1,308 Reviews
 (1,104)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very solid, especially for the price
Published on March 4, 2010 by Olaf Piesche

1.0 out of 5 stars Ordered two different ones and the screws didn't fit
I ordered this product around two weeks ago and discovered that the screws to attach the base and the stand were the wrong size. I figured it must have been an error so I returned it and ordered another one. Unfortunately this new one has the exact same problem as well.
Published 15 months ago by Sazkion

5.0 out of 5 stars Very solid, especially for the price, March 4, 2010
This review is from: Tyke Supply Dual LCD Monitor Stand desk clamp holds up to 24" lcd monitors (Electronics)
Clamps to the desk with two finger screws, which doesn't seem like it would be very stable, but once installed it's rock solid. No wobble, it doesn't feel or look cheap. Very solid, relatively easy to install; height adjustment is only possible for both monitors at a time, not individually, but that's no big drawback. Cable clamps along each arm, which feel a bit flimsy but work. Comes with a surprisingly good, big, rubber coated allen wrench to tighten the screw that holds the arms vertically. Quick adjustment of the monitors is not possible, so it's a set-it-and forget-it mount. If you need to adjust monitor height frequently (such as transitioning from sitting to standing), this one's not for you. It's no-frills, but very good build quality. I don't think I'd be able to find another monitor mount of this quality for this price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Way better than expected given the price, February 22, 2010
This stand is extremely sturdy and adjustable. I've had it for over a year now and have not had any problems with it. When I first bought it, I was expecting something satisfactory at best, given the low price. Every other VESA mount I had seen was at least double to quadruple the price, so I figured I'd be cheap and get something that works barely. Instead, this stand exceeded my expectations in every category. It mounts easily, is solid, looks good, and lets me adjust the display's tilt and angle with ease.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product and Price!, January 21, 2010
Ookpic (London, ON) - See all my reviews
Picked up this stand over the holidays. It has excellent quality! I have 2 Samsung 23" monitors mounted on it with no problems. VESA screws that came in the kit worked excellent. Unit is very adjustable, tilt, pan, height, etc etc. It even looks great!. If you are looking to clean up the clutter that sits in and around your monitor bases then this fits the bill. Even comes with built in clips to manage your cords! I would highly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wow, what a pole!, May 16, 2011
I was a little nervous about the clamp when I ordered this. I figured that it wouldn't get tight enough to keep from moving around. But my fears were unfounded! It is incredibly secure feeling with minimal tightening. It is even clamped to a desk with a glass top! (The glass is sitting directly on the desk top; I wouldn't recommend doing this with a glass top with the little rubber bumpers underneath, it would probably crack the glass.)

Something useful that I couldn't find in the specs: The part of the clamp that touches the desk top has a foam pad so as not to scratch.

My only real complaint is that the pole that the arms are attached to is ridiculously long. I have two 20" (diagonally) monitors mounted on it which measure 13-1/4" top to bottom. The pole is 27-1/2" from the top of the clamp to the end of the pole. I have the monitors mounted such that their bottoms are about 6" above the desk surface. That leaves about 8-1/4" of pole sticking up above the top of the monitors. It looks pretty goofy. One of my co-workers made a stripper pole comment minutes after I finished the installation...

I can't really move the monitors more towards the top because that would make them uncomfortable to work with. I am intending on removing the plastic cap from the end of the pole, cutting it off, filing the rough edges, spray painting it back black, and reinserting the plastic cap. That is a lot of modifications to do to something that isn't really intended for modifications to begin with. Wish me luck! I'll try to post an update later this week about the results, good or bad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Strong Dual Mount, June 26, 2010
Like other reviewers who stumbled upon this dual mount stand this is an outstanding gem of a deal. It took me a while to buy it because the product details were skimpy. I'm not sure if similar pictured items listed on Amazon listed for different prices and/or monitor size is the same item or not as dimensions, manufacturer and materials are not fully given. So this review is listed for the 24" lcd monitors. I'm very happy that I took a chance and bought it.

Stand is made of steel not aluminum as described (tested with magnet). Which to me is a good thing since steel in this case gives stability. So the shipping cost is quite justified since it is really heavy. The base plate is 1/8" thick steel plate: it may look a little small in the pictures but believe me, it is not going to budge. The pole is welded onto the base plate. The finish is really superb with everything very smooth and no sharp edges. Even the welds are so smooth that at first I couldn't tell it was welded. They even give plastic covers to hide the tightening nuts at the joints. The plastic covers are not flimsy at all and snaps into position solidly which gives you an idea of the manufacturing quality of this stand.

I have a 25.5" and 19" monitor mounted with no problem. The 25.5" sits 9" in front of the pole and just touching the dividing line in the middle. I mounted them by myself but I would recommend two people if you are not strong. It would be wise to measure everything precisely and fix the height first because it would be very hard to move the height with two mounted monitors afterward. Be prepared to have a strong table: I have a steel engineering table and the edge bowed slightly although the mount didn't budge.

All in all, a really superb product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent price, quality, but one problem, December 10, 2010
After reading all of the other fantastic reviews for these monitor arms, I had no doubt they would adequately fulfill my needs. They are heavy duty and probably worth far more than the price I paid. However, I must give them four stars because of one problem.

After installing and adjusting both of my 24" monitors I sat down to find out that one monitor is about 1" lower than the other. Given that the arms do not have independent height adjustment this is a bit of a problem. I've tried adjusting them every way that I can but I can't get them level. Please note that this is not a tilt problem. I've double-checked every joint and in almost every other respect the monitors are in symmetric positions, but the left one is an inch lower than the right. I'm not sure if this is a defective unit or if others just aren't as picky as me. Other than this small issue, I'm very happy with the purchase thus far.

4.0 out of 5 stars Can't be beat for the price, July 8, 2010
Bobby (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
Given the quality of this product I really don't understand how other manufactors can charge so much for their stands. I've seen stands like this in excess of $150. This is a really nice well made and solid unit.

A couple of minor issues. It would have been nice to be able to set the height to be a little higher and it can be a little tricky getting two monitors aligned. However once you have them set, they are extremely stable.

I have two ASUS VH242H (24") installed without any issues.

5.0 out of 5 stars Trying to think of everyone I know to buy this..., May 28, 2011
Hoopster (Helotes, Texas USA) - See all my reviews
Have to agree with good reviews...unbelievable quality for this price. Very fast shipping to Texas got it a day earlier than was predicted. At work I have a $200 version and was looking for something at home. I like having one monitor in landscape and another in portrait. My desk presented a little bit of a problem b/c it has a back and this is meant to slide under and attach from the bottom so any trim on top of the desk (underside should be okay as it allows several inches). I drilled 2 holes in the back of my desk after setting the pole on the back to measure. The problem was that the screws supplied were really not meant to go thru any other material prior to going into the other side of the clamp. I went to home depot and bought one inch long, ¾ inch hex bolts with nuts. These fit perfectly in the holes and matched threads(narrow). Don't buy the bolts too long or you won't be able to screw the included sturdyscrews to the underside of your desk. Hope this helps someone else b/c you really should find a way to make this product work as it is sweet. Using a 24 inch and a 22 inch Samsung monitors and it holds them like a champ. True you can only move up and down the pole with assistance as this is screwed tight but once I found the best height it was not a big deal. Even moving it up or down with the monitors on was not too difficult but required a second set of hands. Once that bolt is screwed down you can twist, turn, tilt, pull, or push the monitor away from you. Oh, the bracket that holds the monitor do not come off, so I found it nice to stack books to the height needed and then put the screws in so you do not have to hold it steady and possibly strip a screw in the process. So much reclaimed desk space and such a great product...don't look at another review buy it now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rock solid! Fits 24" widescreen monitors easily, March 5, 2010
B. Isbell (Chicago, IL, USA) - See all my reviews
Not only the cheapest (in price) stand I've ever seen, but probably the best and most solid as well! I was blown away. I was a bit concerned since the stand says up to 24", but it fit my 24" widescreen monitors with room to spare. The screws were also plenty long enough for my Sceptre monitors. Cable ties are great. Clamp to desk is very adjustable. Everything on this stand is adjustable and rock solid. Easy to put together. I'll probably order a few more of these.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, solid mount, February 2, 2011
I am using this mount with two 24" Acer LCD monitors. It is very heavy duty and well built. I would have given it 5 stars, but if you loosen the arms enough to be able to easily move the monitors around they sag just a bit, making the monitors a tad uneven (and by a tad I mean 2 or 3mm). I would also say it's just slightly too small for 24" monitors. I can't quite get the angle and location exactly where I want because the arms are a little too short. I think it would be perfect for anything 22" and smaller.