Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: U.S. Polo Assn. Sport Men's US8170 Black and Gunmetal-Tone Bracelet Watch
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on July 15, 2011
Ive read negative reviews here about this watch. If I were paying over 22.00 bucks for the watch, I would still think its a good deal. The people who say they cant see the digital part on the watch face, must work inside a dimly lit place, or they are not familiar with reverse LCD. It works sorta like e-ink, the digits that dont change every second use no power to display. Take the watch outside, in the sun and the digital part reads fine. This is a substantial watch, meaning heavy and bigger than a regular sized watch.

If you need perfection in a watch, dont buy this watch. If you want a cheaply priced watch that looks more expensive than it cost, buy this watch.

The color is indeed much darker than the picture suggests. It is not gunmetal gray, but a variation of what appears to be dark chrome. Very dark. The pushbuttons are chrome, bright chrome. The band also has a plastic/rubberized material the first 4 links of the band from each end of the face.

The dial reads "Japan Movement".
on October 11, 2011
I got this watch using birthday money and I set the analog and digital times synchronized. After a few hours, the analog time starts to get a little off. Also, I had it in my bag with clothes in it, and when I took it out, the second hand swung freely when i shook it and whin i wasn't shaking it it moved very slowly. this all happened within a month of when i bought it.
on October 19, 2011
Loses color,loses synchronization between analog and digital, I don't recommend any one to buy this watch,I want to return it back or to get rid of it
U.S. Polo Assn. Men's US8170 Analog-Digital Black Dial Gun Metal Bracelet WatchU.S. Polo Assn. Men's US8170 Analog-Digital Black Dial Gun Metal Bracelet Watch
on May 7, 2012
I received this watch and was very excited about it.
Worked perfect until day #2!!! The terrible part is that what broke down was the minute hand and hour hand...they both stopped moving. I thought it was a shame but I figure I'll keep it as the digital part was working. However the watch crown fell off shortly after. What a terrible product! It's not an expensive watch, and I might not expect it to last a lifetime, BUT 2 days, seriously?? Don't waste your money on this watch. Terrible quality!!!!
on September 29, 2011
The watch has a great look but it works pretty bad. I was super excited to gift it to my fiancee but it turned out to stop working the next day i gifted him. So we opted to change it and get a new one in exchange. to our misery the new one was defective as well. the digital clock that is a part of the watch was not working at all. the screen was out! no internal lights were working either. so returned the second one too! :(U.S. Polo Assn. Men's US8170 Analog-Digital Black Dial Gun Metal Bracelet Watch
on August 5, 2011
Watch worked fine for 6 months. However, now the analog portion of the watch is dead. I suspect it relates to a faulty stem assembly because the analog hands just flop around and the second hand does not move.

All I can say is the item looks nice and the dual analog/digital concept is what I wanted. I recommend you stay away from this one.
on February 1, 2012
This watch is not worth the price, I have worn it for 2 weeks and the band is pitting and rusting on the inside. I have never had a watch that had a band that rusted. It was purchased for its multi time display feature which functions as advertised but the back light feature is weak and times out quickly. Next time I need an inexpensive watch I will get a timex.
on January 18, 2012
I bought this watch for my dad as a birthday present and he absolutely loves it. It was pretty difficult to find a watch I knew he'd like as my dad isn't a fussy guy. He says what he loves most is the detail and the fact that he can where it with almost anything and to any occasion(now he only saves it for church). He's had it for a few months now and it still ticks like a bomb. The only issue we had to have a link removed as it was too big, but hey...blame my dad for having small hands. This watch is fantastic!
on February 24, 2015
Total Junk. Really this is a cheap watch that you would buy as a 12 year old, and wear it to death because you were too immature to realise it made you look cheap. The rubber bits on the band fell off in the 2nd week. The black metallic coating rubbed off in a few months. I doubt it is waterproof. The only thing I like is that it can now be used for science experiments I am going to dream up for this piece of rubbish.

This was a silly purchase by me. I shall not make the mistake of buying U.S. Polo Assn watches again. Ever.
review image
on March 19, 2014
I'm very hard on personal items at work, but I wanted a watch that looked decent and might survive six months. For under $30, this looked like a contender, and it has been. I'm very satisfied with the watch and would recommend it to anyone looking for an inexpensive watch.

Pros:
Large. Really large. Easy to read at a glance.
Seems very accurate for a watch this affordable. In a week it hasn't gained or lost time against my rather more expensive watch.
Backlit digital display with chronograph; not overly bright (won't blind you at night like Indiglo sometimes does).
Alarm is reasonably loud.

A couple things that set this watch above the competition in this price range:
Thick metal bezel, rather than a plastic case.
Band is durable metal and closure is sturdy and effective. The band alone seems worth the watch price.
The crystal is mineral, not glass - many in this price range have less durable glass crystals.

Cons - and these are minor:
The second day I had it, all the coating came off the clasp. Right down to the bare stainless. Looks OK, just was strange.
The luminous markings on the dial don't really work. It seems as if the crystal is so thick, it robs the markings of light. The hands are NOT luminous. Given the backlit LCD face, this isn't an issue... but again, kind of strange considering how excellent the watch is overall.

I'm happy with this watch, and after a week of abuse at work it looks none the worse for the wear. I expect it will last for some time even in my abusive work environment, and it might last a very long time indeed with normal treatment.