4.0 out of 5 stars Works great for generic codes....
Published 20 months ago by Numbsoul1

2.0 out of 5 stars Excellent simple and informative
Published 3 months ago by Paul in Orlando

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great for generic codes...., November 16, 2012
This review is from: U480 CAN-BUS OBDII Car Diagnostic Scanner (Electronics)
This code reader has performed as well as could be expected, given the price. I used it on my 2001 Cavalier, 2000 Monte Carlo, and 2003 Honda CRV. It had no problem reading codes or turning off the check engine light on any of these three vehicles, but was unable to give a code or description for one out of perhaps four total codes occurring with my Cavalier, although it had no problem at all erasing the mystery code and turning off the check engine light. The code that it was unable to read is most likely Chevrolet specific and was almost positively related to my transmission torque converter or torque converter solenoid, which I'd had come up the week prior when I had the codes read (but they refused to delete) at a local Auto Zone. When I used this item to read the codes, it just gave a readout of "N/A" for this one code, but had no issues when I deleted all codes to get rid of it. It has saved me a whole lot of time and heaps of money by narrowing down what exactly the computer was seeing as problems and I'm very glad I purchased this unit. It feels a little on the cheap side, but does what it was intended to do. My only complaint is it not being able to read the one manufacturer-specific code, but other than that it is a wonderful tool for anyone who is trying to do work on their own vehicle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Scanner!, December 21, 2011
This review is from: U480 CAN-BUS OBDII Car Diagnostic Scanner (Electronics)
I own this Odb 2 scanner and it has been a wallet saver, tells me exactly what code my car is throwing so I can just google it and fix it myself. Love this thing.

4.0 out of 5 stars cheap code reader, November 2, 2011
It Reads Codes and lets you erase them. It's a very basic model but does the job. I've used it on both my Honda and Subaru and it diagnosed the problem. This model just gives you the code which you then have to look up in a booklet supplied, a minor inconvenience. Instructions are a bit vague about how to erase codes but i figured it out quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Scanner, especially for the price (97 Infiniti and 04 Toyota), October 23, 2012
This review is from: U480 CAN-BUS OBDII Car Diagnostic Scanner (Electronics)
I had the service engine light come on in my 97 I30 after driving through a bumpy construction zone, the error code being for the EGR valve. The car part stores around here refuse to clear the codes due to liability, and as I had figured, this error was just from the bad road. Disconnecting the battery does not work on the I30 due to the code being saved in the computer, so this scanner was a great deal just to be able to clear that. It found the error codes on my 97 Infiniti i30 and a friends 2004 Toyota. I got the link error a couple of times, but it worked after connecting BEFORE putting the key into the ignition, then following the instructions as the book recommends. If you are having trouble, just try disconnecting the device, pulling your key completely out of the ignition, attach the scanner and then insert the key after "MEMOSCAN U480" displays.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great!, January 15, 2013
This review is from: U480 CAN-BUS OBDII Car Diagnostic Scanner (Electronics)
I used it on my BMW 530xi and it found the error codes and got rid of the Engine light no problem!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Pleased, March 12, 2013
This review is from: U480 CAN-BUS OBDII Car Diagnostic Scanner (Electronics)
Just what I needed.I have a U380 and I paid a lot more for it.The U480 does the same thing for a lot less money.
Well pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Save Money, May 19, 2012
The check engine light came on in my car - the garage was going to charge $45 for a "diagnostic" - they did however say that they would apply that $45 charge if I had the repair done at their facility...I did have it checked somewhere else - gas cap was not replaced properly - I will not go back to their garage and NOW I have the ability to diagnose the problem myself and save the $45 charge...this was well worth the cost and now I do not have to rely on a dishonest garage mechanic that likes to take advantage of a woman! I would most definitely recommend that this device be in your glove box.

5.0 out of 5 stars U480 CAN-BUS OBDII Car Diagnostic Scanner, February 26, 2014
tech guy "tech guy" (small town, Texas, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: U480 CAN-BUS OBDII Car Diagnostic Scanner (Electronics)
What can I say. It just works exactly as I would expect. The directions are clear: Plug in the scanner, put key in the ignition and then turn the key to ON. Lastly, press the enter key to start the scanner. It seems that there are a bunch of folks here that put the key in first and turn the key to on first. But the instructions are clear on how to use the scanner.

I have an issue where my car gets a code sometimes in cold weather. The scanner helped me get the thing fixed w/o having to take the car to the shop 20 times so that it would fail when the shop guys were looking at it. Well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars good, January 31, 2013
This review is from: U480 CAN-BUS OBDII Car Diagnostic Scanner (Electronics)
very good price and very good product. It is very simple to use it and easy to read the result

2.0 out of 5 stars Excellent simple and informative, April 5, 2014
This review is from: U480 CAN-BUS OBDII Car Diagnostic Scanner (Electronics)
This scanner worked exactly as advertized - gave me the codes and allowed me to clear the error. My car has registered 3 "glitches" in its four years plus but so far, no major problems. The last time around, I went to my local auto parts place and they told me that they could no longer clear error codes. This device did it, cleared the error (that has not returned) and gives me the peace of mind to know that should the check engine light fire again, I can at least find out what caused it and clear it without destroying the accumulated tuning information stored in other computers onboard.

UPDATE: 5/22/14 Needed to use my scanner again - got a "Linking Error" message - repeatedly. This occurs on the ISO9141 step and locks it up. Not a particularly happy camper here! A trip to my local auto parts store validated that my car is not the culprit and I have a repeat problem that needs to be addressed.

U480 CAN-BUS OBDII Car Diagnostic Scanner