Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS

on September 11, 2012
This was the first book I've read by this author, but it definitely won't be the last. The writer's style was wonderful, it was extremely well written (NO typos ~ yay!!) and the plot kept me guessing until the end. I cared about all the main characters and thought the paranormal angle was very original. While I would have liked a BIT more info on a couple of the "assisting" characters in the book (Amber and the old lady), I don't feel that I was really left dangling. This book was actually hard for me to put down and I was kind of sad when it ended. Thanks to the author for a wonderful read, and keep up the good writing!
on August 14, 2012
I was anxious to read another of John Hileman's books after MESSAGES... I was counting down the days before THE UNSEEN was released. I read it in two sittings, could not put it down... This story is completely unpredictable, it beautifully and dramatically unfolds in a way the reader would never expect. Loved the character development and connections. My mind was spinning with the implications of this story and my heart was engulfed with emotion. I've never been completely satisfied BUT still longing for more at the end of a book! Hileman is a marvelous story teller with a perspective unlike any other author I've come across... Every life is precious,if you don't know that now you will after reading this book. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!!
11 comment|90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 31, 2013
I thought after reading the reviews that I would like this book, and the pro-life message would have been welcomed. Unfortunately, I kept stumbling over the baby-talk, and trying to read it was impossible. I would get hung up on a paragraph just trying to figure out what the child (not baby) was trying to say. In some cases what was written didn't even resemble a real word. I hope the message of the book goes far and wide, but I also hope at some time the book is revised for more readable content.
VINE VOICEon August 31, 2012
1+stars

I gave this book 1+ plus stars as the story started out ok, I liked the characters and then the story turned in a completely different and unexpected way. Holly, whose son was kidnapped suddenly started to act completely out of character. You are an addict or you are not. She was, and then she wasn't.

The killer had already killed 4 children every year on a specific date and a different part of the country and Holly, her brother and friend thought they could outwit the killer better then the FBI.

This is when the story got weird. Her brother could see dead kids and we are expected to think that the kids are the ones that were murdered and have something to tell him. But, then it turns into a pro-life story. SPOILER COMING.

It turns out that even if you are a horrible mother and even if you are not ready to have a baby even as a teenager, you must, as your unborn child will follow you for the rest of your life. Also , your child will speak like an adult and have adult talents.

After the first 1/3 of the book it gets completely crazy.

I wouldn't have minded as much if I thought I had bought a christian anti abortion mystery. Or even a Christian mystery. But I did not. This book is marketed as a mystery and thriller.

The premise and description of the book are very misleading. I am not sure if the story is supposed to stop your abortion or help you atone if you had one. With that said.. If you are extremely pro life and think that dead kids follow their unforgiving parents around than this book is for you... For everyone else it is not.
1919 comments|119 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 15, 2013
This book started off as a decent thriller with interesting characters, but soon devolved into an unbelievable anti-abortion rant. Disjointed plot with a totally predictable ending. I'm glad I got this for free. Don't waste your time.
on September 1, 2012
I found myself re-reading sentences to see if I was missing something. Lots of misspellings & incorrect word usage, which can really ruin a book, regardless of content. The story line was weak. I just couldn't get into it & quit about 1/3 of the way in. Basically I got bored. I recommend that readers try the free sample before buying this book.
on November 20, 2012
I read a ton of mystery thrillers, but this one was both predictable and forgettable. There was a twist on the mystery children, but it had an agenda totally unrelated to the overall plot of the book. While it didn't damage the plot, it did nothing to further it either, although it did convey a message for the author that could be a little hard to swallow. Some of the twists were hard to follow as was the developing romance at the same time as a kidnapping. It was a free read for me and I finished it, so it wasn't all bad, but probably won't add the author's name to my "future reads" list.
on August 28, 2012
I do not understand all of the 5 star reviews for this book. The premise was absolutely ridiculous. I won't give away spoilers as many have done, but Hileman's "novel" is nothing but a forum for his religious propaganda, which is fine if that is what you are interested in. "Women Sleuth" genre, as advertised, it is not! Luckily, it was a free download for me.
55 comments|57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 12, 2012
I'm sure others have done a better job at summarizing the plot than I could. I just want to say that I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I cared about the characters from the beginning. Even the secondary characters were well developed. There was plenty of action to keep any suspense lover turning the pages. I enjoy reading Christian Fiction so I definitely liked that part of the story line. I've never read this author before, but will be looking for more of his books.
on January 2, 2013
This book is mislabeled as Mystery/Thriller. I started out liking it, thinking it was a well-written ghost story with a mystery. Then I realized that it was actually a thinly-veiled piece of anti-abortion religious propaganda with a definite political adjenda. I did finish it, but then I deleted it from my kindle, and then deleted it permanently from my library. At least I got it free.