Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Tyler Perry's Madea Gets A Job (Play) [DVD]
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Format: DVD|Change

on February 5, 2013
I've been a Tyler Perry fan since day one. He never lets me down with any of his work (especially his plays). Tyler has recieved his fair share of positive & negative criticism for his Madea character over the years. Madea is what made Tyler a household name. Fans come out in droves to support anything with Madea's name attached to it. I can almost guarantee that everyone will fall in love with this tell it like it is play! This is a great play with outstanding singing & a powerful message. The play is set in a nursing home in which Madea was ordered to do 20 hours of community service. As usual Madea gets things in order in grand slam fashion. We'll know Tyler lossed his mom a few years ago. I remember reading an interview in which Tyler said his mother told him on her dying bed to keep his Madea character alive no matter what the naysayers think. I don't care how many times times this man's name is dragged through the mud or how redundant his messages can be @ times. I'm 25 year's old. Madea always leaves me with a message that pierces my soul! I'll never grow tired of her. This play will make you laugh,cry & jump for joy all @ the same time! I know Tyler said that this is going to be his last Madea play for a while. He's focusing more on his films now. I've no problem with that. I'm a huge fan of his movies & plays. But nothing beats a Madea play live in person. Keep up the good work Tyler! You're my inspiration!
11 comment|70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 5, 2013
A great show filled with good singing and plenty of laughter. Tyler, you did it again. I watched it twice.
on January 30, 2013
I saw this play live...TWICE! It was THAT good! I can't wait to see how he changed things on the dvd. He changed the plot on me the second time I saw it so I'm sure the dvd will have a little twist. After years of watching his work onscreen there is absolutely NOTHING like seeing it live! Best experience EVER!!! I can't wait for this DVD.
on February 6, 2013
I love this play Madea getting a Lord have mercy. I have been a Tyler Perry fan since I saw diary of a mad blacks woman the movie. Madea tells it like it is in this play. Keep on continuing in the lord Tyler
on February 6, 2013
I own every single TP play and every single TP movie; of course I was gonna purchase this. FANTASTIC play. Loved it.
I loved everything about it. Great entertainment. Keep doin what u doin, dude. God bless you, TP.
on February 25, 2013
I'm a big fan to Perry's plays. I have all of them on tape and will probably get this one just because. However, it is no where near a funny as his previous plays, the music isn't as good, and there isn't much Madea. The play is a typical Tyler Morality play but this one is simply done with less humor. Unlike the other plays where I sometimes feel a desire to make a weekend of watching them, I don't see myself popping this one into the DVR and just watching as part of my Perry Popcorn weekend.
on March 13, 2013
There is just nothing more to be said about Tyler Perry's Madea. This is an awesome play. I have just about every play he has made and this one is just as good as the first one.
on February 13, 2013
The play was okay (typical Tyler Perry). However there was just entirely too much singing and not enough substance. It should have been titled Madea Puts On A Concert. It was a struggle for me to give the play 3 stars. My lady fell asleep and did not finish watching the play even though we had access to the it for 24 hours. A good movie I watch over and over...I watched this one only once....
on February 6, 2013
With his last two projects, I thought this would suck. But, it didn't I Laughed very hard and was surprised.Patrice Lovely was ridiculously good and funny as usual. The songs are fantastic.
VINE VOICEon February 6, 2013
So, I just finished watching the play and I must say that it was pretty good. The play is about Madea being sent to the Easy Rest Retirement Home to do some Community Service. While there, Madea gives some good advice to several people. Now, the play basically follows the same formats of many of his plays; but, it was actually entertaining. I loved seeing Madea and Hattie Mae together again. Why only 4 stars? Well, there are some things that he needs to work on like too many songs and tying up loose ends when it comes to the story. One of the new twists that I loved was at the end it was like an Old Skool party! The only extras on this DVD is the Behind the Curtain with the Cast of Madea Gets a Job. It really is a good play and worth watching.