4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful Broth!
I'm grateful for the Unjury Chicken Soup broth, because I'm on a clear liquid diet and it allows me to have a substantial amount of protein (26 g) in just 8 oz of clear liquid.

Published on June 27, 2010 by Punchynerd

1.0 out of 5 stars The worst instant ramen flavour EVAR!
Unjury makes a great protein powder in terms of quality and bioavailablity, but the chicken soup flavour is like the worst instant ramen noodles flavour packet taste ever.
Get the unflavoured and mix in chicken broth.
Also, buy direct from the company, its cheaper and you get a discount on orders with multiple canisters.
Published on March 18, 2011 by RawWit

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful Broth!, June 27, 2010
Punchynerd (NEW YORK, NY, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: UNJURY Chicken Soup Whey Protein - Container (Health and Beauty)

Be careful not to use especially hot water or the powder won't dissolve properly. I usually put the water in the microwave for 15 seconds, pour it into my measuring cup to measure out 8 oz (which also releases a little heat) and then mix in the scoop.

In order to take this with me as I'm around town, I purchased a little baby formula dispenser that holds exactly the right amount of the powder. I just carry the dispenser with a travel mug and shake/stir it up with warm water.

I just wish I had ordered more - there aren't that many servings in the container, and since this broth constitutes most of my meals, I've been using it up too fast! (Placing another order today...)

The broth is delicious, but I'm only giving it 4 stars because Unjury really should allow us to add salt to taste - the sodium is waaay higher than I can even tolerate.

Otherwise, it's great and I highly recommend it to anyone who is pre-op and on a clear liquid diet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unjury protein powder, March 23, 2010
I wish I'd known about unjury a year ago when I first had my WLS surgery, this product is fantastic. If you have ever tried protien supplements you will understand my amazement when I tell you that you can mix it with a spoon. There is NO aftertaste and you can use it in a warm drink or soup.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Protein Powder, October 14, 2010
I bought the Unjury Protein Chicken Soup Flavor and it is very good. The only problem for me was the sodium content....if you are watching your sodium intake....read this label carefully. I mixed this in thinned tomato soup and it made the soup even better!!

1.0 out of 5 stars The worst instant ramen flavour EVAR!, March 18, 2011
RawWit "amy" (San Jose, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Get the unflavoured and mix in chicken broth.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tastes good, great protein boost, November 24, 2010
After surgery, I have needed to have at least 60g of protein each day. That's not always been easy, given restrictions on what I can eat. However, this product is wonderful! The taste is very good. Plus, one 8-oz. serving has 21g of protein... just over 1/3 of what I need in one whole day!

The only thing to be aware of is something that they print clearly on the container. DO NOT mix this in hot water, because hot water will cause the protein supplement in the soup to clump together, making the soup "chunky." Not a good thing! However, mixing this in warm water solves this one dilemma.

I whole-heartedly recommend this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, July 22, 2010
I had WLS and needed a good protein...This tastes just like Lipton Chix Noodle Soup!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great taste, really high sodium, May 19, 2011
I was hesitant to try this, especially since the instructions preclude mixing in a hot liquid. However, the recommended 130 degrees is plenty warm enough to evoke the chicken soup/comfort food response. The flavor is very good, like high quality chicken stock. Unfortunately, the sodium count is through the roof, at nearly 800mg. This would be a stable in my post-surgery diet if it weren't for that fact. Unfortunately, the sodium is a deal breaker for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice change from the sweet protein powders, October 29, 2011
I had a sleeve gastrectomy 12 weeks ago, and am still consuming 2 protein drinks per day. This is a nice change fro he sweet protein powders. Make sure the water is not too hot because it will de-nature the protein and make it clumpy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great clear protein alternative, July 12, 2011
Nina (Northern New England) - See all my reviews
I am pleasantly surprised by the taste of this product. I find it a bit strong when mixed to directions, I use about 2/3 of a scoop to 8 oz.
If you mix it with just barely warm water, about 2 oz of it, to dissolve, then you can add hot water as you wish. I am mixing it with 1/2 pkg of creamy chicken soup to go (Campbell's packet) on occasion to make it creamier.I'll use this for a long time. Now that I know how good it is, I only wish it were available for prime shipping and on subscription!

I'm also using this to give my elderly mother in law more protein in her diet. I make soup using this product, some egg noodles and a can of chicken. She loves it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprised!, January 20, 2013
So I honestly wasn't holding out much hope for this product because how could it really taste that good? But lots of people on various weight loss forums and on youtube had proclaimed how great it was so I figured what the heck I'll give it a shot. I have to tell you, not only does it taste like chicken noodle soup (without the noodles), but it tastes like good chicken noodle soup! It's very easy to drink, tasty and if you're recovering from weight loss surgery and looking to get in your required fluid and protein for the day, this is a 2 birds with one stone solution. I'm about to buy another one right now....

UNJURY Chicken Soup Whey Protein - Container
UNJURY Chicken Soup Whey Protein - Container by ProSynthesis Laboratories, Inc.
Out of stock