1,270 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars QCell delivers this time
I've tested a number of batteries for the GS3 and now starting with the GN2 with a CBA-III/CBA-IV battery analyzer. It's become a personal project of mine since the last QCell battery I got had plastic spacers inside where other batteries had battery. I'm glad to report that this battery appears to be legitimate.

I'm kind of surprised and concerned to see that...
Published on November 16, 2012 by longcat

1.0 out of 5 stars Not rated at 2300mAh - False Advertising
I rarely leave product reviews but based on misleading product description and likely fake 5 star ratings, I felt more inclined to do so.

Published on August 13, 2012 by Henry

5.0 out of 5 stars QCell delivers this time, November 16, 2012
longcat (Brooklyn, NY) - See all my reviews

I'm kind of surprised and concerned to see that I'm the first verified reviewer for this battery. All the other reviewers came out of the woodwork making their first reviews on amazon for a product they got elsewhere...

I've included a chart from my test results comparing the Hyperion and QCell batteries in my first comment - and they're practically equal. QCell delivers about 3200mAh per battery with a 500mA load. With a higher load of 2000mA, the rating would be about 3125mAh capacity.

The included charger has a usb charging port and is no worse or better than any other brand's included charger -- or any of the GS3's chargers. It appears to be the same as the GS3 charger, but with the prongs rotated counter-clockwise 90 degrees so the battery sticks out to the right. This means that it's slow as ever - and will take longer to charge than a GS3 battery because the battery has higher capacity.

This battery delivers what it promises, but I'm concerned about the number of first time reviewers that just had to comment on how great the battery is. Based on battery capacity alone, I would recommend it.

Based on the practices of QCell I have seen: small cells in batteries and filling the space with plastic, campaign downvoting of negative reviews and revealing customer pictures, spamming the customer images to hide revealing photos, putting sockpuppet 1-star first-review reviews on competitors products, putting positive sockpuppet 5-star first-review reviews on their products, I would never recommend a QCell product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great!, July 26, 2012
This review is from: QCELL 2X SAMSUNG GALAXY SIII 2100MAH BATTERY + FREE UNIVERSAL BATTERY CHARGER (COMPATIBLE WITH SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 GT-I9300, SPRINT L710, VERIZON I535, T-MOBILE T999, AT&T SAMSUNG I747, U.S. CELLULAR R530)**WITH NFC CAPABILITIES FOR S BEAM & GOOGLE WALLET** (Wireless Phone Accessory)
The batteries and the external battery charger both work great so far. The batteries are exactly what I was looking for and include NFC. I also own an Anker battery and these QCell batteries have just as good battery life, if not better, and the best part is I don't have to sacrifice NFC with the QCell batteries. The charger brings all of my batteries to 100% as well. The Anker external universal charger only charges the batteries to around 93%.

These are the best replacement batteries on the market at the moment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, August 4, 2012
I bought the Q-cell 2 battery/charger package about 2 weeks ago, it shipped quickly. The batteries do indeed have NFC just as the OEM batteries, and I use NFC daily. They fit exactly as the OEM batteries and seem to have similar battery life. I can't quantify it, but I don't notice a difference on battery life whether using the original battery or the Qcell, in fact, I usually don't know/remember which battery I have in the phone unless I look. I would say 2300mAh is probably not accurate, I would say they are probably 2100mAh, same as the stock battery.

The charger does take a long time to charge the batteries, about 8 hours from 10% to 100%, but it does charge the batteries completely. There are no instructions in the package, and they are just in plain boxes. I did find the the charger LED is purple while charging, and turns blue when the battery is fully charged. The wall charger has a USB out to allow you to use a usb/micro-usb to charge your phone directly, however based on how long it takes to charge the spare battery in the charger, I haven't tried to charge a phone directly, seems like it would take forever.

Overall, I think this is a great value for $25.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not rated at 2300mAh - False Advertising, August 13, 2012

After using this product for more than a week, I noticed battery life was not nearly as good as my stock OEM Samsung battery. I did not do any scientific testing, just regular day to day use. I would average approximately 15 hours on my stock battery while averaging only 10 hrs on the QCell Batteries.

I took it upon myself to peel open the sticker and found that these batteries show 2100mAh on the actual inside of the battery. While this is still good the fact that it rated at OEM specs, I find it very misleading that the seller is advertising these as 2300mAh.

Please take this in consideration when purchasing these batteries. They are not rated as what is advertised and I'm still not getting nearly as good battery life as with the OEM.

I will upload a picture for reference.

Update 08/13/12: Immediately after leaving this review, it already got a "0 out of 1 people found the following review helpful". Looks like this company QCell is on top of all these reviews. Due to this, I am changing my initial 2 star rating to 1 star now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does it work? Yes! Buuuuut....detailed review/tests below, March 1, 2013
After a few weeks with this battery & running extensive tests (results are below) I needed to see if this really worked

So being that its 4100mAh & stock is 1800mAh, does it double (or more) the performance over stock? ... yes & no ! You'll get the most if your phone is ROOTED! Simply because the built in battery meter is not calibrated to this and unless your phone is rooted there is no way to do it. So when your phone gets to 0% it turns off even though you battery may actually have power. Plus when you charge it to 100% and unplug it, it immediately goes down to like 95%. Everything below was done WITHOUT using root to calibrate device. So if you are not rooted no problem but everything changed for me when I did everything below and THEN calibrated it through root! a BIG difference.

Ok so here we go...... NOT including gaming, if you are a heavy user such as talking, using a bluetooth device during most of your calls, watching videos & taking pics, then you will get about a 30-40% increase over stock. If you are minimalist & only text (even quite a bit) & do some surfing or social media posting stuff WITHOUT talking much or watching vids/playing games, then you should get about 80-110% better than stock.

Some tips to get the most out of this battery:
1. Before you begin, disable any battery "extender" apps you may have like JUICE DEFENDER, turn off all of its options or just uninstall it altogether if you're not sure.
2. This battery has to be charged fully & fully discharged 6 times! So charge it when you get it & let it run out to the point that the phone shuts off on its own thru normal use then do this 5 more times.
3. During this "break in" period while its charging try not to use it & make sure you turn off wifi, Bluetooth, etc during the charge.

4. When it has discharged for the 6th time & you charge it back up again, I STRONGLY recommend an app that will calibrate itself & show you power stats. I use Battery HD, it has a score of 4.7 in app store & its free. This app is NOT a battery saver its just to monitor, give you stats & for calibrating. Ok so if you are NOT rooted these apps stats will reflect this battery's capabilities, HOWEVER, the phone's built in meter will NOT be calibrated by these apps. So even though your phone's life will be extended, it seems that unless you calibrate the BATTERY.ini file or it gets deleted so it has to reinstall itself and "adapt" itself to this new battery then you won't reach the numbers these apps reflect. When the battery shows 0 your phone shuts down even though this battery may still have power.

5. Calibrate this battery using whatever app you got, some apps take 1-1.5 hours to calibrate, DON'T use the phone at all during this time. That's it.. you're done! ....after that If you are rooted then run an app that will calibrate the .INI file mentioned above

So after all the above was done, I charged up the stock battery fully & jotted down some stats, then I made sure this battery was fully charged , calibrated it & compared stats to stock. Here are the results using some of the key stat categories. All stats are from the Battery HD app (results are in hour/minutes format)

Music (already downloaded & using headphones) - Stock 11:22 .... Qcell 30.57

Talk time (on 3G & not using BT or speaker) - Stock 4:44 .... Qcell 7.48

Watching videos/movies - Stock 8:15 .... Qcell 15.50

2D gaming - Stock 2.22 .... Qcell 3.58

3D gaming - Stock 1.28 .... Qcell 2.30

Take photos - Stock 4.08 ... Qcell 6.55

Using LED as Flashlight - Stock 2.28 .... Qcell 2.28 (same?)

These are just SOME stats, Battery HD shows a lot more but I wanted you guys to get an idea. Most everything increased & some doubled or more. Your results will vary of course depending on use, how long you keep BT & Wifi running, brightness settings, installed apps... etc etc. There are also differences in power consumption you many not know that alter battery life too...streaming music via wifi uses less than using your 4G network. Using an app to text like "Whatsapp" which uses wifi (when available) to send messages instead of your network 3G/4G also uses less power. The stats above are assuming you have only the minimum of what you'll need running.

Ok since this post I fully charged this battery and then installed "Easy Battery Calibration" which is for rooted phones. Now it is calibrated correctly!! and it lasts forever! The stock calibration cuts down the life. now I get double or more life for everything!! Amazing. with some light texting and wifi on for half of the time and about 15mins of surfing I'm at 73% and the last charge was 17.5 hours ago!

5.0 out of 5 stars NFC does work on Galaxy S3, July 19, 2012
These work great with my Verizon S3 phones and I have tested the NFC capabilities using S Beam. Beware of other S3 replacement batteries. Besides Samsung, this is the only one I could find that supports NFC. The battery life is as good or better than the original Samsung battery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great battery life on the Gnex, February 10, 2012
If you want a battery that can get you through a whole day with NO recharging.....this is the one! Most days of moderate use end with battery still in the mid 60% range. Even on demanding use days it never gets below 50%. My GSM Galaxy Nexus loves this battery!

P.S. The battery and cover only add about 1/4 inch in thickness.....not too bad!

4.0 out of 5 stars I am a believer now., March 22, 2012
I bought this battery with the expectation of having improved battery life immediately, but after a couple days I was disappointed. The battery seemed to have about the same discharge rate as the standard battery that came with the phone, even while using the Advanced Task Killer Pro App. I read other reviews about the battery needing to charge and discharge about 5 - 6 times before the full effect of the product would kick in. To my surprise on the seventh day of using this battery it was like a switch was turned on. That morning I took the phone off the charger, checked Facebook, email, and browsed the web for about 15 mins. On my way to work I had a conversation with my wife for 10 mins or so. I put the phone on my desk at work and didn't use it at all for about two hours. I then checked the battery percentage on the phone and to my surprise it was at 97%! I was shocked. Anyone with the GS2 Skyrocket knows that this thing eats batteries for breakfast and to have 97% of the battery left after a few hours is amazing. To wrap this up after 1 day, 1 hr and 31 seconds, my battery is at 44% and this is with moderate use.

5.0 out of 5 stars NO NEED TO LOOK ELSEWHERE......THIS IS IT!!, June 20, 2012
If you own an LG Connect, this QCell extended battery is definitely a must have. Better yet if you're thinking of purchasing an LG Connect, buy this battery first that way you have them both at the start. Because to be honest you will not enjoy all the features the phone has to offer due to the fact it can't stay on long enough. The stock battery is a JOKE!! LG Connect owners can relate with that statement. I LOVED MY LG CONNECT from the first time I slid my finger across that screen.....lousy battery included. I LOVE IT even more now that I have this QCell battery installed on it. The performance I got out of it right out the box was phenomenal. It came in with a 75% charge. I charged it enough to get it to 100%. Went to work at 5 p.m. that day. Didn't get home until 12 hrs later and I still had 61% juice left on the battery. Are you kidding me? That is GREAT!! I also use the "4G Toggle" widget to save on battery juice by cutting off the LTE when not in use...which is most of the time. With that said this phone STILL performs well in 3G mode so you really can't go wrong.

Lastly, this is simply a great product to have. Your money will be well spent...TRUST ME!!! Don't buy some of those EBAY batteries made in China because they are of LOW QUALITY and don't last at all. Take my word for it. I've purchased a couple of them and wish I could retrieve my money. Don't shortchange your full experience & enjoyment of owning an LG Connect. The last thing you should be worried about is a weak battery. This will definitely put your mind at ease.....I know it did for me....

Thank You.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best Epic 4G touch extended battery., June 12, 2012
I have tried the other two brands avaiailable in amazon, and they are no where near the performance of this battery. I charged my phone on Sunday morning; it is tuesday afternoon and I still have some charge left (15%). THis battery is amazing. I will update this review after a few weeks of use/testing to make sure it continues to perform amazingly.