Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

VINE VOICEon July 26, 2009
Back in high school I usually had my UNO cards handy for the tame get togethers like youth group, so I was kind of interested to see this computerized version. This one is meant for a normal PC, and since I don't have a Nintendo or an XBox so I can't compare it to those versions. In this computer version, the main "character" is a married woman named Felicia Blue who has 2 children. You can create several different profiles or player names so that different users can save their own progress but they will all play as Felicia. There are 2 ways to play: Quickplay or the UNO Adventure game option.

The Quickplay option lets the player select either a single game where one hand is dealt for 5 players and play until one person wins, or a 300 point option which can mean a few hands are played until a player reaches 300 points. In Quickplay, you can choose between settings where you can say UNO on your own when down to one card (by pressing the red button that says UNO by your name) or have it said automatically. If you miss saying UNO within 10 seconds after play resumes you're challenged and given 2 more cards. In either game, the other players must also "say" UNO or you can challenge them by pressing the red UNO button by their name, also within 10 seconds, making them draw 2 more cards, but you have to catch them while the button by their name is still red.

With the Adventure Game option, Felicia and the Blue family travel around the world on vacation with Felicia as she works as an undercover UNO Rules Enforcement Agent. Going to places like California, the Tropics, a Cruise, Morroco, Paris, Scotland, Tokyo, Austrailia, Transylvania, Moscow and the Himalayas, she plays numerous games of UNO against 1 to 5 other players in places like a cafe or the Eiffel Tower in Paris, poolside on the Cruise, gathering clues, winning trophies, often getting to buy outfit changes to suit the locale played. She also earns various new "command cards," such as the "Croc Tooth" card that when in play reverses the effect of a draw card played on her or the "Redocorate" card that not only allows her to select the new color like a wild card does but also changes all her normal UNO cards to the color she has chosen. In this mode, there is no automatic UNO option like in Quickplay.

Most games have to be won before the player can move on, a very few permit you to move on after 2 or 3 losses. She sometimes plays in disguise, other times her family members are players in the games. There are about 35 games to be played before she reaches Atlantis for the UNO Tournament, where she must win at least 3 games. Then follow the post Tournament games, where her family members must play and win about 3 games to escape the evil Madame Zero with the help of Agent Numero Uno.

Occasionally the game froze up on the computer which can mean losing progress for the game being played, but the point the player was at stayed the same. Progress can be checked at any time in the Trophy Room in the HQ Blimp and some leeway was possible in outfit changes during the games. Once she has accomplished winning all the games she gets to go relax, and then any other games played in the Adventure Game mode allow her to earn color coded points so she can buy more outfits. Once Felicia has earned different command cards or bought new outfits during the the Adventure Play mode they become available in the Quickplay mode.

Obviously, it's a juvenile game, probably most suited for ages 7 or 8 to 11 or 12. Depending on skill level it may take a few days to a week or so for a young player to go through all the different games in Adventure Play mode. But if you know a young girl who loves UNO I think it would make a great gift. If they must play UNO alone this is a cute way to do it.
22 comments4 of 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 29, 2009
It is a nice game, if you love Uno. It can get a bit boring. The characters that you play with are colorful. They get upset when they get too many cards. They will get sad or mad faces. That makes me wonder what message that sends to people about sportsmanship, but, oh well. Nice color and graphics overall.
on August 4, 2012
I stayed up all night playing this game so that I could see what the end was like. I noticed how it lets you play the same game over (once you beat it)with new/different outfits that you can purchase. I am confused on a couple of stages, maybe someone can help me out with this. I noticed on the stage where you can click on office.....it does not do anything when I click on office. I also noticed that sometimes when I beat the game it does not allow me to go to tournament due to it showing I did not not complete a stage, (mad doctor stage) When I go back to that particular stage and beat it....it still shows that I have not beat it when I have, it also makes it seem like I have not received all of my trophys when I know I have. Can someone please explain these issues to me?? Overall.... it was a pretty good game.
on September 1, 2013
I really like Uno, so I had high hopes for this game. It's fun, but sometimes I think the opponents are too easy to defeat. I was also disappointed in the lack of depth of the adventure. There just isn't much to it other that playing Uno.
on February 10, 2011
can't get to the mystery part of the game. Notified the company and didn't realy get an answer back. When playing the Uno regular game it shuts down with an error to send to micro soft. Not worth the money no mater how cheep the price
on May 17, 2010
This was fun for about the first five minutes and then it became mundane. This game is not for adults who love to play games. I wish I had not spent the money.
on February 13, 2013
undercover game was very slow and seemed like a lot of reading more then play.
regular game was very good and keep nephew playing for a long time
on August 5, 2013
UNO with a bit of a storyline to it. Works for me. Program installs easily and works well. Fun little game.
on October 4, 2013
If anyone would like this UNO game, you will enjoy it in window 8 also. thank you very much the the UNO game.
on April 12, 2013
This is a fun game and its a lot better than the free app that's on the cell phones and tablets