5.0 out of 5 stars I thought it was one of Tyler Perry's best work
Published 8 months ago by Dillon Belisle

Corny but cute. Terry Crews was funny. His scene by the truck was off the chain funny. They made a cute couple. The window scene discussing the forest project had me in stitches. I was really LOL.
Published 6 months ago by MEME

5.0 out of 5 stars I thought it was one of Tyler Perry's best work, May 31, 2014
I don't know why the film wasn't a hit at the Box Office but it was a hit for me when I watched it at the movie theater with a group of people, it's not a chick flick, it's for everyone Men & Women! I thought the acting was phenomenal, the humor worked at every moment it hit, the emotions was surreal and it had a universal story line that I can relate and saw myself in the movie as the men the single moms fell in love with! Keep up the good work Mr. Perry, I think you're doing a fantastic job!!! Can't wait for your next production, either it's Madea or not!!!! I HIGHLY recommend it to everyone, Tyler Perry fans or not Tyler Perry fans!!! Getting this one for my Tyler Perry collection definitely!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Its not what I expected - In a good way, August 1, 2014
DeepStar (Nebraska, USA) - See all my reviews
I didn't go to this movie in theaters because I didn't know what to expect. I thought it was going to be some complete comedy with no seriousness or reality. I proved myself wrong. It approached some common, but challenging issues single mothers go through. It provides an accent on the stress single moms deal inside themselves, and projects how challenging parenting can be when you're single.

With a little more detail: Their children were approximately in middle school and disobeyed rules (technically legal laws). The mothers were forced to work together from the schools regulations. They conflicted with each other at first. Each mom's situation is very different from the others. But a connection slowly formed revealing the similarities in the individual challenges, providing support for each other, and trying to enjoy life.

Also, men were added in the picture/story, but they are not the main focus of how the women handle the stress their life. Men were included because it relates to what single moms may go through with their ex-husband, or establishing/developing relationship with another man. It also provides a good closure for creating a positive ending, since movies can't continue going on and on, like someone's life does. The issues between the mom and child(s) also relate to what parents often experience anyway.

I'm not providing my personal life, but I correlate to what the women and their children are individually experiencing, in more than one area/situation. Some people who haven't experienced relationships with similarities to the challenges (or seen another person's/friend's similar challenges) probably won't enjoy the movie as much as people who have.

3.0 out of 5 stars Terry Crews was funny. His scene by the truck was off the ..., July 24, 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars It wasn't as funny as I thought it would be, July 26, 2014
It wasn't as funny as I thought it would be. The topic is great, being that I'm a single mom. I think delving further into the single moms lives would have tightened up the story line.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality film, great message, July 23, 2014
Great movie.Tyler Perry movies tend to move at a steady pace. He wants the audience to get the message versus getting so lost in the drama of a film. I will watch again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Sisterhood Movie, July 28, 2014
Rita (Greensboro, North Carolina United States) - See all my reviews
I personally liked this movie over many that Tyler has put out in the last few years because to me it represented sisterhood. I could relate to most of the women in this movie and that was really nice because after I saw the movie once I looked at it again. Everyone has a different opinion about this movie but it showed strength in many different ways and to me in this day and time we as woman need to be encourage. Yes many of you are right everyone does not end of with a man in these situations but it was nice to see it nontheless because for me it gives a little hope for those who are still looking for a mate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Message!, August 8, 2014
This review is from: Tyler Perry's Single Moms Club (Amazon Instant Video)
Great Movie! I really like the message: Single Moms need support, friendship, camaraderie, a little help (sometimes) and a life outside of their kids. And they don't need to feel bad about. It touched on the topics of single moms in the corporate world, single moms with controlling ex's (they want to be able to move on, but don't want you to), middle class single moms and even Moms working hard, trying to stay off welfare. From Corporate to Middle class to the Ghetto (and even married Military moms like me, who raise their kids on their own when Uncle Sam needs daddy), we all have one thing in common, we LOVE and want the best for our children. Yes, some of the acting could use some work, but over all, it was a very good movie, with a powerful message for Moms!

2.0 out of 5 stars If you are bored..., July 26, 2014
This review is from: Tyler Perry's Single Moms Club (Amazon Instant Video)
Much as I love TP movies I must say this one was just OK for me. The situations the women faced were true to life but they all ended with each women getting a man so you knew things would be better. Not necessarily so in real life. I just felt as if something was missing, the women were not really empowered as they should have been since it's a movie about women. I would suggest waiting for cable viewing, even though I spent 3.99 on Amazon so glad I did not pay full price at the movie! Something to watch on a boring Saturday definitely not up there with the best of his movies!

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Waste Your Time, August 29, 2014
Kimberly (Greater DC Area, United States) - See all my reviews
I didn't even finish this movie because it was so terrible. Cliche after cliche after cliche. I can offer one positive comment though - it was refreshing to see a group of girlfriends from different ethnic, racial, and economic backgrounds all being friends. I can't think of very many movies where we get to see that.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Again..., September 10, 2014
I wish I could rate this lower than 1 star. I'm not a big Tyler Perry fan but he does have some movies that have a moment here or there. But this movie was Tyler Perry at his worst. HUGE cliches- Tyler Perry just doesn't do context or nuance. Everything is so direct. Every line has to mean exactly what it's supposed to mean. Every situation goes exactly how you think it's going to go and the spoilers are usually so ludicrous they aren't spoilers they are just bombshells-they come out of nowhere and blow the up the whole story. Tyler Perry is one of the greatest media entrepreneurs of our time, but conceiving, writing, directing, and producing 4 movies and 2 television series is a bit much. I wish he'd give some younger writers and directors a chance to hone and perfect their craft. He'd probably get better stories and better execution.