Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 22, 2011 7:02:52 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 23, 2011 5:53:19 AM PST
Reading through various reviews and comments there seems to be some people annoyed that they have received the UK version. This is to confirm to buyers that the contents are EXACTLY the same as the USA version. Both Warner Brothers and Universal Blu-rays released worldwide are Region Free ABC. All that is different is the packaging and disc label. You get the same film transfer, same extras, same audio and same subtitles as the discs used in the USA. Any SD content is always in the 480i or 480p format. Yes, you may have to put up with many age rating logos and other languages printed on the disc, but this isn't important while you're watching the film. I have scanned two Blu-rays of films I bought in the UK:

http://www.freewebs.com/sizzlingsam01/blu-rays.jpg

As you can see, it is normal. For some reason a LOT of Blu-rays are cheaper in the UK, so you're better off looking at Amazon's UK website before ordering in the US. Your login details and payment details are the same as the US website. Also VAT (sales tax) of 20% will be taken off at the payment screen as you reside outside the EU. They even write "Region Free" in the title of a lot of Blu-rays. Some deals I bought recently on the UK website:

Superman Anthology - £24.99 with VAT (about $39) vs. Superman: The Motion Picture Anthology, 1978-2006 [Blu-ray]

Harry Potter 8 Film Set - £32.30 with VAT (about $51) vs. Harry Potter: The Complete Collection Years 1-7 [Blu-ray]

Alien Anthology - £13.99 with VAT (about $22) vs. Alien Anthology [Blu-ray]

The Pacific / Band of Brothers - Limited Edition Gift Set - £36.47 with VAT (about $57) vs. Band of Brothers / The Pacific (Special Edition Gift Set) [Blu-ray]

If on the other hand if you don't want age rating logos and other languages printed on your packaging and discs keep buying the USA versions. The only one laughing all the way to the bank are the film companies with your hard-earned extra dollars.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  Nov 22, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 22, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Batman Legacy (Four Film Giftset) [VHS]
The Batman Legacy (Four Film Giftset) [VHS] by Michael Keaton (VHS Tape - 2001)
4.4 out of 5 stars (809)