult topics or often forgotten ones, go smooth as possible. This is only a tool and is not to replace your Biblical counseling to couples seeking wedlock, but it is a great read for the perspective couple and helps them to bring things up in your sessions with them that may not have otherwise come up. A sturdy addition or viable alternative to other materials you may already be using. Give the help that is needed before the ceremony.

This is also a good review tool for the married, whether short or long time couples. -->Helps keep the knot tighter, or re-tighten the loosening knot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Challenging, November 21, 2013
Ah, one of those excellent books that occasionally makes you want to duck your head in shame.. we, as couples, miss so many little things that we don't see.... and forget to see that all kinds of little things are what make up the big things. A great book for a couple looking for a challenge to make marriage even better.

Tying the Knot Tighter: Because Marriage Lasts a Lifetime
Tying the Knot Tighter: Because Marriage Lasts a Lifetime by Martha Peace (Paperback - October 19, 2007)
$10.00 $9.00