4.0 out of 5 stars I Laughed So Hard I Cried
Madea's Class Reunion was the first Tyler Perry production I had ever seen. I didn't know what to expect, but what I got was simply non-stop laughter. Everyone was an absolute delight from the "crazy" bell hop to Madea (both played by Perry) to Brown and the other supporting cast. And, I'm sure it is not easy trying to keep up with Perry as he freestyles...
Published on March 2, 2005 by M. Doss

3.0 out of 5 stars the play
This one is good, like all of his movies and plays. I didnt think it was his best one though.
Published 1 month ago by Linda Grose

4.0 out of 5 stars I Laughed So Hard I Cried, March 2, 2005

I'm not a big fan of musicals so the many songs were not a big hit with me, but I was still "wowed" by the quality of the voices, especially in one of the last songs, "It's You" sung by a spurned wife to both her husband and his mistress.

I would recommend anyone to check out the DVDs as well as the new movie version of Diary of a Mad Black Woman. I'm certainly going to catch one of the live plays when I can.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tyler Perry, The Best PlayWrite,Producer and Actor of all time, He's a Legend, June 26, 2005
This play is one out of all of his plays that is Hillarious,and yet more wisdom is given to the audience through such a Tallented Man in GOD. I and my sister and daughter saw this play on Mothers day 2003. We laughed until we were in tears and left with a a pounding head ache from laughing so hard. That was one of the happiest Mothers days I've had since February 13, 1999 when My Mother Flora Crawford took her last breath on this earth to go home and be with our Father in Heaven. Tyler Thank you for helping me to forget about the sorrow of not having a Mother Present but remembering all of the Love and teachings of Values and Morals she has instilled in my sisters and I, so that we will continue to do the same to our children. Continue to be Blessed..Your Friend and Fan for Life.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Play with a wonderful Christian message, July 29, 2005
After watching the movie by Tyler Perry, THE DIARY OF A MAD BLACK WOMAN, I wanted to watch all of the plays that Tyler Perry had written and acted in as well. MADEA'S CLASS REUNION was the very first play that I watched of the collection. Boy was it a good introduction to a wonderful collection of plays.

When I watched this play, I wasn't expecting it to be so good. Not only was there a lot of laughs but there was great gospel singing, acting, and a Christian "tonality" to the play. While the movie THE DIARY OF A MAD BLACK WOMAN somewhat exploited this Christian tone, it didn't do it to the degree that any of Perry's stage plays did. Here a prostitute fights for her life with a husband who abuses her (and is a pimp), at a hotel, an elderly lady who cleans the rooms is fired by a manager who isn't Christian but ends up becoming the manager of the hotel. I would tell you more, but you must experience this master work for yourself. I will tell you that Madea is "funny as h***, I ain't lying" (one of her famous lines throughout the Tyler Perry series). 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of his Best!!, March 27, 2005
M. Giddings (Havre de Grace, Md) - See all my reviews
I loved this play! I haven't seen the original but this is great. It has added filmed scences that make the play enjoyable. As always great music and message.

5.0 out of 5 stars Watch out world...Here comes Tyler Perry again...He's better than ever!, August 2, 2005
Well, Tyler has done it again. The plays just keep getting better and better. If this is your first time to see one of Tyler's plays, this one will make you want to see them all. Once you watch one play you just can't get enough. Each play contains a great lesson and is sure to include tons of laughs. You will hit the floor laughing so hard. Madea is so crazy! Madea is a wonderful character. You might think she is loud and overbearing, but some of ya'll would be better off if you'd take some of her advice.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Funniest Tyler Perry play thus far, April 6, 2005
Outside of the theatrical release of Diary of a Mad Black Woman, I would say that Madea's Class Reunion is the best, the funniest of Perry's plays. The most hilarious characters were Tyler Perry as Madea and the bellhop/bartender. This is a must-see! "You betta WATCH" this play (you'll get the quotation when you see the play).

5.0 out of 5 stars Too Funny for words, August 16, 2005
The first experience I had with Tyler's work was "Diary of a Mad

Black Woman", the theater version. I became an instant fan. Funny to the core, with a very strong message underlying the humor. The thing that impressed me was the was the bibical teachings were interwoven in the story line. I don't remember

seeing Tyler performance in the California area but if he ever

brings his troup to the West Coast my wife and I will make it our business to ensure we get tickets.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hallelujuherrr!, April 30, 2006
Boring? Are you kidding me? Of all of the plays, this one has to be my favorite (if it's possible to pick a favorite). I think the addition of Dr. Willie Brown with the scenes where he dumps Mrs. Brown's ashes onto Mr. Brown; and later when he goes schizo (literally) on the hotel manager are hilarious.

Then there's a scene where Mr. Brown enters the matrix, so to speak. The scenes set in the restaurant and the spa are also too funny! (I am sorry to not be more eloquent in my descriptions, but there are only so many ways to describe funny, and usually it is better not to try.)

Tyler Perry is probably the funniest writer since S. J. Perelman or Ian Frazier...

5.0 out of 5 stars this is soo funny, November 12, 2005
A Kid's Review
tlyer perry and all the actors are 2 funny 4 words.I ahve i can do bad on my own and i watch it every day.Sometimes there can be 2 much singing in it but otha than that its the best

4.0 out of 5 stars Tyler Perry, August 9, 2013
I love his plays and I think he is very funny. I will order more in the future! I would recommend this product.

ARRAY(0xa75e6a68)