5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect in a Pinch!
Customer Video Review     Length:: 0:31 Mins
This is a demonstration of the UCO matches I purchased here on Amazon.com. As you can see they work fairly well! These are a must have for the backpacker/camper, I also purchased an Exotac MatchCap Match Case/Safe BLACK to accompany these matches. I was able to fit 13 matches, and I only had to cut about 1mm off the wooden end to get them to fit.
Published on February 13, 2011 by Mr3dfx

2.0 out of 5 stars Very poor performance...
I have used several brands of storm proof matches in the past and was needing to refill my pack. Wish I would have picked another brand.

The good: They do have a fairly long burn time (20-30 secs) and are in fact wind proof. The extra heavy duty strike panels were a nice addition.

The bad: They are not even remotely waterproof. When you lightly...
Published on June 9, 2012 by MonkezUncle

‹ Previous | 17 8 935 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing matches!, March 7, 2014
Paul J. Staehlin (Salem, OR United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: UCO Stormproof Matches, Waterproof and Windproof with 15 Second Burn Time - 50 Matches (Sports)
These matches in my opinion are a must for any bug-out bag or camping trip.
I saw the video advertising these matches and was BLOWN away how they perform!

5.0 out of 5 stars q, March 6, 2014
have not used yet but i'm sure I will like it if I get a chance an see a need

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for survival kits., March 5, 2014
I keep packs of these in my dry bags, for my canoe and kayak as well as in every survival kit and bushcraft bag. In wet conditions they cannot be beat.

5.0 out of 5 stars JUST PLAIN WOW!, February 28, 2014
IF YOU CAN LIGHT IT, PLACE IT UNDERWATER AND IT WON'T GO OUT, WELL THAT SHOULD SAY IT ALL.
BUY THE CARRY CONTAINER TO WITH IT.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product to have in your bag!, February 13, 2014
I purchased several packages of these matches to have in my hiking bag as a just-in-case I need them. They have proved to be a great item to have in several occasions on my travels and glad I had them. They are a good for the preppers out there and a must if you have a bug-out-bag!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great matches, February 11, 2014
These are the fattest matches I have ever seen. Ignites for 10-15 seconds. Haven't tried dipping them in water, but I think they would do ok. With all the smoke it puts out while lighting it is definitely not for use indoors unless you need to clear the air in a bathroom. Came with extra strikers. These would be great for anyone who goes camping in areas of unpredictable weathers, like high wind or frequent rains.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tested and Met the Standard, February 5, 2014
I tried these in a heavy downpour as well as a very strong wind. They lit every time. You will of course have to have dry timber to keep your fire going in these extreme circumstances. A must have for every outdoorsman as well as prepper

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect outdoor match!, February 5, 2014
I purchased a uco match holder as well. Been sold on these since first using one! Will not go out submerged in water, cannot blow it out. I will never use a different match. Just buy em!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, January 25, 2014
These matches seem to be of good quality. And they arrived 3 days earlier than expected. I only gave 4 stars because I have not tried these matches out yet. I am guessing that they will perform exactly as they should.

5.0 out of 5 stars In my wife's car kit, January 14, 2014
D. A Smithwick (Colorado Springs, CO) - See all my reviews
My wife commutes to work 50 miles each way, and I like that she has the means to light candles or even a signal fire if she were to become stranded.

‹ Previous | 17 8 935 | Next ›