5.0 out of 5 stars Initial Evaluation - Great Watch!
Published 22 months ago by craigstnt

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT WATER RESISTANT, but otherwise a nice watch
Published 13 months ago by Handy Guy

5.0 out of 5 stars Initial Evaluation - Great Watch!, April 23, 2013
This review is from: U.S. Polo Assn. Sport Men's US9235 Watch with Black Silicone Band (Watch)
I saw this watch on Amazon yesterday and saw mixed reviews. I decided to think it over and make a trip to Walmart just to see what they had in the same price range. I'm looking for an inexpensive watch to wear while teaching tennis during the summertime, so I want something that will hold up to the heat of the summer days, but something that looks decent and is somewhat accurate and functional. Well, you can imagine my surprise when I saw this on what appeared to be the discount shelf at Walmart...it's the EXACT same watch listed above, but there's no U.S. Polo Assn. logo on it - the middle of the watch is blank. The good news - with CT sales tax, it came to $13.60. There were some with the red dial markings, but I purchased one of three with the white markings on the black dial. Despite some of the comments I read here on Amazon.com, the watch was very easy to set (both digital and analog) and appears to be keeping good time. I certainly don't expect this to be a watch that I own for years, but for $13 and change, if it gets me through the summertime, it was money well spent and then some.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great watch, but if you want a small lightweight one, then this is definately not for you., November 6, 2014
I had previously purchased one of these when they were sold (with no brand name that I could find) at W***M**t. The first one I bought got scratched up, so I purchased another, and within a week the battery died. I returned it for another but they only had one left with red hands and numbers (which I didn't really like, too hard to see) but I couldn't find a white one anywhere, so I went ahead and traded it. I kept checking to see if they ever had anymore, but they never did. They must have discontinued selling them altogether.
Finally I found them under the U.S.Polo brand and was happy to find that they have improved it with a digital light up readout (the previous version only had the background light up instead of the digits) and a feature that when you pull out the hand adjustment dial to the first notch, I shuts it off(great for saving battery power while stored). It is built like a tank and the strap is sturdy with dual strap retainers and will not come undone unless you want it to.
However, if you are put off by a large(very) size, thickness and weight, then this is not the watch for you.
Because I owned two previously I already knew about this and I am a slim guy, but I still like it. The one thing I feel could be improved is the time that the digital display stays lit when activated. I still liked this watch enough that I spent weeks searching for it on the web. So for me it was exactly what I wanted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch, April 8, 2014
I bought this on a Saturday, and it came on the next Monday morning. I love this watch, It looks great, great quality. The Alarm system is easy to control on or off if you read the instructions. I will definitely recommend this watch to anyone who likes the "sport" style of watches.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT WATER RESISTANT, but otherwise a nice watch, January 31, 2014
Handy Guy (Hood River, OR) - See all my reviews
This watch is very comfortable and good looking -- if a bit bulky. Really a great watch for the price... except that water got inside within a week of putting it on, and now the crystal is all fogged up. It claims water-resistance to 30 meters, but leaked when worn in a 5-foot deep pool. Now I have to pay to ship it back, and pay another $6.50 to get a new one sent to me; that's half the cost of the watch. Sheesh!

4.0 out of 5 stars Like it with two caveats..., December 10, 2013
Watch is accurate and looks nice-- although a little 'thick' for people like myself that don't have large, thick wrists. The only thing I didn't like is the instructions were almost uncypherable. I still can't get the alarm to keep from going off every afternoon at 3:45pm (my time). Came that way and with the directions in virtual code it certainly detracts from my enjoyment of the product.

Probably wouldn't buy this item again.

5.0 out of 5 stars great watch, June 19, 2013
real new original polo watch, was packaged in original leather box, with guarantee. i recommend this item, i love it

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice purchase!, May 10, 2013
The watch has a beautiful design and it works perfect. It is according my expectation. My son thanks US Polo.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, March 18, 2013
You can't beat the quality of this watch for the money...a lot better than I could ever expect. Just love it

5.0 out of 5 stars 4, February 10, 2013
excelente producto, se venden muy bien y gustan mucho a las personas, el precio es justo para este producto a

4.0 out of 5 stars Good watch for middle-aged eyes!, December 18, 2014
I bought this watch because of the large white numbers and hands. It's easy to read. The digital section that shows the date and alternative timings and stop watch function is impossible to read but I don't care. Many people think this is a Bell & Ross "airplane gauge" watch. I tell its a $22 watch and we laugh.