Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Mary Carpenter Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer TL256 TL256 TL256  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

Format: Blu-ray|Change

on October 10, 2008
UFC's first blu ray release will be a "best of comeback" fights in which one fighter is getting beat and ends up winning in the end. 240 minutes total makes for 4 hrs worth of fights. I posted the match list below but im not really sure why fights like Jardine vs Alexander are on this because that was a generally one sided fight except for one punch. 5 of them were also released on the "Best of 2007" dvd set and only 2 of them are unavailable anywhere due to Ultimate Fight Night events not being released. I recommend this if you dont have any of these fights and are just looking for a "best of" compilation because theres really nothing new here besides that. All are great fights though and the quality will be perfect so I gave it 5 stars.

Pete Sell Vs Scott Smith(UFF)
Alessio Sakara Vs Drew McFedries(UFC 65)
Martin Kampmann Vs Drew McFedries(UFC 68)
Renato Sobral Vs Jason Lambert(UFC 68)
Keith Jardine Vs Houston Alexander(UFC 71)
Jon Fitch Vs Roan Carneiro(UFN)
Colin Robinson Vs Eddie Sanchez(UFC 72)
Paul Taylor Vs Marcus Davis (UFC 75)
Chris Leben Vs Terry Martin (UFN)
Jon Koppenhaver Vs Jared Rollins (UFF)
Roger Herta Vs Clay Guida(UFF)
on March 14, 2009
Since I'm not a cagefighter, and have never been to a mixed martial arts
competition, and have never purchased an ultimate fighting dvd before, please let me give you those disclaimers.
The purpose of my buying this dvd, aside from a lifelong interest in boxing. etc., was to get a greater understanding of this sport. My nephew is a heavyweight cagefighter in Flint, Michigan. Haven't followed his career as closely as what I would have liked, but I do know that he has won a recent "main event". Having migrated from there to here (Oklahoma City) in 1981, I try to keep in touch with the family.

I would love to tell you that my nephew has inherited his skills from me, but that would be somewhat of a stretch (you ought to see me in action!)
So, all kidding aside, this was just a great ultimate fighting dvd!

Amazon has listing this dvd at 240 minutes. The dvd lasts about 2 hours and 3 minutes of 100% action. Featured bouts:

Pete Sill vs. Scott Smith
Paul Taylor vs. Marcus Davis
Chris Leben vs. Terry Martin
Jon Koppenhaver vs. Jared Rollins
Roger Huerta vs. Clay Guida

These are all full length bouts, althouth none of them goes to the scorecard (of 3 rounds of 5 minutes). Most don't last into the second round, but a couple come close to the distance. At least one is very bloody, which may be enough to satisfy some. You can't really tell who's
the really comebacker, till the fight is all over, which may be a very strong point of this dvd.

After having a tough day in the warehouse, I would have to say that this is an excellent way to unwind. These bouts are excellently officiated, and are strangely enough, very relaxing. I am looking forward to having an intellegint conversation with my nephew when I see him this June.
on November 3, 2015
Its not 240 minutes like stated in Amazon, and I honestly liked the DVD but to watch it more than twice not really. I own a couple ufc DVDs and this one is the one I least enjoyed. But don't get me wrong, this is a good DVD just not what I was looking for.
on December 21, 2008
The overall interface and fights are quite nice, exciting as well. Yet, some fights aren't in super high res as some other ones; for there were fights which didn't use to be broadcasted in HD back in the day. So the upscaled fights are really the only fights you can pick out the difference HD rez quality.

Overall: 8.5/10
on November 29, 2008
This package is loaded with fights that we have all seen many times before, but the quality and the narration is fantastic. Each fight has a lead in with the back-story of each fighter.

The fights have been listed by the previous reviewers, so there is no need to list them again. But the fights (except Jardine/Alexander and Sakara just laying down) are definately worth the purchase alone.

UFC at 1080p is fantastic. This is the first of many with the "Best of 2008" already slated for a March release. I'm sure they will put UFC 91 on blu-ray as well being that is the biggest (money making) fight in UFC history. I don't know if I can watch UFC in standard quality anymore :(
on November 17, 2008
I saw this at Best By on Saturday even though it's not released supposedly till tomorrow the 18th. My friend bought it since I had already pre-ordered mine from Amazon. The Picture quality is pretty good however some fights look better than others. All the TUF fights look great while the PPV fights while they are still high PQ they are not as crisp as the other fights. The timer is all fuzzy in them. Still a good buy though.
on November 29, 2008
...some of these fights you will probably already have seen, but it is well worth it to get for the video quality. This is a great looking BlueRay disc, and every single fight is a good watch. The only bad thing is that there are no special features, but who watches that anyway. Worth it for all the great fights and great video quality. (Review is for BluRay Disc version)/
on March 11, 2009
First time seeing fights in full hd. crisp picture. Blood looks intense. Rated 4 stars cuz only fights are shown. Can't wait till full events with fighter introduction is shown in hd.
on August 18, 2010
Most fights, the name of this disc lives up to its name. Best ending to some decent fights.
on October 16, 2009
Hands down, the outcome of Pete "Drago" Sell & Scott Smith was one of the best I've ever seen! Picture Quality is great in my opinion(No CGI here, just hands and feet flying!!). I recommend this as a must have for UFC & MMA fans alike! P.S: Jardine vs Alexander deserved to be on this disc. Alexander was on the brink of defeat at the opening seconds of the fight, and he pulled through. Looked like an Ultimate Comeback to me!