Other Sellers on Amazon
Tyler Perry's Meet The Browns [Blu-ray] + Digital Copy
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
1. Angela Bassett stars as a single mother of 3 kids struggling to make ends meet in inner city Chicago
2. A death in the family takes them to Georgia, where they meet the Browns
3. A quick Rick Fox jumps into the crazy clan
4. Over-the-top characters, prolonged punch lines and unnecessary family secrets lead to a predictable ending
This movie has an established talent pool of a cast, and usually they can be depended on to put the "dis" in dysfunctional, but this time the jokes fail to flow smoothly, wasting the comedic talents of Jenifer Lewis, David Mann and Frankie Faison. Tyler Perry appears briefly as his most beloved character Madea, but even this feels like an afterthought in the context of the movie.
Angela Bassett is out of place for this particular role, but excellent actress that she is, her character signifies hope for single mothers everywhere who may be feeling overwhelmed by the pressures of work, home and family.
Some good performances make for a movie with a strong message, but unfortunately it's hard to see through all the noise and confusion.
Amanda Richards, July 20, 2008
Going totally and completely out on a limb, I'm going to say that I think this is probably the best Tyler Perry play I've seen (I've seen 5 of 7, soon to be 8 with the addition of Madea Goes To Jail). To be clear, I'm not talking in terms of outright humor, because I didn't find it to be as funny as the others, but more in terms of better writing, better actors, and better subplots. It also included better singing/songs; this time I didn't fast-forward through any of the singing, which is rare for me, because I don't like musicals and random singing. (Yes, this means I hate Chicago and Mary Poppins.) My favorites would absolutely have to be Tamala Mann and Terrell Carter's solo performances and the final song in which the entire cast sang. Those are the ones I insert the DVD to play whenever I'm home, and those are the ones I find myself walking around at work singing to myself; they actually inspired me to purchase the soundtrack from tylerperry.com. I have to recommend this play to everyone I know (starting with whoever is reading this and hasn't seen it).
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The movie itself is great, I've watched it many, many times. So the movie gets 5 stars. I have several digital copies of movies to watch on the go and I brought this for the... Read morePublished 1 month ago by GW513
Not my cup of tea. I think Mr. Brown overacts his parts sometimes. Anyway, I found it to be rather boring.Published 2 months ago by Ebony Princess
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray > Movies
- Movies & TV > Christian Movies & TV
- Movies & TV > Digital Copy
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Drama
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Romance
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials