ASUS UL80Vt-A1 14-Inch Thin and Light Black Laptop (11.5 Hours of Battery Life)
Used & New from: $399.00
UL30vt? An Anandtech review from a couple of months ago noted that a 13" model of this type would be available. Will we have to wait longer for a 13" with Turbo overclock features?
asked by Michael Melton on October 18, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 355 answers
A
You will most likely not see switchable dedicated graphics on the 13" model in North America this year.
JP answered on October 18, 2009
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Damn. But you said 'this year'. Do you have any idea if and when it might happen? Because I would really love that laptop, and I might consider waiting if I can. I'm surviving with my 1000HE for now, but I do need a bit more screen space for my work (without compromising portability by going over 4lbs), and if I can get the dedicated graphics and Turbo33 with it, that would be wonderful.
Osman answered on October 18, 2009

A
Dear ASUS,
Any chance of a UL30vt with backlit keyboard in my lifetime? I'm pretty old, so we are talking a small window.
joham answered on October 18, 2009
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
[Deleted by the author on Oct 18, 2009 11:45:34 AM PDT]

A
[Deleted by the author on Oct 18, 2009 11:45:22 AM PDT]

A
ASUS UL80Vt-A1 14-Inch Black Laptop - 11.5 Hours of Battery Life (Windows 7 Home Premium)

I have to say I am very disappointed in the UL80VT. I was expecting thin and light, instead it is over 1 lb heavier than the ul30 and the ul50 is only .4 lbs heavier than the ul80, this does not make sense to me, oh and also the 15 inch model is thiner and cheaper with the same video card specs.

Why did you have to make the 14 inch one bulky? I was looking forward to this model, I pre-ordered and then I cancelled because I am not sure I want to spend 850 on something I am not confident with.

Thanks, but no thanks ASUS
Venk Seelam answered on October 18, 2009

A
If you can remove the disk drive and make it thinner for me on the ul80vt, then I will buy it. I would buy it if it is around 4.2 lbs at the heaviest. I am sorry but if I want something portable, it needs to be light weight.
Venk Seelam answered on October 18, 2009

A
Count another vote for wanting a UL30vt (with backlit keyboard!)

The UL80vt is too heavy, and too thick due to the optical drive that I don't want.

I also currently have the 1000HE and have decided not to make a purchase now that the UL30vt isn't stateside-bound. I will hold off to see what the Acer Timeline series brings, or if anyone else bring something like the UL30vt to the table. If you guys are going to make it I don't understand why it wouldn't be released in the US. Obviously people want it.
S. McFarland answered on October 18, 2009

A
If you do find news of any other models close to what a ul30vt should have been, do let me know.

I completely agree. The ul80vt simply breaks out of the thin and light form. It's disproportionately heavy compared to the other models. I was SO freaking excited with news of the UL30 at how thin it was, and when I learned about the turbo and discrete graphics features, I knew I had to have one. Imagine my disappointment to discover that it wasn't going to be offered. At least not unless you go for the bigger, bulkier model which takes away from the portability that first brought me into it. Mr. Asus, you've taken me from a =) to a =(
Put in a good word for us, will you? Put the ideas in the right places, tell the higher-ups what us consumers want! Do it for us, your loyal customers!
Osman answered on October 18, 2009

A
Osman,

Check out the HP DM3T series. It's got dedicated video in the NVDIA 105M, 13.3" screen, same processor as the UL30 series (and an option for the SP9300), <1" thick and 4.2lb - and about $800 with the 105M, 4GB/250GB. Ten hours of battery life.
S. McFarland answered on October 18, 2009
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   ...   36   Next ›

See all questions about this product