Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

Format: DVDChange

on May 31, 2014
I don't know why the film wasn't a hit at the Box Office but it was a hit for me when I watched it at the movie theater with a group of people, it's not a chick flick, it's for everyone Men & Women! I thought the acting was phenomenal, the humor worked at every moment it hit, the emotions was surreal and it had a universal story line that I can relate and saw myself in the movie as the men the single moms fell in love with! Keep up the good work Mr. Perry, I think you're doing a fantastic job!!! Can't wait for your next production, either it's Madea or not!!!! I HIGHLY recommend it to everyone, Tyler Perry fans or not Tyler Perry fans!!! Getting this one for my Tyler Perry collection definitely!!!
33 comments75 of 81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 8, 2014
Great Movie! I really like the message: Single Moms need support, friendship, camaraderie, a little help (sometimes) and a life outside of their kids. And they don't need to feel bad about. It touched on the topics of single moms in the corporate world, single moms with controlling ex's (they want to be able to move on, but don't want you to), middle class single moms and even Moms working hard, trying to stay off welfare. From Corporate to Middle class to the Ghetto (and even married Military moms like me, who raise their kids on their own when Uncle Sam needs daddy), we all have one thing in common, we LOVE and want the best for our children. Yes, some of the acting could use some work, but over all, it was a very good movie, with a powerful message for Moms!
11 comment26 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 23, 2014
Great movie.Tyler Perry movies tend to move at a steady pace. He wants the audience to get the message versus getting so lost in the drama of a film. I will watch again.
11 comment23 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 28, 2014
I personally liked this movie over many that Tyler has put out in the last few years because to me it represented sisterhood. I could relate to most of the women in this movie and that was really nice because after I saw the movie once I looked at it again. Everyone has a different opinion about this movie but it showed strength in many different ways and to me in this day and time we as woman need to be encourage. Yes many of you are right everyone does not end of with a man in these situations but it was nice to see it nontheless because for me it gives a little hope for those who are still looking for a mate.
VINE VOICEon March 21, 2015
This would have been much more interesting if Mr. Tyler had, at the reading, switched everyone's roles. Are there no white women who waitress with husbands in prison? Are there no black females in publishing? Are there no white children attending attending private school on scholarships? Why go for the mundane? Surprise us!
22 comments10 of 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 26, 2014
It wasn't as funny as I thought it would be. The topic is great, being that I'm a single mom. I think delving further into the single moms lives would have tightened up the story line.
0Comment16 of 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 10, 2014
I wish I could rate this lower than 1 star. I'm not a big Tyler Perry fan but he does have some movies that have a moment here or there. But this movie was Tyler Perry at his worst. HUGE cliches- Tyler Perry just doesn't do context or nuance. Everything is so direct. Every line has to mean exactly what it's supposed to mean. Every situation goes exactly how you think it's going to go and the spoilers are usually so ludicrous they aren't spoilers they are just bombshells-they come out of nowhere and blow the up the whole story. Tyler Perry is one of the greatest media entrepreneurs of our time, but conceiving, writing, directing, and producing 4 movies and 2 television series is a bit much. I wish he'd give some younger writers and directors a chance to hone and perfect their craft. He'd probably get better stories and better execution.
0Comment10 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 4, 2015
I would count Tyler Perry movies as one of my few "guilty pleasures" and I know no one else who would watch them with me. I'm okay with that. The movies themselves aren't usually all that great, but I usually enjoy them for the message he embeds.

This "Single Moms Club," though is probably about his worst so far. The story itself doesn't flow naturally. It seems they go from strangers to "besties" overnight. The "walls" topple too quickly. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think it worked, unless it's because they're all so lonely; that has to be it.

The scripting was terrible, the acting mostly wooden. And Tyler Perry was about the worst. He should not have cast himself in this one.

As others mentioned, the scenes - yes, we get treated to this line of conversation more than once - with the mom and her neighbor discussing building sets was over-the-top awful. We are to believe she didn't understand the double entendres going back and forth or that he might have been "flirting" with her? And the Moms Club thought that type of flirting from a man she didn't even know was awesome? Huh?

And the scene with the couple outside the truck? Would that woman -any "strong" woman, black or otherwise - really have caved so quickly? That whole thing embarrassed me.

Tyler Perry movies usually have a strong moral message to offer the audience and that's why I like them. That's why I watch. This movie's message was MIA. And I watched this entire movie.

I will say this, though: "Single Moms Club" probably has the highest production quality of all Tyler Perry movies. Sadly we don't get a whole package. I'm glad I didn't make a movie of it or drag my husband to a theater to watch. It's that bad.
on August 22, 2014
I wish I could get my money back. It was boring & long. I'm very disappointed. I usually like Tyler Perry movies. This wash not good. Would not recommend to my enemies.
on August 21, 2014
it was an awful movie. The cast was not in sync. All the cast are good in their own right but something about this movie just didn't flow. I was disappointed.