5.0 out of 5 stars Great detail, sturdy toy
This extremely detailed t-rex is a favorite of my children. I was concerned about the jaw breaking, but it has been fine through some very rough play by my 4 year old. A step above other similar toys.
Published on December 4, 2007 by Flor

2.0 out of 5 stars paint issues
Published 22 months ago by Jelly

5.0 out of 5 stars Great detail, sturdy toy, December 4, 2007

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive Quality, July 12, 2010
This review is from: Tyrannosaurus (Colors May Vary - Green or Brown) (Toy)
It's rare that a product exceeds expectations. With this Papo Tyrannosaur, however, that's exactly what happened. I bought this as a gift for my 5-year-old nephew, who was having a dinosaur themed birthday. Given the other reviews, I already had decent expectations, which made it all the more impressive that this product exceeded them. My nephew was quite excited with the Tyrannosaur, and despite his parents' initial hesitation, he has been allowed to have the toy with him in bed at night. Apparently the vicious nature of the Tyrannosaur makes him feel safe from anything else that might scare him! The rubbery material used to make the product means it is both durable and safe for a 5-year-old to play with. I saw him banging and stabbing the T-Rex, which seemed to hold up with no problem.

Despite my nephew's enthusiasm for the toy, I'm quite certain it cannot match my own enthusiasm. The detail and accuracy is amazing. Upon seeing the product first-hand I decided I had to have my own. It turns out the model makes for a great subject for photography, especially experimenting with different light setups. The Tyrannosaur is fun to photograph, and will likely prove an invaluable reference for modeling a computer model of the animal in MAYA. I also purchased the Allosaurus, as the reviews for that product were equally impressive, if not more so. I hope to have both soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars This King is dead, long live the King!, July 28, 2011
Imperator (Diversityland, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tyrannosaurus (Colors May Vary - Green or Brown) (Toy)
This is without question, the greatest T-Rex statue/model ever released on a major scale. Yes, there are boutique, and wallet-smashing offers from companies such as Sideshow Collectables...but this little T-Rex offers similarly high levels of detailing, subtle coloration/washing, and great proportion to form what we see here: a masterpiece. It also offers something else that Sideshow doesn't: VALUE.

For under $20 (I got mine for a shade under $16 with free Amazon shipping w/the Papo Triceratops, natch), about the cost of a disposable new-release DVD, you can have a nice little terror on your shelf that will break the ice and start a conversation with guests. Friends so far can't help but pick the little Tyrant Lizard King up when they see him sitting on the shelf, glaring up at them. He he.

I hate to go with the flow of nearly every review here, but this time I must join the echo-chamber of Borg-like opinion: this T-Rex is perfect. It has a quality "heft" to it that all Papos possess. It also looks fantastic on my bookshelf next to all my dinosaur books. Forget Safari, Schleich, CollectA, etc. They are all similarly unimpressive, and lacking in detail. Go Papo, and never look back.

Get one today, for the kid in us all, no matter if you are a youngin'...or closer to 65 million years old.

2.0 out of 5 stars paint issues, November 24, 2012
This review is from: Tyrannosaurus (Colors May Vary - Green or Brown) (Toy)
i bought the tyrannosaurus from papo twice and it arrived both times with white paint on top of its head and some above the teeth. Since this is hand-painted, i'm assuming the paint was smeared by whoever painted these figures. i ended up returning the two models. i was disappointed as i wanted to have it on display in my room. will try to find them at a brick and mortar store so i can inspect them in person

EDIT:
so i went to a store in my area called Dinosaur Farm and they have these papo figures as well. Their dino's also had the same problem so it is not limited to amazon's inventory

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth Every Penny, July 19, 2008
R. Hawkins (Denton, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tyrannosaurus (Colors May Vary - Green or Brown) (Toy)
I saw this dinosaur while on a trip to Columbus, OH, and as soon as I saw it I knew I had to have it. This is a fantastic, museum-quality "toy", if that's what you want to call it. The T-Rex is so good that I'm going to buy the Spinosaurus and Raptor next!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great jurassic park t. rex, July 21, 2012
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Tyrannosaurus (Colors May Vary - Green or Brown) (Toy)
I got the brown one and it was AWSOME! It looks like the t. rex from the first jurassic park movie. It is SO realistic! It looks JUST like the victory roar from the first jurassic park movie. I HIGHLY, HIGHLY reccomend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars RAWR!! Papo makes the very best dinosaurs!!, August 11, 2008
This review is from: Tyrannosaurus (Colors May Vary - Green or Brown) (Toy)
This is a fantabulous depiction of a realistic TRex!! You can't get 'em any better than the Papo toys, you really can't. I've been waiting to find a good, realistic TRex to display at my cubicle at work, or to just study and imagine what a real dino might look like - Papo dinos are the very, very best. These are sturdy, mature toys that will light up your imagination. This Rex is in the perfect pose, and is of the perfect dimensions. Easily the most accurate Tyrannosaurus available in toy form. I'm just crazy about these Papo dinosaurs - they're terrific!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Exquisitely Detailed But Paint Wears Off Easily, June 20, 2014
This review is from: Tyrannosaurus (Colors May Vary - Green or Brown) (Toy)
My 3 year old and 1 year old have a small collection of Papo and Schleich dinosaurs, about 6 of each. Within 3 days of playing with the Papo T-Rex more paint had worn off than dinosaurs they've played with for over 6 months. I had a similar problem with the Papo Baby Mammoth. After receiving the Papo T-Rex but before realizing how easily the paint wore off, I ordered a second T-Rex so both my boys had one since they each loved playing with it. The second T-Rex arrived with paint worn off the body in several areas just from shipping. It could have been packed better with more bubble wrap but it wasn't packed that differently from other dinosaur figures ordered from Amazon. I sent the second T-Rex back to Amazon. Papo's dinosaurs are beautifully designed, detailed, and textured but it seems like they may have an issue with the longevity of the hand painting compared to Schleich.

My boys previously had the Schleich T-Rex but lost it after about 4 months. I loved the meticulous modeling, detail, and texture with the Schleich T-Rex. When it came time to replace it I decided to give the Papo T-Rex a shot since it also looked exquisitely designed and was on sale. In retrospect, I regret not sticking with the Schleich since it didn't have an issue with the paint easily wearing off. Having had both, I definitely recommend the Scheich over the Papo T-Rex.

5.0 out of 5 stars We have a T-Rex, December 17, 2011
This review is from: Tyrannosaurus (Colors May Vary - Green or Brown) (Toy)
It's not so much a toy as it is a statue. Great mold. A must for Jurassic Park fans!Basicly a recreation of the last shot from the movie.

1.0 out of 5 stars White Spots on head?, April 22, 2014
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Tyrannosaurus (Colors May Vary - Green or Brown) (Toy)
I just go this in the mail today and I opened it up and on the very top of the head and sides there was white spots that will not come off I will be returning the figure and getting another one but this time I hope my figure does not have white blotches on it.

Tyrannosaurus (Colors May Vary - Green or Brown)
$27.99 $22.41