Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

Size: 1-Pack|Change

on October 17, 2011
I admit, I should have read all the negative reviews before buying this product.

When mine arrived I just took it out of the packaging. I did not notice all those small needles until about an hour later when I noticed itching on my hands. But before that I touched my face. Many times. And my pants were covered with a lot of this stuff. Imagine that.

Oh, there was a warning about fiberglass. True. On the back of the packages in small print! But nothing on Amazon.

After inspecting the product I noticed many very thin needles on the bag. Some 5 inches in length, but most under a quarter of an inch. The bag was really covered with this stuff. An edge was ripped off a bit producing even more needles.

This product is not worth buying at any price. I can't imagine having to use gloves each time to touch my documents. I do not want to be arrested at the airport because someone touching my passport got some strange itching.

When I was buying this I thought this is a thick bag made of several layers of different fabrics. One layer for thermal insulation, and at least one for making this bag airtight under high temperature - like melting but burn proof plastic. This bag doesn't have anything like that. The air can flow in and out of this bag. Because of oxygen in high temperature the documents will get charred even before the fire touches the bag.

Bad design, bad craftsmanship and bad packaging.
1414 comments| 383 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 16, 2011
I read the reviews before purchasing, and figured the postings about fiberglass were overdone. No they aren't. I just got done using packing tape on my fingers to remove the fibers. Do not purchase this product. Fiberglass fibers are tiny and you will have a hard time seeing them, but you can sure feel them in your fingers. I am returning the item to Amazon as a defective product.
0Comment| 123 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2009
Our local news station along with the fire department tested this bag. They tested multiple bags with fire temperature less than 800 deg F and all documents enclosed were turned to ashes. Also a seam on one of the test bags came apart in the fire exposing the contents to direct fire.
55 comments| 442 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 19, 2011
This isn't a bag. It is a cloth foldover thing - that kind of looks like a small pillow case - made of fiberglass. Fiberglass has shards. It makes you itchy. And there is a warning on the "bag" that this 'sheds'. This is going back. The description is very misleading. Do not buy this.
0Comment| 112 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 4, 2011
Like some other reviewers, I got fiberglass splinters as soon as I touched the bag the first time. Awful product I'll be throwing in the trash.
on January 8, 2010
It took days for the fiberglass fibers to get off of me. I never touched it again, with bare hands. Was going to donate it to local flea market, but decided not to inflict anyone else with it. Even when I tossed it into the trash, I taped a note to the outside of the package, warning of the loose fibers.
44 comments| 212 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 7, 2011
IT'S LIKE ASBESTOS!

I along with the tons of people on here, didn't read the reviews.. and didn't pay attention till, the other night, I was putting document in the sleeve, then I noticed how itchy my hands got... then I noticed it was Fiberglass (!GLASS PARTICLES).. and my legs and hands had tiny glass particles on them. Spent 4 hours all night, taking cold shower after cold shower, trying to get rid of the glass. Had to wash my clothes seperatley and vaacume the closet, carefully, to get up any remaining particles.

I'm not kidding, NOT WORTH IT!

Pros
Looks Neat

Cons
Expensive
Will get into your skin
Like Asbestos
Health Hazard

Not worth it!

Swen
(Charlotte, NC)
11 comment| 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 18, 2013
I found this on a website and thought I'd share. Be informed before you buy!

Due to limitations of today's materials, all safe products are susceptible to heat and fire damage when exposed to high temperatures for extended periods of time. Thus, no safe product manufactured today is considered "fire proof". Certain materials can provide resistance to high temperatures for limited periods of time. Safes properly constructed with these materials can be classified as "fire resistant". Depending upon the materials used and the methods of construction, safes can provide varying degrees of fire resistance.

What level of fire resistance do I need?

In a home fire, the peak temperature and duration of the fire can vary depending upon the size of the home, the materials used to construct the home, the response time of firefighters, etc. It is estimated that the typical peak temperature in a home fire ranges from 800 to 1200 degrees Fahrenheit. The typical time for firefighting authorities to bring a home fire into containment is estimated at 15 to 30 minutes. Paper chars at approximately 402°F. To protect paper documents, the internal temperature of a safe must remain below 350°F while exposed to the conditions of the typical home fire. Thus at a minimum, a safe should provide enough fire resistance to keep the maximum internal temperature of the safe below 350°F, when exposed to external temperatures of 1200 degrees for 30 minutes.
on February 6, 2013
This package is sturdy and holds documents and other items providing you can fold them to squeeze them through the opening. However, it's made of something that gives you microscopic prickly splinters. They wash out easy enough, but I only handle it with gloves on now.
on March 20, 2016
I bought this product and it has completely unraveled at the seams, making it not even a useful document holder, never mind holding up to a fire. To make matters worse, it is extremely difficult to get in touch with the manufacturer. Very disappointed.
review image