4.0 out of 5 stars Works OK for what I need.
Published on August 1, 2010 by RED

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY, DANGEROUS.NO RETURN POLICY
Published on August 4, 2010 by Donna J. Porter

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY, DANGEROUS.NO RETURN POLICY, August 4, 2010
This review is from: U.S. Patrol JB5472 Photo Patrol Security Camera (Electronics)
I purchased two of these. Upon putting the batteries in (yes they were in correctly) the unit got extremely hot and the batteries (brand new, purchased same day) got extremely hot. Before I could get the batteries out the unit was smoking. When I went to return, the Amazon page said the items were not returnable. So I spent over $70 for nothing. Do not purchase these our you will be out money too. Shame on Amazon, Shame on US Patrol.

1.0 out of 5 stars Insert batteries and get smoke and burning plastic smell, July 30, 2010
I plugged it into a USB port and it worked fine.
I inserted new batteries and the unit started to smoke and a burning plastic smell came from the unit.
I'm returning it for a replacement because it would be a good product if it worked.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works OK for what I need., August 1, 2010
I got mine and it has worked fine so far. The property I am watching is in the country ad isolated. The first time I left it there, it's batteries ran out before I got back to download the pictures. It appeared someone had been around but because the batteries failed, I didn't get any pictures. I have always used a 2GB SD card that to make sure I don't loose any pictures. It would have been nice to have a suggested life of the batteries included in the instructions.

2.0 out of 5 stars Barely ok product, July 29, 2010
I ordered 2 of these, one worked OK the other had some thing wrong with it. After turning it on it smoked and the batteries got hot, ( yes the batteries were inserted correctly) Both units had wires sticking out the circuit board in the Battery compartment that made one of the batteries hard to insert and remove. For the price if they were made or put together right would be a great buy. The one that worked took really clear and nice pictures. But I feel the quality control sucked. Sorry I really wanted to give this item a very positive review.U.S. Patrol JB5472 Photo Patrol Security Camera I really hope I just had bad luck and got the only 2 bad cameras.

1.0 out of 5 stars Piece of junk camera, August 29, 2010
I put in the batteries and the entire unit heated up to a point that it was difficult to handle. Seems as thought something shorted out the batteries. The unit never turned on and is useless. What a waste of money!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Just keeps on taking pictures - no motion detection, July 5, 2011
M. Copeland (South of the Mason Dixon line) - See all my reviews
I so much wanted this to work. I put the batteries in and set the date/time. I then placed it on a table facing my kitchen to test it out. After about 10 minutes, I hooked it up to a computer. There were 290 pictures on it!! Most were of NOTHING. I used a program to quickly step through the pictures and there wasn't even a flicker of difference from one to the next on about 285 of the pictures. There were about 5 that had my wife walking into the kitchen. The shutter speed was so slow the picture was blurry. If I hadn't known who it was, I wouldn't have been able to tell from the picture.

There is a display on the back that you use to set the date. Once operating, it displays how many pictures it took along with a battery indicator and the word "Hi". The instructions are ridiculous but I was able to figure out how to set the date/time. What I can't do is alter anything else. Apparently, the sensitivity is so low that it just constantly takes pictures. With a 2GB memory card, I should get about 25,000 pictures based on the instructions. Unfortunately, that's less than 3 days. I want to set this up and let it take the random picture over a matter of weeks. Who has time to go through 24,990 pictures of nothing to find the 10 pictures of that deer eating my tomato plants?

Mostly worthless, I'm afraid.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unit smoked when batteries inserted, August 4, 2010
Kevin Hall (Minneapolis - Las Vegas) - See all my reviews
I placed some brand new batteries into unit. Carefully made sure they were in correctly since some people had reported the unit overheating. I pressed the power button and 4 seconds later smoke was pouring out of the unit! I got slight burns to my fingers trying to pull the batteries out and they were still hot a minute later. The only thing that would do this is a direct short through the batteries. I notice Amazon stopped selling them. Is this why?

1.0 out of 5 stars JUNK, March 18, 2012
Recent purchase off ebay, the unit worked for 1 day, then quit. I changed batteries, used an external power source still nothing! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY NOT WORTH IT!

1.0 out of 5 stars doesn't work at all, May 9, 2012
Have put several sets of brand new batteries in it and yet the screen won't fully come on so it must be non-functional.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth $5.00, October 22, 2010
I bought two units. I put in the batteries and the entire unit heated up and started to smoke. It seems as though something shorted out the batteries. The unit never turned on and both units are useless. Both units were poorly put together. Both security cameras appeared to be a very cheap product. I paid over $40.00 for each of them but they are not worth $5.00. What a waste of money!!

U.S. Patrol JB5472 Photo Patrol Security Camera