Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 2, 2008 5:03:00 AM PST
mpm617 says:
This printer is less than 5 months old and I keep getting a U150 error that the yellow ink cartridge is not recognized. There is no work around, the printer is essentially dead, even though the cartridge is almost full and seated properly. DO NOT BUY THIS PRINTER.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2008 11:56:17 AM PST
BGNW says:
Your printer is still under warranty. Look on Canon's printer web site for technical support. I had the same U150 error problem and a Canon representative walked me through a set of procedures to try to make the printer work. After about 30 minutes and still receiving the U150 error, they sent me a new cartridge. They will only replace the cartridge if it is a genuine Canon cartridge (not a generic). Once I received the new and working cartridge, I learned to refill them (substantially saving on the cost of ink)....

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2008 2:46:40 PM PST
mpm617 says:
Thank You for the information. How did you learn to refill the cartridges?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2008 3:16:36 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 9, 2008 4:57:02 PM PST
BGNW says:
See discussion topic below: "Anyone try Canon compatible ink yet?" I have not updated the information in a few months, but I am on my 4th set of refills. Make certain you have two (2) sets of "working" Genuine Canon Cartridges. I saved the set that came with the printer and the replacement sent from Canon, and then purchased another set at a discount on EBay....

I believe one of the reasons the printer receives this U150 error (Google and you will find it is a significant problem) is because Canon is tinkering with the sensitive "proprietary" chip on their cartridges to encourage printer owners to purchase their exorbitantly priced ink cartridges!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2008 3:18:57 PM PDT
What state are you located in? THanks,

Peter

Posted on May 22, 2011 9:08:04 AM PDT
Sean Michael says:
When the printer shows the dreaded U150 error for the yellow printer and taking it out and then reinserting it doesn't work, is there a way to print only B&W docs?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Feb 2, 2008
Latest post:  May 22, 2011

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Canon PIXMA MP600 All-in-One Photo Printer with Easy Scroll Wheel (1451B002)
Canon PIXMA MP600 All-in-One Photo Printer with Easy Scroll Wheel (1451B002) by Canon
4.2 out of 5 stars   (312)