Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback May4th

on November 16, 2012
Any "real food" will taste different than it's highly processed counterpart. If you try these but you still eat food containing artificial flavors, colors and HFCS you may be disappointed in the taste. I gave up HFCS and the rest about two years ago. When I try to eat a regular Reese's they taste chemically to me so I was really excited to give these a try. I was very pleased. To me, the peanut butter is really close to Resse's. The chocolate has a higher amount of cocoa than traditional milk chocolate. I think these taste a little like dark chocolate. Finally I can have a piece of candy and not worry about what it's made of.
on November 19, 2012
Seeing how America's eating habits are horrible, I'm looking for any opportunity for a healthier choice. We had stopped Reece's Peanut Butter cups once we saw that they are made with GMOs (genetically modified organisms), and we were so excited to find this alternative. They don't taste exactly the same but they're comparable. I kind of think they taste better. This is a great choice if you are tired of junk! The price at local drugstores is a better option, though.
on November 9, 2012
UPDATE:
I've had this product twice since my original review. Luckily it was much fresher these two other times. So I've updated my review from 1 star to 4. The reese's cup is the obvious standard-bearer when it comes to peanut butter cups, and this comes very close to it, while provided natural and non-gmo flavors. The flavor profile is definitely there, the texture is a bit off from reese's, which isn't a total surprise. The chocolate seems a bit more premium and the peanut butter a little less sugary. When I'm in the mood, I'd definitely pick this up over a reese's, but I'll admit that the reese's is still THE peanut butter cup. All that said, I still only rated it 4 stars because if I don't get a fresh one, I am not going to be able to eat it and it will have been a waste of money. The sell by date is not a good indicator. However I do find a slight squeeze of the package will have a lightly springy or cushiony feel when they are fresh and a hard or even crumbly feel when not.

ORIGINAL:
Well, I was intrigued by the concept, but the result is not so great. The product I got was like a really old dried out peanut butter cup. The peanut butter is not smooth at all and kind of crumbles, not quite chalk but not like a stale reese's either. I'm not sure how to describe the odd texture, other than unpleasant. I am hoping the package I got was just really old, but based on this experience I would not buy again or recommend to anyone unless you enjoy stale reese's cups.
88 comments|3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 25, 2013
Thank you for REAL mass-produced candy!!! Back says it all:
NO artificials
NO hydrogenateds
NO corn syrups
NO preservatives
NO GMOs
UNREAL
If you wanna live truly natural, and miss your candy, this might be the fix! I'm also interested to try other natural candies, if anyone has suggestions...
on November 11, 2012
I first came across these on a trip to my local BJ's store. I was immediately drawn to the concept of a healthier candy. The taste even better than the junk filled product they closely resemble (Reeses Peanut Butter Cups).
on January 5, 2014
The peanut flavor was there but the chocolate was very bland. I prefer bigger flavors. Liked that it was "unjunked" though
on December 28, 2012
I thought that they were good. I felt like I was eating a healthier version of Reese's. I have a new choice to take to the movies or snack on as an occasional treat. I learned about this product from a functional medicine MD website. This is a nice example of what can be done to unjunk food.
on March 10, 2013
Taste amazing and are individually packaged. Gave these to my kids instead of the traditional ones that are chock full of chemicals.
on March 28, 2013
THX, daughter loves anything PB & chocolate and they were gone within an hour by her & others dipping into her bag
on February 10, 2013
Unreal touts "real ingredients, unreal taste." Yes, there may be real ingredients--no artificial flavors and trans fats--but the formula should simply be semi or bitter sweet chocolate, peanut butter, sugar, and sea salt. However, you also get unnecessary ingredients such as palm fruit oil and blue agave inulin. Both the chocolate and peanut butter had an unreal--as in unnatural--taste/aftertaste. More marketing than reality...