5,052 of 5,115 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars They're here.
I purchased this gizmo to play a prank on my husband Brad, who still prattles on about his "fourth-kind" encounter when he was just thirteen. (The 4th kind involves a probe, if you're wondering. I keep saying it was likely his redneck neighbor dressed as ET, but that possibility is too dreadful for him to truly accept.)

On the anniversary of Brad's alleged...
Published 13 months ago by George Takei

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star is Too Much for This Product
I don't know if this is a scam or if mine was broken, but it doesn't work and I am still getting abducted by UFO's on a regular basis.
Published 22 months ago by Cyphis

5,052 of 5,115 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars They're here., May 29, 2013
This review is from: UFO-02 Detector, magnetometer interfaced with micro controller for detecting magnetic anomalies.

On the anniversary of Brad's alleged abduction, I placed the device by our bedside, then set-up an electromagnetic wave generator under the bed, with a timer to go off right at midnight. (If you're wondering where to get one, I recommend the Skymall Catalog. I also picked up some Motivational posters and fake garden rock speakers to save on shipping. You're welcome.)

But back to my prank. It was all set to go, and I was as giddy as a six year old waiting for Santa. But like a typical six year old, I fell asleep before the damn thing went off. I awoke to the flashing of multiple LEDs from the UFO-02 Detector, and bolted up, eager to see Brad's petrified face. Aha!

But Brad wasn't there.

In fact, I wasn't even in our bedroom any more. Instead, I stood face-to-face with Leonardo da Vinci. Or perhaps it was Professor Dumbledore, I'm not really certain. In either event, It was a manifestation that the being I shall call the "Intelligence" had determined my brain would most easily accept for deliverance of The Message.

You see, the Intelligence had come to convey to us humans that the Imperative was nigh, that what we loosely dub the Singularity was only the beginning of a limitless existence unbounded by physical space and time, and that sugar-free alternatives are actually WORSE for us than the real deal. He made sure that last point was clear by making me repeat it twice.

When I came to, Brad was sound asleep in his tin foil hat, the UFO-02 detector was gone, and, sure enough, all of my Splenda had been replaced with little, brown raw sugar packets. When I tried to tell Brad about Leonardo/Dumbledore and The Message, he rolled over away from me, grumbling that I shouldn't eat so much ice cream or any dairy product before bed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Accurate and Faithful, December 29, 2010
This little gizmo is a bargain at twice the price and much more accurate than the voices in my head.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star is Too Much for This Product, September 7, 2012

1,593 of 1,674 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars A HUman Person From Earth Like You Hates Alien Detectors!, November 11, 2009
I, as a resonable and trUstworthy hUman, do not gleep nerp this ungood prodUct. Bad it is for Us hUmans to purchase and opperate this online pUrchasable prodUct.

As the person from Earth that I am, I think that all of my other fellow hUmans on Earth should immediately disUse and florgnify this Utterly Zorglefran, I mean bad item for bUying. Ha Ha. I am laughing with hUmor with the funny word I made up with my typing that I am not doing by direct thought extraction, and instant data transmission to Amazon.com website. Ha Ha. That was highly hUmoroUs and glerp.

UFO detectors are so dUmb because all humans from Earth like the one I am, know that we I mean they do not even exist! Ha Ha

Besides even if the alien friends did exist, who minds occassional anal probe for benefit of aliens that don't exist glerp science! I, as a resonable and trustworthy human person from Earth sure wouldn't mind helping our fUtUre overlords!

Do not bUy this prodUct.

5.0 out of 5 stars Something I never knew about myself, May 29, 2013
I must have been thinking "what the hell?" when I bought it on one of my drunk internet shopping sprees. Usually those are bad decisions which I end up returning. I'm not sure how I even came across this device.
When it came to my doorstep I scratched my head, asking myself, "Oh, good lord, what did I buy now?" When I cracked it open I had a good laugh. I couldn't resist testing it out.
The strangest thing happened. It went off. Like, it REALLY went off. There was no one around. My cat was in the far back room. So I shut it off and waited for my fiance to come home. I was with him when he turned it on and sure enough it acted possessed again. He was about to tinker with it to see where the problem was when I went outside to check our mailbox.
The moment I left the front door, it stopped. When I came back in, it lit up like the fourth of July.
Like any concerned person, I was wondering if there was something wrong with me. After several doctor appointments, cat scans, and psychological exams, I could think of no one else to turn to. Except the church.
The Church of Scientology, that is.
I found out I'm not alone. There are about 8 million of us thetans out there waiting to find our way back home, to each other.
My life is forever changed. Now when I look into the sky, I don't ask "are we alone?" Instead I look at the stars and see my long-lost home, from which I and my people were exiled.
Earth is a prison. Xenu be damned. If I ever find his wretched soul I will kill him.

2.0 out of 5 stars This not work!, March 7, 2011
We here. This thing not find us. It not work. We watch you from afar. You think, why we post on here? We post because we want become friend. We not like movie. We not want blow up congress. We not want steal water. We not want eat you. Most time not want put thing in butt. When human ready, we show you us. For now, we wait.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Told You!!!, November 30, 2007
So. How do you like that?
I am so tired of the looks and stupid questions. "Gee Grandpa, did they anally probe you?" Sure, keep laughing. It's all fun and games until they show up at your house. Let me tell you something else, TIN FOIL DOES NOT WORK. I don't care what your reptilian friends told you. It does not affect the subtle cloaking radiation that makes him appear human.

Sorry, I got side tracked from the review.

This amazing device gives ample warning and is HIGHLY ACCURATE. I had a pretty good idea of when there was abnormal activity in my area. BUT NOW, DAMN. Every time that I notice distorted sensory emissions, bang, the detector is going off! WOOT WOOT WOOT!

Last Tuesday, it was raining and I admit that it is much more difficult for me to hone in on the parapsychotical wave lengths in precipitation. The detector starts going "WOOT WOOT WOOT!" I reach for my divining rod (don't laugh, Johnny Mnemonic says, "go low tech.") and my proton pack. Sure enough, one of those b*stards was right in my living room!

Every day, I am thankful to own this piece of technology. Get yours soon.

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't appear to work, April 22, 2010
Joseph K (Milwaukee, WI) - See all my reviews
I don't think this product works at all. I've been using it for several weeks now and it's gone off a couple times in a big way, but they've all been false alarms.

About the second night after I first received this detector I remember it going off like crazy, right before I fell asleep. When I woke up the next morning, though I couldn't remember falling asleep, and my anus was really sore and I had sunburns on only one side of my body, there was no sign of any aliens.

I took this out to my uncle's farm in the country one evening, since I wanted to see how it worked away from all the electronic interference of the big city. It was again another huge false alarm. It again went off at night, and we again found no signs of aliens in the morning. My uncle and I noticed that some of his cattle and fallen over and accidentally disemboweled themselves, which my uncle was upset about. And some kids from his neighborhood flattened out some of his crops in an elaborate design, but we could see no signs of aliens.

Every time this thing goes off and I go outside to check out the sky, all I see are things like a weather balloons or unexplained atmospheric phenomena, but no aliens.

I would seriously recommend against purchasing this product.

2.0 out of 5 stars Hard to Modify, May 11, 2013
I was understandably excited when I discovered this product, having left some crucial gear behind when I had to abandon ship with little warning. Hey, it happens; at least I was able to grab my towel and guide on the way out.

I found myself stranded on this planet with no way to detect or signal passing craft. Not that there are likely to be many of these - the place is rather off the beaten path, and even my trusty guide has little to say about it. But sooner or later, someone will come, and I need to be prepared when that happens.

Amazon.com to the rescue! Thanks to this handy detector, I will surely know when a ship is in the neighborhood...now all I need is a means of signalling the ship.

To that end, I have been trying to modify the device to emit a signal. I first tried attaching it to a standard marine EPIRB. Imagine my surprise and excitement when the device went off and I thought salvation was at hand. Now imagine my disappointment and embarrassment when the EPIRB succeeded only in summoning a Coast Guard helicopter.

They didn't believe me, of course, and it took some time to convince them that I was not a danger to myself or others and to secure my release. I'll spare you the details; let's just say you people have no business accusing aliens of anal probes.

Now I'm back at work with my detector, hoping that either my next modification will be more successful or that Amazon.com will again come to the rescue with a passable electronic thumb.

I'm an optimist, so I know it is only a matter of time before this works out. My towel is ever at the ready. And I also know I'll be the hit of the galaxy with my Three Wolf Moon T-shirt!

4.0 out of 5 stars Works TOO well!, June 19, 2012
This product is lovely. It goes off every time that an alien is in the vicinity. The only problem is I can't seem to find a way to turn it off. It's rather too much when my friend John Smith comes over. He was trying to show me this lovely old police box, but this alarm would not shut off long enough for him to explain what it was that he was showing me. He must have some alien powder on him or something. I don't need my friends disturbed because this thing thinks their an alien! It would be especially bad because John has volunteered to take me on an adventure to "see the stars" (I think he's taking me to a planetarium.)

$74.95 $48.54