UGG Australia Women's Adirondack Black/Grey Leather Boot 8 M US
Size Name: 8 B(M) USColor Name: BlackChange
Price:$219.95 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on December 2, 2011
This pair of boots lasted me three and a half winters of everyday wear to work.
While standing on cement floors for hours or walking outside in Minnesota's snowy frigid conditions my feet always stayed dry and warm.
My Ugg Adirondacks took everyday beating of walking trough puddles and snowdrifts,being accidentally watered,bumping into hard stuff and stepping onto sharp stuff, I also put at least few miles on them daily.
Finally they gave up on me recently,leather cracked right above ball of my foot.But I have to mention mine are older version of this boot from four years ago without all the raised reinforced stitching in that area,soo I guess Ugg makes it even better now.
I think Vibram rubber outsole of this boot isn't any better than for example my Ultimate Short Ugg's outsole.But than again you slip and slide in Minnesota conditions no matter how good your boots are.
Excellent high quality comfortable durable warm boots that saved me a lot of money,because usually I have to buy a pair every year.
I am getting my second pair for Christmas this year.Can't wait!

P.S.
So I got my second pair and a little disappointed.They used to line whole boot with sheepskin, now they do only sheepskin insole and around top of ankles,rest is some sort of synthetic material they call eVent fabric.It is supposed to be :" patented technology, millions of tiny pores are able to breathe at their full potential, allowing sweat to vent directly to the outside of the fabric in one easy step. "
It is not nearly as warm and cushy as real sheepskin and,in my opinion, has same venting capability if not worse.
on December 13, 2013
Verified Purchase
I have owned Ugg boots in the past and have been so pleased with the quality and warmth of the shearling fur. Therefore, I was quite surprised when I received these boots and found the fur on the visible cuff that also is used in the upper two thirds of the inner boot lining to be fake and not real shearling.

I reread the description and now notice the only shearling in the boot is the on the removable foot bed liner (which is real shearling but the fur is trimmed to approximately 1/4").

For this price, I did expect the long fur shown in the photos to be real fur and not fake plastic fur. The boots, therefore, do not keep me warm as authentic shearling would. Sending them back. I can get boots with fake fur for a much cheaper price than $240.

Not sure why Ugg would cut major corners like this when their real shearling boots are why most people purchase their products.
1111 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 5, 2009
Size Name: Medium / 9 B(M) USColor Name: Otter
I had been wanting these boots for a couple of years but living in SC couldn't quite justify the cost. Then when I had save the money I couldn't find them in my size. Almost at the last minute I received a ticket to the Inauguration of President Obama and I thought I really need those boots! My size appeared on the Amazon site and I received them in time to head up to DC.

These Adirondack boots allowed me to walk wherever I wanted to - you saw the crowds - for as long as I wanted to. And standing in lines from 5am until the ceremony in single digit temperatures. My feet, therefore all of me, were warm and comfortable all weekend long.

The other amazing thing about the boots is that they don't make your feet hot in warm controlled environments. Since I was packing light for my flight I wore the boots on the plane. On my return flight I was at the airport for 10 hours and never felt like I needed to get them off my feet.

I just love my ugg boots!!!!
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I love my Uggs! I decided to get this particular style because everyone has the original style. I enjoy being different. I wear them with boot cut Levi jeans and they look great. I even wore them to a night club and I received so many compliments. They are very fashionable, if you live in NYC. They are very comfortable and warm as well. 90% of the time I wear them without socks. I wear a size 8 1/2 but I purchased a size 8 because they run a little big. They are worth the money and I can tell they hold up well in snow. Thanks Amazon and Uggs!
on January 15, 2011
Size Name: 8 B(M) USColor Name: BlackVerified Purchase
This is another great boot from Ugg. We just had 24" of snow in CT and the snow boots I had were in need of replacing quick because more snow is coming. I choose Ugg for the quality and comfort. Figuring these would meet up to these standards, like the other Ugg boots I have, I decided to give these a try. I am a size 7 1/2 and I ordered a size 8. They are a perfect fit (Uggs are made to wear in bear feet. I don't like to wear socks so that's perfect for me). Keep in mind these will not stretch out. I ordered the Black and Gray, the boot is all black and the gray is a top stripe and gray in the lining (just as pictured). These are very comfortable and the sole is made for traction and anti-slip. These are a stylist winter boot that does not give you that manly look.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 8, 2013
Size Name: 7.5 B(M) USColor Name: pineneedleVerified Purchase
A couple of years ago, I bought a fantastic pair of expensive hiking boots. I loved them--until I finally wore them in below-freezing temps (below zero, even). While being completely warm everywhere and with waterproof boots on, inevitably my feet would sweat while hiking through snow with snowshoes on and, in turn, would eventually freeze. It's always very miserable with frozen feet.

Since then, I've been on the lookout for a truly insulated boot that is still waterproof and has actual breathability.

So far, the Adirondack fits the bill. I'll admit, I haven't had a chance to go traipsing through zero degree temps with them yet, but the bit of everyday testing I've put these boots through in our cold and snowy weather seem to make the cut so far: very warm, insulated, and quite dry. I am ALWAYS complaining about cold feet with all kinds of boots so I'm extremely pleased so far.

FYI, on the safe side, I sprayed the boots with a couple of coats of Scotch Guard.

As for the fit, while I've never had my feet officially sized but after trying on shoes over the years, I'm under the impression that I have a slightly narrow foot but that has never stopped me from wearing anything with a "normal" width. My foot fits a size 7 best but my long toes fit better in size 7.5 closed shoes. So far, my toes do just lightly touch the toe box but comfortably so with medium weight socks on--it likely will touch less as the padding becomes slightly compressed over time. Since I have a higher arch than the average person (I LOVE wearing Chaco and Sanita shoes), I wouldn't mind additional arch support but that should be easy enough to fix by slipping something under the removable insole if needed.

Regarding looks, it's definitely more "feminine" than my other pair hiking boots--they're not as bulky and much more flexible. I merely went with the pineneedle color based on price (close to $100 less than the more popular color choices). It's a bit more green than I was expecting but I really like the overall look of the boot.

Overall? Easily a 5-star rating from this cold-footed girl in Montana.
on December 25, 2012
Size Name: 8 B(M) USColor Name: BlackVerified Purchase
I saw these online and thought they were pretty nice so I took a gamble knowing my wife is super picky. I will admit when she opened the box she didnt realize the quality right away and started to say how she doesn't like the fur flaps...I said just put them on!! When she slipped them in her eyes lit up. The fur flaps fold up and they almost look like a pair of doc's. they are made of all leather and are super comfy. Needless to say she hasn't taken them off since and tells me how they made her Xmas shopping so great because her feet were being hugged the whole time. Great buy !!! Great product !!
on January 23, 2011
Size Name: 9 B(M) USColor Name: SandVerified Purchase
Really love these boots! They are warm, stylish, and light weight. Had Columbia boots in a similar style previously, but they were clunky and bulky, I hated to wear them, and actually would only wear them if I was going out to hike or sled. These Ugg boots dont have that clunky chunky bulky Frankenstein feel to them. Not only do they keep me warm and dry and stylish running errands aroung town, but I have also worn them hiking Mt. Mitchell NC in 3 feet of snow and temps of 16 degrees, and my feet were warm, dry and comfortable. Prior to purchasing these boots I did read other reviews and some indicated that they felt they ran bigger and recommended ordering a size down, I did not follow this suggestion, and am thankful I didnt. I usually wear an 8.5, sometimes a 9. I ordered a 9, they are very slightly "roomy" but I dont think these will stretch out like my regular Uggs, so I think a size down would have resulted in a return. I give these 4 stars because I feel they are a bit too pricey, so they dont earn 5 stars in my book.
on November 15, 2011
Size Name: Medium / 9 B(M) USColor Name: OtterVerified Purchase
Okay, I was very disappointed. These boots were too small and I had to send them back and order bigger ones. Nevertheless as I wait for the larger size to come. A size 91/2, Im impatient with anticipation. I was tempted to keep the slightly too small boots because I just didnt want to give them up.
Theyre beautiful and when my barefoot slid in the sheepskin liner, it was like eating 50 lbs of creamy chocolate, only better.I really loved these boots.
The seller is very gracious, and had no problem with me returning them.Its unfortunate I had to order the half size bigger from a different seller as they didnt carry half sizes, but I will buy from them again as I have a real thing for shoes, and I liked everything about this seller. I sent the boots back with tracking and insurance and have been promised a fast refund. Ill update after I receive it.
I normally wear a size 9 but found these boots a little on the small size. I would suggest you order a little bigger than normal.You have to look around to find the half sizes. I have one freak show foot a little bigger than the other and my one big toe was too cramped in my normal size. Love love love these boots.
If you can find it in your budget, think of them as an investment in warm , dry comfortable feet.And buy them from this seller if you can
UPDATE
Okay Ive now worn these a few times in a big slushy mess. I was barefoot inside the boot. My feet stayed dry and warm , boots were totally water proof. Love these boots. they rock.
on January 8, 2011
Size Name: 9 B(M) USColor Name: SandVerified Purchase
My experience with the Uggs product have been wonderful. My first pair of Uggs was bought before they became popular. Keep your feet warm and you don't have to wear a lot of socks, if any. The adirondacks are warm, light weight and because I'm older I need the light weight. I recommend them to young and old.