Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

Format: Amazon Video|Change
Price:$9.99

on May 31, 2014
I don't know why the film wasn't a hit at the Box Office but it was a hit for me when I watched it at the movie theater with a group of people, it's not a chick flick, it's for everyone Men & Women! I thought the acting was phenomenal, the humor worked at every moment it hit, the emotions was surreal and it had a universal story line that I can relate and saw myself in the movie as the men the single moms fell in love with! Keep up the good work Mr. Perry, I think you're doing a fantastic job!!! Can't wait for your next production, either it's Madea or not!!!! I HIGHLY recommend it to everyone, Tyler Perry fans or not Tyler Perry fans!!! Getting this one for my Tyler Perry collection definitely!!!
33 comments| 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 8, 2014
Great Movie! I really like the message: Single Moms need support, friendship, camaraderie, a little help (sometimes) and a life outside of their kids. And they don't need to feel bad about. It touched on the topics of single moms in the corporate world, single moms with controlling ex's (they want to be able to move on, but don't want you to), middle class single moms and even Moms working hard, trying to stay off welfare. From Corporate to Middle class to the Ghetto (and even married Military moms like me, who raise their kids on their own when Uncle Sam needs daddy), we all have one thing in common, we LOVE and want the best for our children. Yes, some of the acting could use some work, but over all, it was a very good movie, with a powerful message for Moms!
VINE VOICEon March 21, 2015
This would have been much more interesting if Mr. Tyler had, at the reading, switched everyone's roles. Are there no white women who waitress with husbands in prison? Are there no black females in publishing? Are there no white children attending attending private school on scholarships? Why go for the mundane? Surprise us!
44 comments| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 28, 2014
I personally liked this movie over many that Tyler has put out in the last few years because to me it represented sisterhood. I could relate to most of the women in this movie and that was really nice because after I saw the movie once I looked at it again. Everyone has a different opinion about this movie but it showed strength in many different ways and to me in this day and time we as woman need to be encourage. Yes many of you are right everyone does not end of with a man in these situations but it was nice to see it nontheless because for me it gives a little hope for those who are still looking for a mate.
on July 23, 2014
Great movie.Tyler Perry movies tend to move at a steady pace. He wants the audience to get the message versus getting so lost in the drama of a film. I will watch again.
on April 3, 2015
Light entertainment but enjoyable. The story starts when five single mothers are called together by the school principal of her child's private academy. Each child has caused considerable havoc after not being picked up on time after school. The principal requires each mother to work with the others on a school function in order for the child to stay at the academy. (Not such a bad idea. Wonder if it would work in real life.)

Guess you can figure the plot from there, but..the acting was so much better than I've seen in most movies that aim to please. I've encountered all five lead actors in other productions, and each is a class act. And the script was truthful as well, within the constraints of the genre. No kid became picture-perfect by the end of the movie. Women friendships helped matters, but the distinctness of each woman was maintained.
on July 26, 2015
So glad I too the chance. I saw the previews for the Medea movies. They all seemed just way too slapstick and silly so never gave them a chance. I like to laugh buy I also like movies with a bit of a message. This was definitely not slapstick, a message about the life of single mothers, working hard to make a life and loving their kids. Making mistakes but mostly doing it right. Loved the movie. I little humor, the humor of life. I will definitely consider Tyler Perry movies in the future.
on March 22, 2015
It's a nice but nothing exceptional. He starts to tell a story about the single moms who form a support group, and he starts to develop the characters, but before he gets the job done, a quasi crisis happens in the story and then he wraps it up with they all lived happily ever after. The characters aren't developed enough for you to feel a real emotional connection to them, but you do see their situations. The story doesn't flow well from start to finish, but it is pleasant.
on June 26, 2016
This movie is ultimately about friendship. It's about the strong bond that can be created when people of similar circumstances put aside their inherent differences and help each other. The story follows five single moms, each one with her own problems, got together and decide to form a support group for themselves after they meet at their teenage children's school.

There's the sassy black character named Lytia. Lytia is working the hard shift at the Waffle House, while trying to keep her youngest son out of jail and on the right path.

The other black woman, named May, is a middle-class writer, who is supposedly struggling to raise her son and publish her book.

Jan, is one of the two wealthy and affluent white characters. She is a publishing executive that puts her work ahead of her daughter.

Then, there is Hilliary. Hilliary is divorcing her high-powered attorney husband, and is supposedly struggling because her spousal support has been lowered. Now that she can no longer afford her live in maid.

Last, but not least is Esperanza. Esperanza is silently suffering because her daughter's father has afforded her a certain lifestyle, so long as she's willing to follow his rules. It's a problem that's easily solved for Esperanza, because, as it turns out, they have laws enforcing child support for a reason.

I think Tyler Perry did a pretty good job of writing funny and interesting dialogue between the ladies, they all had good friendly chemistry with each other. You could really see the obvious strong bond between them all. I liked the individual story lines, and I thought that they intertwined well.

There were some lines that were a little bit cheesy and a couple of performances that seems kind of hammy, but they were pretty far and few in between. I enjoyed seeing Terry make an appearance here, he was funny and created an interesting dynamic.

True, there area few plot holes here and there, and the ending is awkward and cheesy, but overall, it's a heartwarming story.
on June 21, 2016
Not one of Tyler Perry's best - but it's hard to capture all the "single mom's" issues, make it funny, and really get at the parts that in depth, in the short amount of time used to get to know all the players - which I think could have been developed better, but, as a whole, a nice movie. Jan, the 'woman in a man's world' that has to prove that a working mother can get the job done better than a man, and a younger one at that, who really wants her job. Hillary the wife of a lawyer, who's divorcing her and their children, and now has to cope with a limited budget (no nanny) and actually raising her children. Esperanza, with her boyfriend, and issues of insecurity. May, the aspiring writer, who wrote the "single mom's" book, but who kept a very important secret from her son, and last but not least, Lytia, the hard working mother who has an exception son, that she worries over, and in turn her over protectiveness due to past experiences, leads to her distancing herself from her son. An incident involving all of their children, brings these 5 women together, to form a support group for single mothers. While supposedly from a diverse background, this opportunity gives them a chance to bond, grow, relax from the demands of being a single parent, if only for a moment...and most of all the strength to go after what's important to them and their children.