Published on April 14, 2009 by 365BeautySecrets

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money...
Published on January 26, 2010 by Heidi1970

4.0 out of 5 stars Speed healing for at-home facials: portable High Frequency device for acne/pustules!, April 14, 2009
This review is from: UC-3500 Pro Portable High Frequency Machine (Neon Gas: orange-red) (Health and Beauty)
So far I've used 2 out of 3 electrode wands: the mushroom electrode for the face (not yet on my body, but I read something that it was good for cellulite) and also the point electrode for spot treatment on my face. My aesthetician always uses this on me at the end of the facial after all the peels and extractions to reduce the redness and also make acne/pimples/pustules and also inflammation/redness go away faster. Please note that this is better for pustules, not black heads. She was selling it for a comparable price, but at least there is no tax here. The electrode wands are easy to insert but it seems difficult the first time because the electrodes seem fragile (glass). The whole unit comes with a nice reusable black case with a protective area for the electrodes, as shown in the photo, but I wish I could store it without having to remove the electrode. However, that would probably have a higher chance of breaking the electrode. The cord is heavy duty thick, but it's still portable and still better than lugging around a control box, which aestheticians typically have. I was nervous at first about getting this High Frequency device because it makes a sound (as normal) as if you will get electrified but that is normal. When you lift the wand further away from the face, let's say 1 mm, then a "spark" will occur, which has a deeper effect for spot treatment. Essentially this HF device creates ozone and stimulates the face while eliminating bacteria that causes acne. I definitely think it works better than Zeno, which is now readily available. Of course, daily maintenance is required, i.e. washing daily and thoroughly with moisturizers, etc. Too much HF at one spot can cause a burn, not sure how long, so I keep moving along. I plan on using an egg timer to limit the time that I use the device at one time. Last but not least I ordered this last week Wednesday and received it yesterday Monday, so this seller is pretty quick for the $12 shipping fee. Overall, I definitely recommend this to friends and family. I am giving it a 4-star due to the price and the face that I have not used it long term yet. I have not yet been able to find out the cost on replacement electrodes. The power cable is permanently connected to the unit, so that is not replaceable. By the way, there were some red permanent marker markings on the silver end of the electrodes, but I don't know what that means. The unit did not look used. The device was made in Taiwan. What else can I say? It is pricey, but can you really put a price on your face and skin? This is much cheaper than facials in the long run, but you still need to go to a professional aesthetician on a regular basis for the deep cleaning. One more thing, I have not really been able to find other HF devices on Amazon, much less the internet. I don't know why because I read that this technology has been around for years. I love it nevertheless.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, December 10, 2009
Renee (Houston, TX) - See all my reviews
I have had facials for over 20 years and have ALWAYS insisted that they use their high frequency machine on me...because they work so amazingly at killing bacteria, and getting rid of bumps on my face. I was told about this machine, did my research, and have been using it now for about a month. I keep getting compliments on my face, which appears to just be more youthful looking, and smooth. And when I use it to "zap" any pimples that I get every now and then I wake up the next morning and it is GONE!

I HIGHLY recommend this to ANYONE! I'm using it on my 13 year old daughter once a month, as well. It is EASY to use! I do wish it came with instructions! If you have never had this used on you, or are new to having facials, I recommend you talking to a professional first to completely understand how to use it. ENJOY! Well worth the $$!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money..., January 26, 2010
I purchased this system as a gift for my Mother and was quite embarrassed. She didn't want to tell me at first but the kit had arrived with a broken glass part and appeared to be previously used. Also, one of the other electrodes didn't even light up properly. I had the opportunity to inspect the system for myself while I was in town visiting her and noticed that it didn't even come with an instruction guide. I am a skin care professional by trade and was quite disappointed by the overall quality and lack of power that this system provided. By no means would I consider it to be "Professional-Grade". There are better products available out there.

3.0 out of 5 stars Satisfactory Product, June 25, 2014
I brought the product to stimulate hair growth for my Mother who has thinning hair. We did not see any hair growth in the problem areas after using 3 times a week for several weeks. Maybe we should of used it for a longer period but we just lost momentum. However, I have recently started using the product again for facial stimulation. I have noticed more facial tone and I'm very pleased.

1.0 out of 5 stars JUNK, December 10, 2014
Wand worked for 6 months then died. Never dropped or handled roughly, don't waste your money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and Good, July 8, 2010
Vericat (SEATTLE, WA, US) - See all my reviews
It is Thursday, July 8, and my order arrived today. The machine is as described. I opted for Argon rather than Neon in the electrodes, and that is exactly what I got. It works perfectly. All parts are in perfect condition. The storage case is rather nice to have as it protects the electrodes well. The order was placed on July 2. It is nice to have my own equipment that is of the same quality as the equipment I was trained with.

I rate Palacia Skin Care 5 brightly glowing stars and will order supplies from them in the future.

4.0 out of 5 stars Shipment Incorrect/Correction Quickly Made, November 23, 2009
I ordered this product last week. Today, I received a shipment, but it was the wrong product! I will call Palacia tomorrow; we'll see (and post) how easy it is to receive the correct order...The lady distributing the product was quick to send me the correct order and included easy return instructions that were paid for by her. I was pleased. I'm happy with the product itself. I've been using daily for almost two weeks. I started to get a large zitty nodule under my skin (sore and red). Usually those come to a head within a few days and scar my face. I began zapping it with the wand the first day and within 3 days it was completely gone and never came to a head. Nice surprise - that tells me it works!

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, but flickers after 2 weeks use., April 26, 2014
V Dubbya (CA United States) - See all my reviews
I've had it for 4 weeks, and it worked very well for the first two weeks, yet now, when I use it, the light flickers, and has a 'burning smell', like the handle is losing the connection somewhere (or frying some electronics). It is not as strong as a professional machine, but was fine for my use.

I give it 3 stars because of the above problem I mentioned, and will be returning it for the price I hoped it would last at least longer.

5.0 out of 5 stars This device is awesome!, October 9, 2010
I looked into buying the high frequency six months before I actually brought it from Palacia. The reason I hesitate was because of the bad review on Amazon but after I read the more recent review I decided to email the seller. They responded very quickly and was extremely helpful. After several emails I decided to order it. I ordered through Palacia skin website since the portable high frequency was qualified for free shipping, its the same price as the price posted on amazon. I ordered it on a Wednesday and received it on a Saturday. I only used it for a day so I will come back after a month and let you know how it work. It came with everything mentioned on here and looks brand new. It was in a square, black case.

UC-3500 Pro Portable High Frequency Machine (Neon Gas: orange-red)
$329.99 $239.00