Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now May4th

on October 29, 2013
I have a Nikon D300 camera which only works with CF card. I had three different USB 2.0 card readers, one of them was Sandisk multi-card reader. All of them were extremely slow on my Macbook with USB 2.0. Sandisk one was the fastest, which took about 20 minutes to copy 8GB from CF - that is, if it doesn't lose connection during transfer. This one took 4 minutes. I guess this one utilizes 100% of USB 2.0, and pretty sure that it will be much faster on USB 3.0. (Too sad that I don't have anything which support USB 3.0 yet.) By the way, it is not cheap plastic. It's made with anodized aluminum and goes really well with my Macbook Pro.

Highly recommended. Don't by generic junks. This one is the real deal.
on December 11, 2013
After installing a USB 3.0 card in my computer, I wanted some way to start using multiple 3.0 devices which is why I made this purchase. It was very easy to set up and I do get much faster speeds through it that I did with 2.0.

The only issue I have with this unit is that I can't have something in the SD slot and USB slot at the same time. For example when I have a flash drive plugged in, and then put in a SD card nothing happens. If I remove the flash drive and then plug in the SD card it comes right up. This is a minor annoyance but keeps it from getting a perfect rating.
55 comments|28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 5, 2013
I wanted a way to get to my USB 3 ports easily and read SD and CF cards. I put this on the edge of my desk using double-stick tape and it works perfectly so I don't have to reach the back of the computer. It's been perfectly reliable with cards and with all the USB 3 and 2 devices I've used it with. The ports on top are spaced well to accommodate large USB Flash sticks without blocking access to the other ports.
on October 24, 2013
I've bought several competing products before, and often they stink. (1.2Mbps or 12Mbps performance has been common)

This unit is the first I've seen which actually made me gasp at the speed with which my CF and SD cards dumped data onto my computer. It's way affordable and zippy-fast, which means I couldn't be happier!
on January 8, 2014
I use the reader with my 2009 Mac Pro and it reads the images from the SD card in my Canon 7D camera in so fast that it's almost like watching a movie.
on March 29, 2014
With all these new 3.0 devices around, I needed more plug-in space. I read a lot of reviews and I found that a lot of units just can't handle the power requirement for USB 3.0 devices. This unit is excellent. I have several USB 3.0 & 2.0 devices connected and none of them have failed or become intermittent for any reason. I especially like that they are powered outputs. I would buy another one of these again without hesitation and would highly recommend it to others. Especially if you have problems with devices dropping out or not being recognized, I'm quite sure this unit will fix that problem for you. I've connected this, BTW to an Intel PC running Windows 8.1. Read some review(s) regarding incompatibility with 8.1. That is false. There are no issues here. Highly recommended, five stars all the way.
on January 19, 2015
I usually load images directly from my camera, or from the SD card reader on my Macbook. I bought this since I thought it would be a faster option. Instead, it damaged my 32 gb SD card, and ate 3 days of raw images. Now I've had to spend $60 on a recovery program. Thankfully, it looks like I can get my images back. Whether the SD card itself can be salvaged, I don't know. Basically what happened is that every time I plugged in this card reader, it shut off and then sometimes on but never long enough to load images. When I removed the card and tried it in my macbook card reader and then again in my camera, it read as blank. Speechless.

If the card is also wrecked, this little "time saver" will have cost me well over $100 and 8 agonizing hours of freaking out over these lost images.
on February 27, 2014
Warning: - the company only lets you register this if you bought it in Hong Kong... and I live in Chicago, so no support was offered to fix or even ask a question.

CF card reader did not work in any circumstance - multiple platforms, multiple devices, multiple cards.
Also, it will not recognize multiple ports if more than one card is in - it chooses one over the other.

Too bad, because it was exactly what I was looking for.

So it's back to my 5 year old plastic, unergonomic, yet dependable Sandisk multi card reader!
on March 29, 2016
I love the design of this USB port! The fact that it provides a 3.0 3 Port Hub and has a MicroSD card reader is too cool ''''' This is going to come in so handy and the fact that you can just plug and play and that there is no driver installation needed really impresses me.
I'm putting in for a second order right now to give to my brother because as much as he loves Electronics I know he's really going to enjoy this!
It is so sleek looking.. With its silver aluminum look and the slim round size of it with all of its functionality.. I mean come on really you don't need anything else! This is definitely a high recommendation in my opinion '
If what you have read has been of use to you, could you be so kind as to hit the helpful button below? This would help me out a great deal and I would appreciate it very much ' Also I entered seeing if what I've posted, has helped others fun making their own decision on this product others.
In exchange for my honest unbiased review, I did receive this product at a lower price. All that is stated here is that of my own and of my own free will. I only purchase, testout and review products that I feel..are worthwhile in quality and recommendation.
Thank you for reading and for your time '
review image review image review image review image
on January 23, 2014
Received this unit yesterday - so far it has failed to communicate with an MS Surface Pro 2 Win 8.1 (USB 3.0), Lenovo Miix 2 8.1 (USB 2.0), HP all-in-one Win 7 (USB 2.0) and HP Envy notebook Win 7 USB 3.0. I also purchased a iXCC ® 4 Port USB 3.0 Hub for MacBook Air, Surface Pro, and Windows 8 Tablet / Black Bus-Powered Super Speed Compact Hub [VIA VL812 Chipset, Built-in 2 Feet USB 3.0 Cable] - it is working great. Of course the latter is bus powered but that would not impact the connectivity. I will return this Unitek hub to Amazon - plug and play it is not. It should be 0 stars.

I bought the Unitek because of its 5V 4A power supply and lower relative percentage of negative reviews compared to other manufacturers. It is annoying and inconvenient to have to return this unit. It seems that many/most items manufactured in China have a high failure percentage rate.